Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The Elite Posters Music Thread

Spider

10 hours ago, Rudy said:

He’ll be great. Big fan of him me.

Got my mam and our Maude tickets for Florence and the machine £52, r kid went half with us on me mams so not too bad 

Me too. Followed him since I was 17, seen him all over the place in various states and turned up to cancelled gigs (as did my dad with Shane MacGowan) Tell people you're a fan of Peter Doherty and they laugh but most have never listened to anything he's done. He's turned out loads of stuff but nothing has ever been crap. That's a fact.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 14/04/2022 at 11:51, green genie said:

some of you liked the tune I linked before. Maybe an I was there opportunity 

Heard a few tunes by Pastel on Spotify the other day - really like them. Will endeavour to expand on my listening to them.

• Members
On 04/04/2022 at 11:12, Not in Crawley said:

Bit late to the party with this one, but massively getting into King Gizzard and The Lizard Wizard at the moment.

Heard about them last year but each album is just bonkers and brilliant. 

This new B-side The Dripping Tap is certainly worth 18 minutes of anyone's time: 

Clicked this on the off chance I really like it 

39 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Clicked this on the off chance I really like it 

The new album is great, they've done something ike 8 albums in the last 3 years so it can be quite daunting, but just listen to Nonagon Infinity - one of my top five albums. Just so much going on, so you can listen over and over and never get bored.

Been listening to King Gizzard's Omnimum Gatherum now for a week - fucking brilliant, it's like the best mixtape you've ever made from pop to thrash metal to rap to soul to funk to garage punk - this is what pop music should be. Dazzlingly, brilliantly inventive and fun.

• Site Supporter

Paul Heaton is 60 today. He's picked 60 pubs around the country where he'll buy you a drink if you want to raise a glass to him. Or you can just have the drink if you're not arsed about his birthday.

• Site Supporter
On 04/04/2022 at 11:12, Not in Crawley said:

Bit late to the party with this one, but massively getting into King Gizzard and The Lizard Wizard at the moment.

Heard about them last year but each album is just bonkers and brilliant. 

This new B-side The Dripping Tap is certainly worth 18 minutes of anyone's time: 

Not heard it but if Eddie Izzard isn’t lead vocalist it’s a poor do.

Eddie Izzard in King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizzard.