Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

• Site Supporter
9 minutes ago, L/H White said:

has to be a CB, no santos 4-6 weeks

Only if you trust those loons on Twitter. No substance or source to it whatsoever, just some randomer that everyone has jumped on.

I know you shouldn't trust highlights reels, but fuck me how exciting is that video of his goals and assists from last season. Scores screamers from outside the box with both feet, wins headers, scores one on ones, can dribble, cross, comes deep to link up play ...

In all honesty, how many of those goals would we expect Dion to score? 

Here's hoping he hits the ground running and brings the best out of Dion / Vic.

Looks a great signing this. *

* apologies for the traditional wakey kiss of death 

2 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Dion has 17 from 34 games this season.

The efl trophy ones (and maybe some fa cup) from sub bench.

But now he's apparently a bit duff, and the new lad can do everything better!

A snip at 750k.

Take it that's aimed at my post? Bit of a leap if so.

By the looks of it, new guy can do things our current strikers can't. What an asset to add to the mix if true. Not a dig at anyone - hopefully (as stated) he brings the best (or even more if you prefer) out of our other forwards.

Happy days.

4 minutes ago, wakey said:

Take it that's aimed at my post? Bit of a leap if so.

By the looks of it, new guy can do things our current strikers can't. What an asset to add to the mix if true. Not a dig at anyone - hopefully (as stated) he brings the best (or even more if you prefer) out of our other forwards.

Happy days.

You're right. Theres no goals in our front line once Charles goes off.

Charles plays 2/3 of every game and until today we have absolutely nothing for the last 3rd. 

If Charles is out of form a bit, which he is (but will be back), the job is fucked as far as the front line is concerned.

This lad will add to Dion and hopefully snap him out of his brief lull either by pressure for places or linking up with him.

Edited by gonzo

28 minutes ago, desperado said:

Only if you trust those loons on Twitter. No substance or source to it whatsoever, just some randomer that everyone has jumped on.

Usually we get updated on a players injury, other hand maybe nothing to report and he’s good to go

Class from Collins to their fans,

Aaron Collins' message to our fans:

"Gasheads, what a two-and-a-half years it has been. From scoring that screamer against Oxford in the FA Cup, to that 4-3 win away at Rochdale, and then making history with the 7-0 win on that final day - being a part of getting this club back to League One will live with me forever and I’ll never forget the feeling of being on top of that lamppost on Gloucester Road, celebrating with all of you Gasheads.

Being named as League One Player of the Season 2022/23 was a special achievement, and I'm so grateful it was part of this incredible club. I couldn't have done it without the support of the Gasheads, and the noise you make, week in and week out.

I will forever cherish the memories of playing in the blue and white quarters and hope one day I can be a part of the Gas family once again. Who knows what the future holds.

I'd like to thank both the players and the staff who have been a part of my journey at Rovers. I've made friends for life, and have loved my time here.

UTG

Goodnight Irene. For now..."

Such an exciting signing and window in general, just need a CB in as cover now hopefully.

I can't wait to see how Collins does for us. Some people pointing out despite his amazing season last year he's only scored 3 in 27, he's still the 3rd highest for assists, 11 goal contributions this season.

That's nearly 40 goal contributions last season and this season.

He can score goals, but looks like he's going to add a different dimension to our attack.

Let's fucking win this league now!

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, radcliffe white said:

Usually we get updated on a players injury, other hand maybe nothing to report and he’s good to go

My guess (and that’s all anybody is doing at the moment) is that they are purposefully keeping it quiet.

But that could be because of either extreme.

He’s a significant injury and they are focusing on a replacement so that they can communicate when they’ve landed a target.

Or it’s a minor one and he’s ready Saturday or week after, but they are looking at depth in case needed.

Either way I reckon they are looking at another CB and either way there’s nothing gained from communicating anything until window closes. 

All will be revealed tomorrow I suspect. 

14 minutes ago, Lostock Whites said:

Such an exciting signing and window in general, just need a CB in as cover now hopefully.

I can't wait to see how Collins does for us. Some people pointing out despite his amazing season last year he's only scored 3 in 27, he's still the 3rd highest for assists, 11 goal contributions this season.

That's nearly 40 goal contributions last season and this season.

He can score goals, but looks like he's going to add a different dimension to our attack.

Let's fucking win this league now!

Frankly, I don't care about assists. 

16 minutes ago, DomRepWanderer said:

Class from Collins to their fans,

Aaron Collins' message to our fans:

"Gasheads, what a two-and-a-half years it has been. From scoring that screamer against Oxford in the FA Cup, to that 4-3 win away at Rochdale, and then making history with the 7-0 win on that final day - being a part of getting this club back to League One will live with me forever and I’ll never forget the feeling of being on top of that lamppost on Gloucester Road, celebrating with all of you Gasheads.

Being named as League One Player of the Season 2022/23 was a special achievement, and I'm so grateful it was part of this incredible club. I couldn't have done it without the support of the Gasheads, and the noise you make, week in and week out.

I will forever cherish the memories of playing in the blue and white quarters and hope one day I can be a part of the Gas family once again. Who knows what the future holds.

I'd like to thank both the players and the staff who have been a part of my journey at Rovers. I've made friends for life, and have loved my time here.

UTG

Goodnight Irene. For now..."

Who remembers his Dad, Lewis? He used to be a professional too.