Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Flashing Bike Lights

• Members

Swimming against the tide here, but I think they do a good job. My route to and from work, especially from, is on an unlit road over the tops. Personally I think anyone who does that same route, at the same time, on a push iron must have a death wish. The flashing lights make them much more noticeable ... Which is shirley their purpose.

If it stops me denting my car by accidentally shunting them off the road then I'm all for them.

It's a sign you spend way too much time on here when your first thought after reading the title of this thread is 'dogging'.

Everytime I see the thread title I think of Flesh Lights and how I pretty much invented them first with my home wanking contraption when Inwas whizzed off my pickle.

• Site Supporter

Swimming against the tide here, but I think they do a good job. My route to and from work, especially from, is on an unlit road over the tops. Personally I think anyone who does that same route, at the same time, on a push iron must have a death wish. The flashing lights make them much more noticeable ... Which is shirley their purpose.

If it stops me denting my car by accidentally shunting them off the road then I'm all for them.

Understand that, but a constant light surely does the same. I recently had another seizure, and although no evidence that flashing lights contribute, would hate to think it might do to someone, somewhere, with someone getting squished.

• Site Supporter

Understand that, but a constant light surely does the same. I recently had another seizure, and although no evidence that flashing lights contribute, would hate to think it might do to someone, somewhere, with someone getting squished.

Constant lights are surely a light source amongst many light sources. There's no denying that, annoying as they are, they do attract the attention.

• Site Supporter

Constant lights are surely a light source amongst many light sources. There's no denying that, annoying as they are, they do attract the attention.

Not sure I follow what you're saying MD. Cars don't have flashing lights. Be helpful if cyclists had to wear reflective clothing and lights and it was enforced a bit. No problem with being seen, just a concern about the potential effect on a driver and subsequent consequences.

Was once knocked off my bike on long lane and it hurts.

Not sure I follow what you're saying MD. Cars don't have flashing lights. Be helpful if cyclists had to wear reflective clothing and lights and it was enforced a bit. No problem with being seen, just a concern about the potential effect on a driver and subsequent consequences.

Was once knocked off my bike on long lane and it hurts.

Cars have indicators that flash and some modern cars have break lights that flash.

The idea being that the flashing helps draw other people's/road users attention.

I do think that they're annoying as fuck on cyclists but that means that they're working.

Maybe it should be compulsory to have a solid light in addition to a flashing one (if being used)