Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Change Of Owner?

onlyoneawalker

http://m.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/14029379.Wanderers_takeover_edges_ever_closer/?ref=rss&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

No mention of A Thai bid

Russia, Israel, India, Irish though

I must have missed them

Also looks like we may miss out on Lafferty to Leeds

I think they are just pulling stuff out of their arses now at the BEN

Firstly I don't think the Salford munichs are involved in another club are they?

Secondly I think it stops you having involvement in two clubs in the same competition, so you can own a club abroad but if both qualify for Europa say then one has to drop out

Malcolm will confirm soon enough

Giggs is United assistant manager, not sure they count as another club though. ????

Right, as far as I can tell an individual is only required to pass the fit and proper test if they own over 30% stake in the club, so seeing as it's going to be a consortium with the majority of the capital coming from other sources if Allardyce is involved he won't be subject to passing the tests.

Regardless there is nothing in the rules that specifically mentions owning and working for separate clubs as a conflict of interest but that part of the process does seem to have a degree of objectability to it, there are references to people who own broadcasting companies or politicians likely failing as there would be conflicts but equally there is previous cases where people in similar positions have been allowed.

Edited by Anderson

The rocket science bit is do you see this business turning around? Virtually all football clubs run at a lost anyway. I don't see why they'd invest.

We are 1 promotion away from guaranteed fortunes. With our now heavily trimmed cost base we could turn a large profit if we decided to be more careful with spending like Burnley did when they went up. We also currently have a premier league set up in terms of the stadium and training ground etc so investment in that area is not imperative.

The risks are, how much investment is required to get that 1 lucrative promotion? How many years of covering losses would it take before we get there, and if we do get there how much of the profit do you give up (in terms of spending on wages) to give you a better chance of staying there for longer. Or do you just keep costs as low as possible, cream all the profits from the increased revenue and pray for a miracle with regards to staying up.

As long as we are only 1 promotion from the Premiership I still believe that we are an attractive (albeit risky) investment.