Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Chairman Speaks

Thorpey

New Manager needs to be allowed to get on and do his job, no strings attached.

I'm not sure about that I think any manager we brings in needs to be fully briefed about the financial situation and what he can and cannot do and fully kept up to speed with the situation as it develops and how it effects his recruitment, any board has to have strings in place with any manager and it's even more important in our current plight. The alternative is to recreate the last few years where it seems no thought was given to recruitment and in particular the future liabilities and contracts.

I'm not sure about that I think any manager we brings in needs to be fully briefed about the financial situation and what he can and cannot do and fully kept up to speed with the situation as it develops and how it effects his recruitment, any board has to have strings in place with any manager and it's even more important in our current plight. The alternative is to recreate the last few years where it seems no thought was given to recruitment and in particular the future liabilities and contracts.

No strings was a play on the puppet theme mate.

'We want to roll our sleeves up and be positive right from the off, play an attractive style of football and really take the game to our opponents'

Sounds like whoever is coming in is going to have to adhere to a footballing philosophy. From what I've heard from Southend fans - it doesn't sound like Phil Brown's style.