Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

1 hour ago, Farrelli said:

surely not

I hope this whole thing is a fishing trip. He may well be a player the offers something different from our other midfielders but his personality doesn't seem to fit and there seems to be an obvious dislike between our Manager and him. Would be a very unpleasant surprise.

35 minutes ago, perth_white said:

I hope this whole thing is a fishing trip. He may well be a player the offers something different from our other midfielders but his personality doesn't seem to fit and there seems to be an obvious dislike between our Manager and him. Would be a very unpleasant surprise.

Nah everything LH says is gospel. Dixon had a great game at Barnsley last Friday after Trafford's injury .

I haven't read this anywhere at all, just going off our previous tendencies, but Liverpool have a young Northern Irish keeper that needs first team experience...

Liam Hughes, 21, 6'4", absolutely stinks of an Evatt GK move that does. 

Wouldn't be my preference but it has been a hole currently in our recruitment finding a permanent option in net, and looking at potential available options for permanent solutions, I think another loan is likely.

2 minutes ago, meanderson93 said:

I haven't read this anywhere at all, just going off our previous tendencies, but Liverpool have a young Northern Irish keeper that needs first team experience...

Wouldn't be my preference but it has been a hole currently in our recruitment finding a permanent option in net, and looking at potential available options for permanent solutions, I think another loan is likely.

Isn’t Hutchinson around the same age though, so why not develop one of our own rather than for somebody else?

• Site Supporter
55 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

Isn’t Hutchinson around the same age though, so why not develop one of our own rather than for somebody else?

It’d work if ours and Liverpool’s were exactly the same quality. They’ll be training together; if one is a much higher standard than the other, they get the gloves.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, meanderson93 said:

We need to stop fucking around and sign a player of our own.

It's the nature of where we are as a club that young player who's any good is going to fuck off soon enough. So I don't see loaning players as an issue - Trafford played more games for us than Holding, Clough, Connell etc.

1 hour ago, Horwich said:

We need to stop fucking around and sign a player of our own.

4 hours ago, Whitesince63 said:

Loan players are a great way to rise up the tables without overcommitting financially or taking on too much risk.

i know we didn’t get promoted but look how much Bradley and Trafford improved us. no way we can afford quality like that on a permanent

Just cause Hutchinson is young doesn’t mean he has anywhere near the potential or ability of Trafford, or Liverpools youth goalkeeper.

Would be nice to have all permanent players but it limits your quality. Plus it can go badly if you do a Wigan when you’re stuck with League 1 level players in the Championship on big contracts. Then you’re asking for trouble.