Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

New Manager

Take Hunt Off

What is weird is that Anderson and Holdsworth have both been around football for a long time. You could understand someone buying a club from outside football turning to ex-players for advice. But between Anderson and Deano you'd have thought they'd have enough ideas, contacts and knowledge of the game to recruit the right manager themselves.

The problem with an advisor like Townsend is what responsibility does he have for the future? At least when Gartside made decisions he carried the can if they went wrong.

Andy Townsend hired as a recruitment consultant .

My Father in Law is a West Brom fan. He bumped into Andy Townsend a few years back, just after the Baggies had sacked their manager and brought in a new man at the helm. My Father in Law asked him what his opinions were on the new guy - but says it became obvious after his first sentence that not only did he not know WBA had a new manager, but also that he didn't know that the old one had been sacked.

Don't hold your breath!

Whinge whinge whinge.

Sorry you're right.

My Father in Law is a West Brom fan. He bumped into Andy Townsend a few years back, just after the Baggies had sacked their manager and brought in a new man at the helm. My Father in Law asked him what his opinions were on the new guy - it became obvious after his first sentence that Andy Townsend was fully informed about the comings and goings at West Brim and he was kind enough to give a (what turned out to be unneringly accurate) description of how the new man might get on. My Father in Law remarked what a sterling candidate Townsend would make if employed in some sort of advisory role, should a club ever be on the lookout for a new Manager.

He's going to be an absolute revelation.

Presumably if West Brom had employed him in a similar role he'd have been up to speed on managerial comings and goings.

In his capacity as a pro-Lahndanna telly box shitetalker, he only really needs to concern himself with the top 5 or 6 teams.

I think his point was you'd expect somebody who makes a career out of being an expert on the game, to have an idea what was going on throughout the leagues. At least in the top two and especially seen as he spent a long time playing in that area and because he played for West Brom.

Very happy with Townsend as an advisor it does not guarantee anything but always thought he talked sense and knew his stuff.

I can guarantee it doesn't guarantee anything.

How hard can it be? You find someone who is doing a good job elsewhere and hope he can do the same for us.

Why Townsend would be better at doing that than Holdsworth is totally beyond me.

I can guarantee it doesn't guarantee anything.

How hard can it be? You find someone who is doing a good job elsewhere and hope he can do the same for us.

Why Townsend would be better at doing that than Holdsworth is totally beyond me.

Might be something to do with KA and DH not agreeing with each other.