Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

New Party Leaders.

7/10 for me as well

I wonder how he'll be remembered, if this Brexit thing collapses in to farce and we end up in the shit, he will carry the can for being the one who took us in to it. If it succeeds and we do well................then of course nobody will remember it was him who gave us the opportunity to have the vote.

He will though be remembered as the bloke who stuck his cock in a pigs gob and allowed bummers to get married - so at least he has some sort of legacy

5/10 - preferred him during his first term when the Lib Dems were acting as a handbreak.

Stuff he got wrong

Bombing Syria

Restrictions on refugees following the bombing of Syria

Tuition fees

Performance during referendum debate

Fucking a pig

Stuff he got right

Welfare reform

Tax breaks for the worst off

Steadying the economic ship after collapse

Job creation

Fucking a pig

• Site Supporter

Generally speaking done pretty well. Don't agree that he carries the can for brexit. He had no option given ukip's rise. He may have felt that he'd done enough to remain, but I also believe he will have been aware many believed it wasn't and that the result would be close. He wasn't going to serve a third term so perhaps he saw it as an opportunity to the issue of the EU sorted once and for all rather than leave it until after his current term which may have been more difficult for his party.

Also believed there was a touch of humanity given his personal loss during his tenure.

• Site Supporter

Kent, the decision to take action against IS, (not 'bomb Syria'), as you know was cross party, so can't see how he got it wrong or right. Only time will tell on that.

As for his referendum performance, I would imagine most people had already decided, either way. Had Europe given a little more they might not have got the slap in the face.

5/10 - preferred him during his first term when the Lib Dems were acting as a handbreak.

Stuff he got wrong

Bombing Syria

Restrictions on refugees following the bombing of Syria

Tuition fees

Performance during referendum debate

Fucking a pig

Stuff he got right

Welfare reform

Tax breaks for the worst off

Steadying the economic ship after collapse

Job creation

Fucking a pig

9 for the highlighted bits, less 1 for the EU negotiations, so its a 8 from me.

Kent, the decision to take action against IS, (not 'bomb Syria'), as you know was cross party, so can't see how he got it wrong or right. Only time will tell on that.

As for his referendum performance, I would imagine most people had already decided, either way. Had Europe given a little more they might not have got the slap in the face.

I agree with the first part - but he was a staunch advocate. As was Angela Eagle. He also failed in his responsibilities to shoulder his fair share of the consequences on his/our actions.

And as far as the second part goes - maybe most people had already decided, but it was the remainder that the Prime Minister needed to convince and he wasn't able to offer any vision other than 'everything will be shit if we leave'. The amount of shit JC has got for the failure of the remain campaign is disproportionate really - IMHO.

• Site Supporter

I agree with the first part - but he was a staunch advocate. As was Angela Eagle. He also failed in his responsibilities to shoulder his fair share of the consequences on his/our actions.

And as far as the second part goes - maybe most people had already decided, but it was the remainder that the Prime Minister needed to convince and he wasn't able to offer any vision other than 'everything will be shit if we leave'. The amount of shit JC has got for the failure of the remain campaign is disproportionate really - IMHO.

Funny that , because many inners were saying that the out campaign could offer no vision of out, other than it would be shit to remain.

Anyhow , more in importantly, Osborne has resigned and Hammond in, and Boris is foreign secretary.

• Site Supporter

Boris

Foreign secretary.

That's like Big Sam getting the England job then appointing Gazza as his press spokesman.

My eyebrows have never been so raised.

Did wonder...

Then again didn't he say something about an amnesty for illegal immigrants- perhaps anchoring for a post.

Mind you it could be punishment; go and deal with the foreigners.

Cameron was lightweight as feck

Couldn't get a majority against the cluster fuck up that was Brown.

Only scraped one against a bumbling weirdo like Milliband because of the SNP.

Goes all guns blazing into the EU and got cock all in concessions from the EU, fucked up the remain campaign and then didn't have the balls to see the job through when he lost.

Quiet funny when he wanted to be though, but otherwise I ain't sorry to see the back of the shiny faced tosspot.

And what a pity his slimy mate has been fecked off too.

Do they select roles for these politicians by picking names out of a hat.

Or do they have actual expertise in that particular area?

I'm just picturing them all in a smokey room sat round someone's top hat guffawing when one of them is given a shit job

Edited by deane koontz

Do they select roles for these politicians by picking names out of a hat.

Or do they have actual expertise in that particular area?

I'm just picturing them all in a smokey room sat round someone's top hat guffawing when one of them is given a shit job

In the old days it was more like 'Yes Minister' where some Ministers would be the puppets of the Snr Civil Servants but today i would suggest it is very different.

Max Hastings one of the Daily Mail columnists and Boris's ex boss many years ago won't be happy.He said he'd be emigrating if Boris became Prime Minister.He reckons Boris is a good entertainer and should stick to chat shows and writing newspaper columns.He had a 2 page spread about Boris's failings a couple of weeks ago, he once advised Boris to keep his willy in when asked for advice from Boris about one of the affairs he was having.More seriously Boris once used his job to get the address of a journalist who one of his mates wanted to beat up.
Theresa May appeared to be a steady, safe hand as Prime Minister but appointing Boris seriously questions her judgement.
Mind you, as long as Labour have Corbyn they'll still be in power after the next election.