Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Donald Dead Cat On Is Head Trump

little whitt

• Site Supporter

I quite like Angela Rayner and Andy Burnham. I've mixed feelings about Jeremy Corbyn. On the other side I've always admired Kenneth Clarke and I still think the tories missed a trick not picking Andrea Leadsom.

Andrea Leadsom is a bizarre one compared to your other choices. Anna Soubry is infinitely more sensible.

• Site Supporter

I was out in Davos last week and it was bedlam when he arrived.

He had 27 car motor convoy and I was at the airport when his 7 helicopters took off. As well as Air Force one he had another large plane out there for presidential folk.

Amazes me the cash involved in transporting him and his people.

That's basic logistics and security. The American president is a fucking important person, whoever it is. I fully understand the criticism over his weekly golf trips being paid for by U.S taxpayers, but when he's travelling internationally on official business, the precautions taken are no different than they would be/were for any other U.S President.

• Members

I mean he's a walking lie, so does this one matter in the grand scheme of things? No. But it still doesn't make him palatable. Nor does it make him anything other than detestable. 

In your red tinted eyes maybe.

I think he's a breath of fresh air. I see that odious fucker Hillary was at the awards pretending to read that liars bible which has recently been released.

Now if you want to talk about liars, let's talk about the Clintons. Evil bastards.

One of them yeah. You asked me a question so I gave you an answer. It's not hard is it.

Im quite surprised by that, can I ask why?

She always comes across to me as completely under qualified for any high position of state and a bit of a political lightweight - from living about her previous roles in the City to that whole ‘not being a mother she wouldn’t understand’ blunder.

Just interesting that you singled her out.

In your red tinted eyes maybe.

I think he's a breath of fresh air. I see that odious fucker Hillary was at the awards pretending to read that liars bible which has recently been released.

Now if you want to talk about liars, let's talk about the Clintons. Evil bastards.

Red tinted? I'm pretty centrist, or at least thats where I come out on all those online political mapping tool things. But regardless I don't think many people think Trump is anything other than a joke, regardless of where they sit on the political spectrum. He represents an unpleasantness that really needs to end. But above and beyond that, its clear he will say and do anything he thinks with further his position. If you think otherwise you've been royally duped. 

Red tinted? I'm pretty centrist, or at least thats where I come out on all those online political mapping tool things. But regardless I don't think many people think Trump is anything other than a joke, regardless of where they sit on the political spectrum. He represents an unpleasantness that really needs to end. But above and beyond that, its clear he will say and do anything he thinks with further his position. If you think otherwise you've been royally duped. 

Name me a politician, alive or dead, that didn't do that.

Not saying you're wrong just seems an odd criticism to single him out for.

How the hell will Corbyn implement half of his ideas (many of which I like, btw)?

Name me a politician, alive or dead, that didn't do that.

Not saying you're wrong just seems an odd criticism to single him out for.

How the hell will Corbyn implement half of his ideas (many of which I like, btw)?

Absolutely loads. And even those who might fall into that bracket aren't as brazen as Trump. 

Not sure what Corbyn and his ideas has to do with this?

Not sure what Corbyn and his ideas has to do with this?

Because you say he will do or say anything to further his position; Corbyn is making policies and promises that I don't think he could deliver on.

My point was, how is that different?  i.e. they all do it

Edited by madthatter

Because you say he will do or say anything to further his position; Corbyn is making policies and promises that I don't think he could deliver on.

My point was, how is that different?  i.e. they all do it

Corbyn is making promises he believes in, based on policies he's always advocated and believed in. I'm sure he believes they are achievable. As an example it would have been easy and profitable for him to say "yes I'll press the button". But he wouldn't because he was trying to be honest. It would have been far better for his political chances to be pro-remain but he isn't because he never was. Is he totally honest? No. But its clear he doesn't always toe the easy path just for the sake of his career. 

Politicians resign from senior positions sometimes on principle because they don't agree with what is happening. Of course there is always a degree of calculation, but many are deeply principled whether you agree with them or not. Ken Clarke for example, always stood up for what he believed in, in the face of abuse from his own party. Didn't do him much good often. 

Trump will ensure that when he leaves the presidency his business interests are furthered and I can bet you whatever amount of money you like he won't give a damn what happens to anybody who voted for him. 

