Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

• Site Supporter
19 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

I’m sat freezing my tits off at the tony macaroni watching it. but what a result this will be!!! Superb 

great wee side livi and a lovely club 

Just seen the second half. Proper skirmish at times, but they gave Celtic plenty.

Couple of cracking finishes too.

The lines on the "grass" play havoc with my eyes on the TV though. :)

must be a bit odd though, having away fans on three sides.

26 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Just seen the second half. Proper skirmish at times, but they gave Celtic plenty.

Couple of cracking finishes too.

The lines on the "grass" play havoc with my eyes on the TV though. :)

must be a bit odd though, having away fans on three sides.

Yeah they’ve a really small fan base livi. It’s busier when rangers come to be fair. But only marginally. 

Home fans are about 2k tips which is a shame but they have the old firm and hibs and hearts which dominate the area.

really good club though and the food in the hospitality is a delight. When it’s not the old firm it’s 70quid for a top notch three course meal half time pies and bar and coffees etc afterwards plus a seat in front of the directors box Excellent value. 

13 minutes ago, Spider said:

Manyoo's freefall has been a long time coming and is an utter delight to watch.

What I don’t get is the way commentators still talk about their players like they are special.

Fred would not get into half of the championship’s first teams.

Rashford is a complete and utter joke who would normally be playing for West Ham reserves.

That team they put out today would be relegated. No doubt about it. They have some better players injured sure. But still. They should be happy with 8th this season given what they’ve got. 

Rashford who is Man Utd's best attacking player accused by Redknapp of going hiding.When stuff like that happens it won't be long before the manager goes.Daft as it may sound Big Sam will be high up on the list of contenders, although as i said a couple of weeks ago Man Utd's front 6 isn't as good as the front 6 Sam left Bolton with.Man Utd can't be a force till they get new owners but the owners make great money out of Man Utd so aren't in a rush to sell.The short term future isn't bright for Man Utd

4 minutes ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

Rashford who is Man Utd's best attacking player accused by Redknapp of going hiding.When stuff like that happens it won't be long before the manager goes.Daft as it may sound Big Sam will be high up on the list of contenders, although as i said a couple of weeks ago Man Utd's front 6 isn't as good as the front 6 Sam left Bolton with.Man Utd can't be a force till they get new owners but the owners make great money out of Man Utd so aren't in a rush to sell.The short term future isn't bright for Man Utd

Rashford isn’t very good. He’s in reality a bit part player for a mid table side. He has spells when he’s on fire. But his all round game is simply not that of a regular premiership striker. Especially given how Man Utd play. Another player who has a hot spell as a kid but doesn’t fulfill the crazy expectations placed on him.

7 minutes ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

Say Man Utd again.

24 minutes ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

Nowt to do with the owners, you've still spent boatloads of cash over the last few years, same as you always did. 

You won't find any sympathy for your distinctly first world problems on here. 

Edited by RoadRunnerFan

4 minutes ago, RoadRunnerFan said:

Nowt to do with the owners, you've still spent boatloads of cash over the last few years, same as you always did. 

You won't find any sympathy for your distinctly first world problems on here. 

City's owners have invested a billion quid, Man Utd have paid a billion quid in interest charges since the Glazers took over

5 minutes ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

City's owners have invested a billion quid, Man Utd have paid a billion quid in interest charges since the Glazers took over

Whilst that statement is true it doesn't make mine any less true.

Your record signing cost the thick end of £30m less than theirs. Sanchez was supposed to be trousering about half a million a week. Your decline isn't down to a lack of spending.

If you don't like it you could always head down to one of your tribute acts.