Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

These Ere Migrants That Keep Drowning....

gonzo

There's a piece on BBC online today explaining/excusing why Saudi Arabia and the Gulf States are not taking in any refugees.

Other than say they need a visa to enter those countries, it was a poor article.

What causes the thinking by those countries that seems to say fuck em to fellow Muslims?

I happen to be ashamed of the UK's response. Lots of folk seem unable to differentiate between economic migrants and refugees. They don't care either.

I'm not ashamed but then again it will affect us more than you. We are already supporting the refugees in their country and it would appear we are going to hear an announcement that we will be taking refugees directly from Syria. So we are not feeding the trade of the smugglers and will know exactly who the refugees who are to be settled in this country are and if they are genuinely in need of our help.

Germany's open door let anyone who turns up in policy is naive, poorly thought out and will result in social issues in years to come.

Hopefully Britain is learning from their previous immigration policies.

Other than say they need a visa to enter those countries, it was a poor article.

What causes the thinking by those countries that seems to say fuck em to fellow Muslims?

I happen to be ashamed of the UK's response. Lots of folk seem unable to differentiate between economic migrants and refugees. They don't care either.

Unlike Germany Britain has absorbed refugees and immigrants since 1930. Jews, Poles, Czechs, Ukrainians, Indians, West Indians, Pakistanis, Bangladeshis, Asians from Uganda, Africans from Biafra etc etc. 

Yes lots of folks cannot differentiate between economic migrants and refugees. They cannot get their heads around the fact that once these people leave safe countries like Italy, turkey and greece the become economic migrants. Lets not beat about the bush here, over 90% of these Syrians, Afghans, Iraqis and Africans are well dressed, young and fit individuals  with designer sun glasses and mobiles to boot, who want to relocate to Germany, Sweden, France or the UK.

Open the borders and next summers numbers will triple.

Edited by bgoefc

• Members

It looks like Dithering Dave will give in to the public pressure and accept more refugees now.And rightly so.

Stand fast Dave and don't listen to them. More than enough immigrants already on those small islands.

Any acceptance should be linked to a proviso that they go back once it's all over.

They've got mobile phones? Well, that's the game-changer, let's send Greece a few million in subsidies instead, to buy a score of hot air balloons and a gross of crates of air rifles...Train some of those lazy cunt retired hairdressers as marksmen (to shoot the rafts, not the people - it will be the sea that removes them, then, not us.) We can't have these uppity mobile phone owning Africans swamping here, pimping squirts of Joop! and not afffecting my life in any way, shape or form.

Edited by Youri McAnespie

Unlike Germany Britain has absorbed refugees and immigrants since 1930. Jews, Poles, Czechs, Ukrainians, Indians, West Indians, Pakistanis, Bangladeshis, Asians from Uganda, Africans from Biafra etc etc. 

Yes lots of folks cannot differentiate between economic migrants and refugees. They cannot get their heads around the fact that once these people leave safe countries like Italy, turkey and greece the become economic migrants. Lets not beat about the bush here, over 90% of these Syrians, Afghans, Iraqis and Africans are well dressed, young and fit individuals  with designer sun glasses and mobiles to boot, who want to relocate to Germany, Sweden, France or the UK.

Open the borders and next summers numbers will triple.

take Syria. the attached link has a map showing how fucked the country is

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syrian_Civil_War

in a country two-thirds the size of the UK

if this was happening on your doorstep, you'd leave

UN figures have it around 62% of EU arrivals are genuine refugees

Either way, I do wonder what sort of hell hole they're coming from if a parent is willing to risk crossing the med with their infants in nothing more than a half inflated rubber dingy.

The family had a relative (sister or cousin, I think) in Canada trying to get them papers to go there. After a couple of months, once they were aware that Canada was not going to accept them, they opted to nip across to Kos and then head north.

take Syria. the attached link has a map showing how fucked the country is

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syrian_Civil_War

in a country two-thirds the size of the UK

if this was happening on your doorstep, you'd leave

UN figures have it around 62% of EU arrivals are genuine refugees

Fair enough I'd leave, I'd argue about 62% but these guys are a little bit too picky in their preferred choice of destination for my liking.  Refusing to seek asylum or be processed in Italy or Greece or Hungary. One even holding up a placard saying "Syria better than Hungary" whilst taking the shelter, food and water being offered by that state.

So many clearly angry young Muslim men entering Europe en mass. I can't see how anyone thinks this going to end well...

Last bloke I spoke to from Syria was talking about his upcoming trip to EuroDisney...

To take his daughter, rather than to commit some atrocity.

Clearly you're mixing with the wrong crowd of Syrians.

There's a well thought out, choreographed and sinister tactic behind a large proportion of this human tide.

No there isn't, the whole region is chaos.

A couple of years ago there was a vote in Parliament whether to send in troops against President Asad now we tacitly support him against ISIS.

No one knows how this will end.

• Moderators

if only we'd let the poles and jews and associated others sort out their own mess 80 years ago, eh

when folk prattle on about being proud to be british, i think 'wtf' as nationality is just an accident of birth

if i can be admiring of one british characteristic, its that of helping those in need

and im no bedwetter

id be happy enough to send our forces in if we knew who we were going in after and kill the lot of em

y'know, them that need killing, not everybody who just happens to be getting in the way

what a fcuking mess