Corbyn is making promises he believes in, based on policies he's always advocated and believed in. I'm sure he believes they are achievable. As an example it would have been easy and profitable for him to say "yes I'll press the button". But he wouldn't because he was trying to be honest. It would have been far better for his political chances to be pro-remain but he isn't because he never was. Is he totally honest? No. But its clear he doesn't always toe the easy path just for the sake of his career. 

Politicians resign from senior positions sometimes on principle because they don't agree with what is happening. Of course there is always a degree of calculation, but many are deeply principled whether you agree with them or not. Ken Clarke for example, always stood up for what he believed in, in the face of abuse from his own party. Didn't do him much good often. 

Trump will ensure that when he leaves the presidency his business interests are furthered and I can bet you whatever amount of money you like he won't give a damn what happens to anybody who voted for him. 

Some fair points but I think you're making some leaps about Trump though.  I reckon he thinks/thought he would actually build a wall for e.g.  I don't think that was any more bullshit than a promise from Corbyn.

You could argue that Corbyn et al have to say and do the things they do, as if they lose their integrity, the things they want won't ever come to be (and they lose face - not something Trump seems that arsed about, which I like, frankly)

If you're saying that they have different desires/intentions from Trump, I'd agree.

Some fair points but I think you're making some leaps about Trump though.  I reckon he thinks/thought he would actually build a wall for e.g.  I don't think that was any more bullshit than a promise from Corbyn.

You could argue that Corbyn et al have to say and do the things they do, as if they lose their integrity, the things they want won't ever come to be (and they lose face - not something Trump seems that arsed about, which I like, frankly)

If you're saying that they have different desires/intentions from Trump, I'd agree.

If Trump thought that saying "hey we're going to let 85 zillion Mexicans come live here unconditionally" would have won him the election he'd have said that.

He appealed to voters in the crudest of manners. He's already been caught out with things like DACA. He did and will just say anything that suits him in that situation. 

Trump has no principles, he doesn't have a belief set. He's just an opportunist. If the winds changed tomorrow, he'd say entirely different things.

Contrast that with Cameron,a man who gave up his political career when he realised he'd have to carry out something he didn't believe in. I'm no Cameron fan, but it shows that the "they're all the same" rhetoric isn't true. They may all share some need to appease their voters.

I really do worry that you cannot see directly through the man-child. But I guess so long as he's saying what you want him to say right now its fine. As ever with political debate....

If Trump thought that saying "hey we're going to let 85 zillion Mexicans come live here unconditionally" would have won him the election he'd have said that.

He appealed to voters in the crudest of manners. He's already been caught out with things like DACA. He did and will just say anything that suits him in that situation. 

Trump has no principles, he doesn't have a belief set. He's just an opportunist. If the winds changed tomorrow, he'd say entirely different things.

Contrast that with Cameron,a man who gave up his political career when he realised he'd have to carry out something he didn't believe in. I'm no Cameron fan, but it shows that the "they're all the same" rhetoric isn't true. They may all share some need to appease their voters.

I really do worry that you cannot see directly through the man-child. But I guess so long as he's saying what you want him to say right now its fine. As ever with political debate....

Whoa there fella.

Don't be giving that tool  Cameron any credit. He said Brexit could lead to war (his words) but thought that was a risk worth taking to settle an in house argument? 

The bloke is an absolute whopper who didn't even have the bollox to finish what he'd started. 

Whoa there fella.

Don't be giving that tool  Cameron any credit. He said Brexit could lead to war (his words) but thought that was a risk worth taking to settle an in house argument? 

The bloke is an absolute whopper who didn't even have the bollox to finish what he'd started. 

He could have clung on like a bad smell ala May. But didn't.

I mean I agree to an extent with what you're saying, but he didn't try and carry out something he couldn't agree with and for that at least you have to say he showed his integrity. 

He could have clung on like a bad smell ala May. But didn't.

I mean I agree to an extent with what you're saying, but he didn't try and carry out something he couldn't agree with and for that at least you have to say he showed his integrity.

Or argue he’s soft as shite

Either way, he either bullshitted to get us to vote his way or put the security of the country at risk to secure another term

In both cases it displays fuck all integrity.