Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Tv Shows

L/H White

• Site Supporter
33 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Sucession was perfection. Best ending to a show I've seen.

Sublime stuff.

It was exactly how it should have been.

”you are not serious people”

• Site Supporter
11 minutes ago, Traf said:

Britain's Got Talent : an urban myth.
Absolute fucking horseshit.

Re : Succession, not seen any of it. When does it finally end?
Then I can just watch it all.

It ended yesterday, from what I've read.

On 25/05/2023 at 02:20, royal white said:

Once upon a Time In Northern Ireland on BBC Iplayer. Superb TV, highly recommended to anyone who has any in interest in the troubles. Gives honest accounts from all sides. 

Blimey!!

Just finished the series. That is a seriously difficult watch. So sad no matter what your leaning is.

Like a BBC documentary of old that. Proper quality. Just laid it out there 

2 minutes ago, MancWanderer said:

Blimey!!

Just finished the series. That is a seriously difficult watch. So sad no matter what your leaning is.

Cracking watch wasn’t it. Give the Iraq one a go, it’s just as good. 

• Members
7 hours ago, MancWanderer said:

It’s genuinely worth it

The first few episodes are scene setters where you learn about the characters. A bit dull but set the whole thing up

I thought that Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul were a bit shit but folk on here told me to plough through the early episodes and they were right

Succession is right up there with them 

Five episodes in at last (bit turgid in the first few and easy to ditch it) and glad I listened. Kendall has just hit the water in the car with the English sounding waiter bloke so getting good now. Cheers gents.

I see you may finally be getting Last King Of The Cross up there? Another Tim Roth special.

On 29/05/2023 at 22:38, MancWanderer said:

Blimey!!

Watched the first two episodes last night.  Quality stuff.  The BBC at it's best that.

There's another good doc on the RUC that's probably still on iplayer.  As RW said, Once upon a time in Iraq is another must watch too.

On 30/05/2023 at 01:49, bolty58 said:

Five episodes in at last (bit turgid in the first few and easy to ditch it) and glad I listened. Kendall has just hit the water in the car with the English sounding waiter bloke so getting good now. Cheers gents.

Yep. Mrs kept saying it was shite and has reached Shiv’s wedding and suddenly its a binge watch

• Site Supporter
14 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

If you like Ted Lasso - give the last series a miss. Too twee for words, and I like Belle and Sebastian.

Ted Lasso is just Ned Flanders dipped in sugar and parachuted into an episode of Hollyoaks

On 29/05/2023 at 22:51, MancWanderer said:

Utterly superb. Spent so much time in NI. Amazing place. Spent no time in Iraq but I’ll take your recommendation 

Just started watching the NI one, BBC at its best as previously said. Found Belfast to be such a fascinating and stark place, all the streets and the houses and shops and the stuff being sold in the shops just looked like home, and then you'd turn a corner and run into a mural about armed struggle.

The Iraq one was great too. Rudy Reyes is a character...

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Marc505 said:

Just started watching the NI one, BBC at its best as previously said. Found Belfast to be such a fascinating and stark place, all the streets and the houses and shops and the stuff being sold in the shops just looked like home, and then you'd turn a corner and run into a mural about armed struggle.

Belfast all seemed normal to me till I walked past a police station 

Then later saw a police van 

Little things like that make you realise you're in a foreign country

On 04/06/2023 at 11:45, Marc505 said:

4 episodes in, it's just astounding television.

The son of one of those killed in the bookies fucking hell, heroic.