Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Preston 0 Wanderers 0

burnden

What's the current status with Eddie? Is he compos mentis or are the rumours of him being unable to make business decisions true and is our fate really in the hands of his family/shareholders who don't give a monkeys about the club? Would help to know but our Chairman who wasn't backward at coming forward when things were going well is suddenly media shy and won't say a word. Is there really a credible take over offer out there, what was that trip to Thailand all about? Club is treating the supporters like mushrooms so its no wonder rumours get out of hand

Fair point. If things have changed we should know as supporters.

But I don't think they have. He's sick of pissing cash up the wall and no bugger wants to come in and do it for him. If someone does come in we'll soon know. It'll be PR overdrive.

As I said earlier, no time for Gartside but I don't know what he has to say except things are the same. We are pot-less and there's nothing on the horizon, no matter what ex-players have hinted at.

Wooooosh

I was saying that on that remuneration it DOES matter who the chairperson is

Ok, let me know who is available to do the job amd get us out of the shit and I'll take you seriously.

The line 'anyone except Gartside' doesn't count.

Like me,you know piss all about the day to day running of the club. All any of us know is that the owner and main financer of the club and other significant names on the board think Gartside is worthy of the job and the wage. That's how business works - and this is a business, no matter how much of an emotional attachment you have to it.

Ok, let me know who is available to do the job amd get us out of the shit and I'll take you seriously.

The line 'anyone except Gartside' doesn't count.

Like me,you know piss all about the day to day running of the club. All any of us know is that the owner and main financer of the club and other significant names on the board think Gartside is worthy of the job and the wage. That's how business works - and this is a business, no matter how much of an emotional attachment you have to it.

I don't need to, it isn't my job

That doesn't mean that Gartside should be immune from criticism does it?

Thanks for telling me how business works; I had no idea

• Moderators

That doesn't mean that Gartside should be immune from criticism does it?

its hard to criticise without knowing the facts and the only facts i think we know is that we havent got any money

if we want to ignore the lack of facts, we may as well start on lennon for signing shite

and anybody wanting to start on davies can fcuk right off

when he arrived we were into the banks for 60 million

That's the loudest I've ever heard it.

Can't say I blame em,although it should be directed at the owner not the chairman IMO.

What's happened to us this season is no different to Blackpool last season.

We are going down.

An interesting comparison.Personally I don't think Davies has pulled the plug to that extent. I think our fall from grace has more in common with Wigan's in that both clubs had the money to compete in Div 2 but appointed several wank managers in a row.Spearing, Pratley and Mark Davies for example will be one of the higher paid midfields in this league, but our managers can't get results with them

Edited by jturner

its hard to criticise without knowing the facts and the only facts i think we know is that we havent got any money

if we want to ignore the lack of facts, we may as well start on lennon for signing shite

and anybody wanting to start on davies can fcuk right off

when he arrived we were into the banks for 60 million

We know the headlines and frankly that's enough

You're starting to sound like you did with Freedman and not knowing "his targets"

We will never know all of the facts, it doesn't mean what's happening is acceptable

We know the headlines and frankly that's enough

You're starting to sound like you did with Freedman and not knowing "his targets"

We will never know all of the facts, it doesn't mean what's happening is acceptable

Plus the assertion that we were into the banks for '60 million' is not fact it's your opinion (and the mad postman's.) some might say it is rewriting history to favour the current owners. It is hard to criticise when you don't have the facts but it is also hard to defend the current owners when you don't have all the facts as well but plenty seem happy to do so. 

