Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

18 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

🙏 🙏 

They have Coventry home and Leicester away and could lose both. A Birmingham win at Huddersfield takes them over them and a Plymouth point from the last two games and Wednesday win and they are down

Edited by RUREADY2ROLL

Little club the other side of the hill, with shocking support. I would love to see them go down. They still talk about beating Sunderland 5-0 away, as if the rest of the season is forgotten, they seem to forget they lost the very next game at Bristol City 5-0. There manager is totally deluded.

Just seen the goalkeeper howler at Blackburn. 

Question on this.

Once he'd kicked it,could he not have picked it up ?

I'm guessing not as it sat up for him and he let it go.

But surely he'd have been better doing so and taking a chance on defending a free kick.

Either way, was pretty funny

For everyone else that is.

9 minutes ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

They have Coventry home and Leicester away and could lose both. A Birmingham win at Huddersfield takes them over them and a Plymouth point from the last two games and Wednesday win and they are down

But for that Leeds game, they'd be gone I reckon.

23 minutes ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

I am a huge Cov fan for the next week 

23 hours ago, Whitestar said:

Just watching QPR v Preston.

2 sides we should be finishing above next season, and looking at the quality on show i don't think we have owt to fear there like.

Noted that the walk out anthem was good though, London calling by the Clash. Nice touch.

I work with a PNE ST holder and whilst they aren't full of talented players, they are physical.  When they won at Ewood they bullied them physically, players like Brad Potts who just do a job and don't get beaten in challenges.  Will Keane up front has scored a few and they've got a young Montenegro striker (Osamajic) who's a budget version of Mitrovic.scored a hat-trick recently.  Its a different game physically, I'd love to have the problem of course but I think even more sides would bully us rather than outplay us than they do in L1.  We only have to finish above 3 sides though so its a different mentality anyway than L1. 

• Site Supporter

Talk of physicality in the championship- well Coventry, from what I've seen, have been physical but haven't really got near Utd.

Not seen it all, but from what I have, Coventry have seemed a bit devoid of ideas/ability to repeatedly cause Utd problems.

If they were to go up, without more quality, you'd see them struggle.

4 hours ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

Quality finish from Szomdics, that's the standard we hoped Charles was

He really is quality.  He's got to move on this summer surely, hopefully Rovers don't get ridiculous money for him, or at least the Venky's keep it and they can't spend it on the team.  Yet another top striker that Posh bought and sold on for a profit.

2 hours ago, Duck Egg said:

Blackburn's keeper guarantees a place in future howler reels. Dreadful error.

Absolutely hilarious that, even better than the Burnley one last week.

Can't blame the defender obviously, but still always good to see the unnecessary pass backs to the goalie punished (not like he can pick it up).  

Pears also responsible for Wednesday's first goal, charging out of his goal unnecessarily and failing to clear, brought back bad memories of a month or 2 ago.

8 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Talk of physicality in the championship- well Coventry, from what I've seen, have been physical but haven't really got near Utd.

Not seen it all, but from what I have, Coventry have seemed a bit devoid of ideas/ability to repeatedly cause Utd problems.

If they were to go up, without more quality, you'd see them struggle.

Think even with games in hand it’s a big ask for play offs