Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wolves 2 Wanderers 2

Gonk

• Site Supporter

Just back thoroughly deserved at least a draw. Felt sorry for Woolery he is not strong enough yet to play centre forward but he keep going. Heskey made a difference when he came on. We were all over them in the last 15 minutes.

Heskey (nearly) always seems  to unsettle teams when he comes on for the last 15-20 mins. 

Supersub

Back a the hotel after a several beers round Wolvo and a return bus wanker trip on the 529.

Special mention to the Chicken Tikka Wrap & home made samosas from a curry wagon near the underpass. Tremendous.

Oh what joy to listen to them all whining and moaning all the way home.

A week ago today I was in Dubai roasting my nuts off without a care in the world. Sat there tonight and the fuckers froze and dropped off. 2-0 down sat with the home fans with a doghead mate and I'm wondering why I ever fucking bother. Home now and the world all seems good now. We were miles fucking better than them but that was a game we could have and probably should have lost because we can't do anything when we dominate games but we gained a point from seemingly nowhere. Ill take it as a point gained. It all went to rat shit and we rose like a fucking Phoenix. Season defining game??

Only just got back fucking m5 closed.

A fair few of the 306 were gone as soon as the second went in.

Strangely the best thing tonight is how shit Wolves were, you really do not have to beat much at times in this division.

We deserved at least a point, I posted at half time that if we scored could change the game. I understand why after the equaliser we held back but we were putting great balls in the box with no one there, you know when the top teams win games from impossible positions it could have us tonight.

MOM probably Feeney , the young lad at the back looks a good footballer but hard to say if he is a good defender yet.

Second half we just cut out silly mistakes. Long way to go but there is a glimmer.

Just got back, that was no less than we deserved wolves were awful and they were getting booed at even 2-0 up for giving the ball away.

Just 2 individual errors cost us again, can't keep giving two goals away every game. Woolery looks lost up there, Heskey contributed more at the end than woolery did all game but to be fair to the lad he didn't have the best service, was just a bit lightweight. But they didn't stop till the end and showed great character to bring it back to 2-2.

Players look genuinely buzzing at the end, phsycologically that could be a very important point. Let's hope it's a catalyst to kick on for Saturday COYWM!

• Site Supporter

Could be turning into a good week this.

Kept the team we had. Great comeback away from home, (BBC stats said 69% possession! To us), maybe a takeover in the offing and Rotherham at home Saturday, with possibly Pratley and Clough to return...

We were the better team, some good passing football, not seen the stats but we must have had most possession and shots on goal. Had the pleasure of sitting in the Wolves end, had to jump up when we scored !  2 mistakes led to the goals, heads did not go down at 2-0, team kept playing, Good noise from the fans in our end.....Onwards and upwards

Having just seen the goals, there's a fair share of luck with their first. Yes there's always something that could have been done better but not too critical on that.

Their second however, Moxey should hang his head in shame

To be fair to Moxey Spearing dives in first, Moxey had been up against a different winger till then and other than the goal looked solid. I know as a defender it only takes 1 mistake.

• Site Supporter

To be fair to Moxey Spearing dives in first, Moxey had been up against a different winger till then and other than the goal looked solid. I know as a defender it only takes 1 mistake.

Fair enough, I just thought he didn't try to get back at the fella. No problem if a defender gets beaten by a bit of skill, just want to see him do his best to get back at him.

• Site Supporter

We were the better team, some good passing football, not seen the stats but we must have had most possession and shots on goal. Had the pleasure of sitting in the Wolves end, had to jump up when we scored !  2 mistakes led to the goals, heads did not go down at 2-0, team kept playing, Good noise from the fans in our end.....Onwards and upwards

Goals: 2-2

Possession: 39%-61%

Shots: 6-15

On Target: 3-5

Corners: 4-5

Fouls: 10-10

Yellow Cards: 0-0

Red Cards: 0-0

I thought on the face of it spearing did the right thing. He didn't give him time and was on top of him just as he turned. Which we are usually terrible at.

However some how he managed to miss the ball when he looked like he had it. Which left us exposed.

Damned if you do damned if you don't.