It's clear that we are up shit street without a paddle, the 4 years of parachute money are all but gone

Coyle should have been sacked sooner with hindsight and Dougie not brought in but at the time I thought PG got it about right on both counts so I'd be a tucking hypocrit to point the finger

ED clearly wants to sell and is no longer going to put money in which I can't blame him for as its his cash

Maybe we are at a point where we start selling more assets off in an effort to get something out of the playing side. Maybe the ground and rent it back and or one of Euxton / lostock

If nobody is willing to put their own money in then it can only come from the sale of assets

It's clear that we are up shit street without a paddle, the 4 years of parachute money are all but gone

Coyle should have been sacked sooner with hindsight and Dougie not brought in but at the time I thought PG got it about right on both counts so I'd be a tucking hypocrit to point the finger

ED clearly wants to sell and is no longer going to put money in which I can't blame him for as its his cash

Maybe we are at a point where we start selling more assets off in an effort to get something out of the playing side. Maybe the ground and rent it back and or one of Euxton / lostock

If nobody is willing to put their own money in then it can only come from the sale of assets

Tough call that mate, the more assests we sell the less appealing we become as a club to invest in I would of thought.

One thing is for certain,if things don't buck up pretty sharpish it's all going to get very nasty. You could sense it heading that way on Saturday.

I think the penny is beginning drop for a lot of fans,including myself,as to what a complete mess we are actually in. Only a mixture of blind faith/optimism and head in the sand syndrome has stopped it dropping earlier.

PG,NL and ED are all accountable and non should be exempt from criticism. We are shambles from top to bottom and all play their part.

Other clubs fans wouldn't be taking this so lightly.

What the answer is I don't know. The chairman isn't going anywhere,neither is the owner (the the foreseeable) and we can't afford to pot the manager and bring anyone else in so he's not going anywhere either. We are stuck with this situation.

Fuck me its not going to be pretty.

At 1.48 a sinister little fella appears from nowhere on a mission to find drink. Dodging the police kettling, he follows his instincts and eventually finds his goal! The door on the other side was quicker though.

One minute he was stood with us... turned round and he'd gone...next time I saw him was on the vid!!  :D

Nice to meet you by the way BB.

• Moderators

I wasn't one chanting Gartside out because I admit, I dont know enough about the situation. folk need someone to blame and while Neil Lennon is still popular, then Gartside is first in line. If this carries on for a few months no doubt people will be calling for Lennon's head. 

Least they waited until near the end of the game. And by they I'd say 90% of the people. Until then Danns had been the scapegoat.

• Moderators

I personally think he's doing the best he can do considering.

if that shambolic offering on saturday is the best he can do, he wants to jack it in

the second half midfield changed too many times for me to keep up

we all know hes not got much money but it still shouldn't be beyond him to get folk to stand in the right bits of the pitch

vela played centrally and on the left

prtaley played left, centre and right

as did feeney

danns started on the right with feeney in the middle

and then we fcuked off having anybody on the left for an age

it defied logic, it really did

however

if we have to scratch out a few results to get some confidence, i've no issue with that, i just feel we've more chance of getting results if we get ourselves better organised

and i cant see owt but 3 or 4 goals conceded at ipswich

i really should stop watching a game sober :)

An interesting comparison.Personally I don't think Davies has pulled the plug to that extent. I think our fall from grace has more in common with Wigan's in that both clubs had the money to compete in Div 2 but appointed several wank managers in a row.Spearing, Pratley and Mark Davies for example will be one of the higher paid midfields in this league, but our managers can't get results with them

The fact that most managers are in a job for 12-18 months suggests that every other club can be accused of appointing shite managers, so it's not just us

• Site Supporter

Could it be that Lennie is having to learn a bit about management at this level?

He's played and managed at a high level perhaps where players were simply better than those in other teams. Celtic are a big fish in a small pond, and comparatively, had plenty to spend.

The football was good when he first came then as things started to go tits up, we saw him regularly criticising players; this has happened with previous managers who seemed to lose the players.

Interesting then that despite Saturday's poor performance he wasn't overly critical, at least publicly.

In the long run it may do him some good as with plenty of managers who've started low down in their careers.

I guess that's the risk with young managers, plenty of enthusiasm and ideas but less experience, particularly of man management.

If this is the route PG is going down then give him time. If we do get shut then get a manager with experience of lower level clubs.