Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Great British Manufacturing Companies

Mounts Kipper

Carr's pasties have got to be right up there surely? And are Ingersoll Rand still going?

Ingersoll Rand are still going strong but unfortunately no manufacturing anymore in the UK. I did 37 years with them before moving out to the desert. They had manufacturing plants in Wythenshawe, Trafford Park and Hindley Green (x2) with probably approx 2000 working across those Four factories.

As some of you may well know Ingersoll Rand had good connections with the Wanderers sponsoring many games and you will recall their advert on the roof of the Lever End.

Can people stop keep saying Hoover instead of vacuum cleaner please. Hoover is a brand.

"The name Sellotape was derived from cellophane, at that time a trademarked name, with the "C" changed to "S" so that the new name could be trademarked"

generic trademark inception ^

You know vacuum cleaners? Surely they either pick up the bits off your carpet or they don't? Once you've found one that does pick up all the bits off your carpet - I'm struggling to think how a different brand could be any better?

i have black carpets fuck me they show every little bit of whit bits and shit

got a £25 small hover thing from asda

have hover every 3 days

There's sommat about this photo that just captures my imagination. A proper 'bygone era', but if they still make them then, fair play.

I'd be gutted if far enough up the chain they were actually owned by Bididdlybong Goldberg and Tex MacArthur Hosiery, A Division of SpazzCorps Industries, New York...

IMG_5444.jpg

Edited by Youri McAnespie