Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

2015 Rugby Union World Cup Thread

Underpants

Watching in pub.

30 fit tough men. It's tough and fast.

Could be so much more entertaining if they lost 4 of them.

4 from each side?

And the shape of the ball?

Enjoyed that for nothing more than the brutality.

But come on.

It's like having a Ferrari on the pitch and putting a lawnmower engine in it.

Nigh on 60 points and two tries. No excuse when there are good for capable athletic people on the pitch. England even almost managed to fuck up a 3 on 2 overlap. Basic rugby continually executed like pub players.

Met as well play chess.

Enjoyed that for nothing more than the brutality.

But come on.

L

It's like having a Ferrari on the pitch and putting a lawnmower engine in it.

Nigh on 60 points and two tries. No excuse when there are good for capable athletic people on the pitch. England even almost managed to fuck up a 3 on 2 overlap. Basic rugby continually executed like pub players.

Met as well play chess.

I watched it,,exciting I guess if you like that kind of thing. Bit like basketball, you have a shot, we have a shot.

Playing a rucking and kicking game undermines England, got away with it once without beating the All Blacks, try passing the ball and scoring a try, just saying like....

We won the World Cup playing a traditional forwards stick it up your jersey game and should carry on doing so. If you want folk flinging the ball about watch 7's. Or League.

We won the World Cup playing a traditional forwards stick it up your jersey game and should carry on doing so. If you want folk flinging the ball about watch 7's. Or League.

Just watched the highlights from the England game and I'll stick with your recommendation. I saw better handling skills watching my lad's U7's RL game this morning.

Just watched the highlights from the England game and I'll stick with your recommendation. I saw better handling skills watching my lad's U7's RL game this morning.

Oh you've got it wrong, RU is a very technical game that us mere mortals don't understand. Nowt to do with passing the ball... and before anyone says if you don't like it don't comment on it, fair enough but stop coming on the rugby league thread telling us how shit it is.....

Serious questions - do the players know the rules? And what is the reason that it takes almost a minute to get the ball back in play every time it goes dead, there's a penalty etc?

They worked out that during the last six nations the ball was in play for 43% of the competition. In whose interests is that? It's 78% in super league. Why don't they want to just fucking get on with it?

So you don't know then. OK.

Due to frustration really. It's half watchable when it's all happening, which is why occasionally I'll flick over and watch 90 seconds or so of it before clodding the remote at the telly. But more than half the time (statistically proven) they are stood about. Why? And why do its supporters stand for it? Could it possibly be because they don't care a shite what happens on the field so long as they get a nice day out?

Edited by Maggie Tate