Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Kevin Davies Retires

Horwich

Loved him for 99% of his time with us

Unfortunately the last 1% has ruined all the good times

For those of you who don't know the 1%, Blackpool at home when we drew 2-2, so for that reason i don't give a shit

That's fair enough mate.

But when thinking of that time it must be noted that worst manager in our history was in charge at the time who was well on his way to wrecking relationships within in the whole club. There wasnt many he didnt fall out with. KD was no different to the youth team coaching staff who he also ostracised.

Anyway lets not turn this in to all that again.

I sort of agree with mr58,He is and always will be an absolute Legend at this Club,however some of his and his wife's comments towards the end,and after he left,left a bit of a sour note..Which was such a shame.Good luck SKD in whatever's next and give the wife a backhander from me! All the best.....LEGEND

That's fair enough mate.

But when thinking of that time it must be noted that worst manager in our history was in charge at the time who was well on his way to wrecking relationships within in the whole club. There wasnt many he didnt fall out with. KD was no different to the youth team coaching staff who he also ostracised.

Anyway lets not turn this in to all that again.

Oh and Megson wasn't in charge then

Loved him for 99% of his time with us

Unfortunately the last 1% has ruined all the good times

For those of you who don't know the 1%, Blackpool at home when we drew 2-2, so for that reason i don't give a shit

I would have thought he was nailed on to be in the "man crush" section with Cain & Ross

Out and out club legend.

He was our heart and soul in the best Bolton era in our lifetime.

Il be telling my grandkids about him in years to come.

Top man,top professional and made the best of what he had to the extreme.

Legend.

Exactly right. I love this post.

Thank you Kevin for all the great memories, it's a shame he still isn't out there in the white shirt.

One of my all time favourite players, the DAVIES signed shirt hangs pride of place in my house, on view as soon as you come through the front door.

I hope to see the big man back at the club in some capacity really soon, what a pro. What a role model for any young kids coming through.

One of my many favourite memories was on the train to the airport the morning after the Munich game there was a full page colour picture of Lucio being challenged by SKD the look of fear on Lucio's face was an absolute picture and it just showed the fear of god Kevin Davies put into hardened professional his physicality, power and strength at his peak were something to behold.  Wish I had kept that newspaper. :(