Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Market Research On 033 Numbers

Happy Wanderer

Just thought I'd throw this out to the WWays community as I know you will give a unbiased opinion....

What are your thoughts when you see 033 numbers to dial for a product or service?

Is your first impression it's going to cost more than a 01 number?

Do you hesitate because you think it's not local?

Don't trust the number so never dial at all?

Any other  comments would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

I'm not sure why, but I wouldn't answer an 033 number, I'd let them leave a message and then call back if I thought it was of interest. I think I would treat it with the same suspicion as when I get an 0845 number call me  -  as I know it's generally somebody trying to flog me PPI stuff

Thought 03 numbers were introduced to replace premium rate numbers for responsible organisations and that call charges are included in my unlimited allowance with BT and O2 so wouldn't have a problem ringing one.

Wouldn't answer one on my personal phone, but I don't answer any numbers not in my contacts... all calls on work phone get answered though.

Thought 03 numbers were introduced to replace premium rate numbers for responsible organisations and that call charges are included in my unlimited allowance with BT and O2 so wouldn't have a problem ringing one.

Wouldn't answer one on my personal phone, but I don't answer any numbers not in my contacts... all calls on work phone get answered though.

Correct the 03 numbers are to replae the premium rate numbers and are charged at local rate when you call them.

I personally don't like to dial 0845 numbers are they a very expensive. On the other hand 03 numbers don't cost the earth so there shouldn't be any issues dialing them.

Interesting to see that most comments wouldn't answer if they saw it was from an 03 number.

Many companies who have more than one location appear to use 03 numbers as they can be located anywhere not just a set town. I know with VoIP numbers you can also be located in any town and still use a specific 01 number.

Thanks for your feedback so far, anymore comments would be apprieciated to get a broad outlook.

Unless it's in my phone book I don't answer. I've been waiting on a call from someone looking for a car for me this week all over at auctions so I've answered owt but they are generally mobile or local numbers. I've had 4 different claims management companies after me for a claim last year despite being at fault with no passengers.

Fuck off!

No worries ringing an 03 number.