Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Blackburn 1 Wanderers 0

burnden

• Site Supporter

Just got back. As soon as they got that corner I knew what was coming.

Some right ale cans from Bolton ballooning along A666 singing every Wanderers song they could remember. The 10 German bombers went on forever. Then they got shouted at by a policewoman outside Golden Cup,

Meanwhile Bolton Yoof had opened the engine cover on a passing bus and where trying to find the engine kill switch. Kids, eh.

That was next to us. Rocked every car trying to set alarms off.

Love this place after a defeat...

I always imagine what you guys would be like if a waiter brought the wrong meal to your table.

Worst thing ever everytime something goes wrong.

now I'm a bit of a happy clapper but for fucking fucks sake, behave your fucking self! I went straight from work to this match after a hard day in the office and when they got that corner I openly said 'this is them winning'. I'm now in a stinking mood as it took ages to get on the motorway and I'm back in the BB postcode in a few hours to take shit from those cunts. So you'll have to excuse me for being a little bit fucking grumpy this evening after that fucking defuckinfeat!

• Site Supporter

I'm starting to worry about our ability to see out injury time - or lack of. We were hoofing it anywhere them last 4 minutes, simply not good enough.

Just glad the chicken botherers won't be going up or I'd be seriously pissed off

• Moderators

Why is it called joke defending? Was it an o.g? No .Keeper howler? No. A good goal scorer at this level scores from a corner in a tight game. We could have nicked it with Cravies or 0-0 would have been a decent result. It doesn't change what we have to do against Millwall. God help some of our fans should we ever do a Derby and concede TWO goals in added on time!

I'm as disappointed as anyone with the result, just not convinced it was joke defending.

Away form over the season is shabby though!

Cos Rhodes was totally unmarked

Not a full back or some midfielder who scores as often as vela, but Jordan fcuking rhodes

Its indefensible but at least folk are now catching on its the players

Darwen whites are back from the game and are thoroughly pissed off!!

Saying that saw some old faces in golden cup before game ,

Please can we finish the season now.

Good support from the 2500 tonight absolute dog shit from their 13000.

Proud to be a wanderer.

• Members

Well that was disappointing.

Cravies spurned a goalden chance to win it, we were then let off the hook 60 seconds later when Amos somehow stopped their header on the line.

When they got that corner I u st said,"Surely it can't happen again...". FFS.

Surprisingly enough I walked away feeeling a bit pissed off but far from distraught. It just felt like we'd lost a match that meant nothing.

I'd feel a lot different if the same happens against Wigan (even though I won't be there).

now I'm a bit of a happy clapper but for fucking fucks sake, behave your fucking self! I went straight from work to this match after a hard day in the office and when they got that corner I openly said 'this is them winning'. I'm now in a stinking mood as it took ages to get on the motorway and I'm back in the BB postcode in a few hours to take shit from those cunts. So you'll have to excuse me for being a little bit fucking grumpy this evening after that fucking defuckinfeat!

Wasn't aimed at you particularly, but by all means take the brunt of it if you wish.

I was just remarking how this place can go from "I'd have taken a point before the game" to "This is the worst defeat ever and we're going to be relegated" in 30 seconds. Check out all the posts in the minute after that goal. It's like only the bipolar members of the forum post during the match.

Calm down dear.

As soon as it went for a corner I knew what was next. Becoming long drawn out torture this season, injury after injury, square pegs in round holes, points tossed away at the death week after week. Nobody's doing it on purpose or cos they can't be arsed but it aint half frustrating.

McCarthy was immense considering how little first team football he's had

Good old northern rail.

Ladies and gentlemen, for all the Bolton supporters traveling home by train after the game...

You aren't!

Same cunts must be looking after the roads. Junction 5 on M61 closed with no prior warning and can't turn right at junction 4 so had to travel via Little Hulton to get back to Leigh!

Same cunts must be looking after the roads. Junction 5 on M61 closed with no prior warning and can't turn right at junction 4 so had to travel via Little Hulton to get back to Leigh!

There was one overhead sign on the M65 warning you and that was it. Poor that really.

Well, it started badly; I left Manc at 5 and via Tomski's got to Ewok at 7. Traffic was horrendous

from where I was in corporate, the away end wasn't high in number but loud in voice, which was commented on by a couple of Blackburn around me. Saw Spearing who looked miserable as fuck, John Byrom and Anewman's best mate Phil Gartside

First half nowt in it; barely a chance

Second half I thought it could have gone either way; both teams of similar mid-table (lack of) quality really

Craig Davies offered us a lot more than Heskey when he came on and should have scored, but Rhodes' miss with the header that he put straight at Amos was even easier

Their goal; I'm in the poor defending camp...as Cas says, why he fuck is the deadliest poacher in the division left alone there? Also The header (Gestede maybe?) was won far too easily.

I thought Vela and Feeney were poor again overall and Coke wasn't great, ALF industrious, McCarthy appears fairly solid for the most part and seems a natural leader...not a lot else to say about them really

Scary thing was (as others have also said) I half expected the goal when they got the corner

And just as scary, I'm just not that pissed off

Edited by jules_darby

Lennon is clearly pissed off with the players at the moment, and probably has been for a few weeks.

I bet he can't wait for the summer to come so he can get rid of the crap we still have.... and try and get some better quality in.

• Members

Why have they suddenly become 'massive'? What difference would a point have made tonight?

Every point makes a difference doesn't it?  Lennon 37 seconds into his interview says what a valuable point we have lost tonight.

Not overly pissed off by the result or the performance.

Yes it stings a bit losing to bastard rovers in injury time.

As the chant said we ain't going down we ain't going up.

Missed to many good chances that one of Davies' especially, good saves from Steele. Left ourselves vulnerable to the sucker punch.

The number of overly angry folk leaving the ground was hilarious.

One lad kicked every seat on his way out and punched the metal railing at the bottom of the steps, he'll be sore in the morning.

I also liked how people after that one goak decided every player was shit. Different players to different rage addicts mind you.

Sailed home back quicker than most games at the macron.

Fucking pains me to get beat of these twats .... Wigan and brentford on the away dos for this year .... Is it possible that we request an old skoo bolton mob to take the piss next season because I am seeing a load of embarrassment this season , fucking 20 of us in Darwen today RUBBISH....just fucking saying like