Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

New Party Leaders.

• Site Supporter

You'd better tell the rest of the World then, it's been used oft enough & generally by all

Ok. My main point was the hilarious notion that Andrea Leadsom is qualified enough to be the main negotiator in our exit from the EU. Fucking brilliant  :thumbsup:

Ok. My main point was the hilarious notion that Andrea Leadsom is qualified enough to be the main negotiator in our exit from the EU. Fucking brilliant  :thumbsup:

In 2011 she co-founded the Fresh start project with fellow Conservative MPs  to research and build support for realistic and far-reaching proposals for reforming the EU. Did this for 3 years before deciding they would not listen anyway. Knows more than most in Westminster about how the EU works.

• Members

There was talk the other day of the pro European centrists from the Conservative and Labour parties breaking away to form their own parties. To be fair - that group has probably got more in common with one another than the right of the Conservatives or the left of Labour.

Can't see any way that any right thinking Conservative would want to be anywhere but in the Conservative Party right now. The disorganised rabble of an opposition at present and for the foreseeable future means that they are probably looking at a further decade in power.

... And nine rings were gifted to the race of Men, who above all else desire power.

Someone has to be appointed to specifically look after the exit from the EU.

My gut tells me prominent 'Brexiteer" (there you go Cheese - another one for you) Liam Fox will get the gig.

Surely that job has got Graylings name written all over it

Can't see any way that any right thinking Conservative would want to be anywhere but in the Conservative Party right now. The disorganised rabble of an opposition at present and for the foreseeable future means that they are probably looking at a further decade in power.

... And nine rings were gifted to the race of Men, who above all else desire power.

Maybe - I suppose it depends how attached to the idea of trying to cling onto EU membership by any means.

If we see a swing to the right with May and Corbyn wins the leadership of the Labour party (if they even allow him to stand) then it would be much more likely. Still a long shot at the moment though!

I bet she'd get her gob shut about Gordon Brown not having a mandate to be PM now.

However the law regarding elections has been changed since then. The outgoing PM gave up the previous right to call an election at any time of his choosing and introduced a five year fixed term.

While this can be overturned that is unlikely.