Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Work Perks

gonzo

I used to work for Shop Direct which meant I could buy anything in the Catalogues for cost price, this worked out about 50% discount on clothing and about 75% on jewellery. It got to the point that I had to stop ordering as I had about 150 pairs of adidas Gazelles in my loft as I could buy them for about £25

Edited by Widnes Two Hats

• Site Supporter

Used to work for the company that owned Mentho Lyptus

When I was down in the office I could buy a "damaged" box for 50p - like 20 packets or so

Absolutely fucking addicted to the Extra Strong ones ever since. Always got some with me

Hall's? I went to their 100th Anniversary celebration. Flying Scotsman hauled train from Manchester Victoria to Chester. Meal out in a big hotel then back on same train.

• Members

Because I'm a hard barstard :) last time some greasy c*nt carved me up with a glass (me, washing it with a crack in) I took my own stitching out using a pair of nailclippers, electrical pliers and witchhazel. Beat that, Bolty.

Stubbed me big toe Thursday an almost ripped the nail completely off. Hurt like fuck and blood all through the house. Clumsy bastard.

Will that do?

When I started with Bolton Council, early 90's, I used to deal with all the Sub-Contractors.  One Christmas I had about 20 bottles of wine/spirits, 4 bottles of perfume, vouchers and all sorts.  They stopped it after a few years and now you are not allowed to accept gifts.  Last year I had to meet one of the Contractors in the car park so he could pass me a bottle of wine.  This year, nothing.

When I started with Bolton Council, early 90's, I used to deal with all the Sub-Contractors.  One Christmas I had about 20 bottles of wine/spirits, 4 bottles of perfume, vouchers and all sorts.  They stopped it after a few years and now you are not allowed to accept gifts.  Last year I had to meet one of the Contractors in the car park so he could pass me a bottle of wine.  This year, nothing.

Considering the amount of companies I deal with you did far better than me :(

• Site Supporter

16 First Class airline tickets a year to go anywhere my airline flies to. Any other time I fly for a nominal rate.

Big discount at most hotel chains and car hire. Lots of others too numerous to mention.

How do you get home? :jump:

16 First Class airline tickets a year to go anywhere my airline flies to. Any other time I fly for a nominal rate.

Big discount at most hotel chains and car hire. Lots of others too numerous to mention.

You win this thread. Most I get are free brews and a bacon barm at Xmas.

Used to work for the company that owned Mentho Lyptus

When I was down in the office I could buy a "damaged" box for 50p - like 20 packets or so

Absolutely fucking addicted to the Extra Strong ones ever since. Always got some with me

That must have been Halls on Dumers We never needed to buy mentho lyptus just took the dog a walk and the smell from the factory would clear your head.