Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Allardyce

maje

Went to the dinner on Friday.

Was glad we had a work table and all paid for, as I think the amount the night out would have cost if not, would have been a bit of a piss take.

Thought Kevin Davies spoke well, Jimmy Phillips was monotone and uninteresting and as for that boxer...........

Big Sam was decent, even though I think he is arrogant and loves himself. (Down to the fact when I wrote him a letter after I went to Spurs for a 6 0 drubbing in the league cup, he basically said tough shit)

A lot of what he said, brought back some great memories of games I had been to during his reign.

The auction went on far too long and the band was garbage at the end.

Went to the dinner on Friday.

Was glad we had a work table and all paid for, as I think the amount the night out would have cost if not, would have been a bit of a piss take.

Thought Kevin Davies spoke well, Jimmy Phillips was monotone and uninteresting and as for that boxer...........

Big Sam was decent, even though I think he is arrogant and loves himself. (Down to the fact when I wrote him a letter after I went to Spurs for a 6 0 drubbing in the league cup, he basically said tough shit)

A lot of what he said, brought back some great memories of games I had been to during his reign.

The auction went on far too long and the band was garbage at the end.

We all agreed pretty much with what you said - apart from we had to pay for it ourselves. Ouch. It was like a glorified auction, that just so happened to have SKD and BSA interrupting to chat for a bit. The compere was a pain in the arse. No reason for AK to have appeared - especially when Frank Bruno was in town at a separate event. Poor event. The girls selling raffle tickets were bimbo's of the highest order. All tits and teeth. Easy on the eye. But in this day and age where everyone is going "gender neutral" and stamping out sexism.... they were clearly using sex to sell tickets, etc. Felt a bit tacky to be honest.

Food was actually ok. But bar service was poor. Took them 40 minutes to bring our round to our table. One of the lads complained to the management.... got us a free round as an apology. Which was fair enough.

Jimmy Philips could work as a baby whisperer. He'd put any kid to sleep with those stories.

Edited by Smiley

Jimmy Philips could work as a baby whisperer. He'd put any kid to sleep with those stories.

I've met him a few times, he's a lovely bloke, and Bolton through and through.......but he's pretty dull. Doesn't seem to have any interesting stories from his 15+ years as a pro footballer (well, he might have some interesting stories, but his story telling is so bad that you switch off after about 10 seconds)

• Site Supporter

I've met him a few times, he's a lovely bloke, and Bolton through and through.......but he's pretty dull. Doesn't seem to have any interesting stories from his 15+ years as a pro footballer (well, he might have some interesting stories, but his story telling is so bad that you switch off after about 10 seconds)

Perhaps he dare not reveal them whilst he's still at the club.

Perhaps he dare not reveal them whilst he's still at the club.

Aye maybe, but he did spend a while away at Rangers, Oxford and Middlesbrough, and doesn't seem to tell much of any interest/excitement from there either. He might have just been a decent honest pro, who didn't get up to a load of ridiculous shit

Aye maybe, but he did spend a while away at Rangers, Oxford and Middlesbrough, and doesn't seem to tell much of any interest/excitement from there either. He might have just been a decent honest pro, who didn't get up to a load of ridiculous shit

I'd go for that - his Mam used to teach me in the infants so he comes from good stock.

• Moderators

The girls selling raffle tickets were bimbo's of the highest order. All tits and teeth. Easy on the eye. But in this day and age where everyone is going "gender neutral" and stamping out sexism.... they were clearly using sex to sell tickets, etc. Felt a bit tacky to be honest.

deary me

im sure I read somewhere he was Ally McCoist  best man 

• Moderators

He should've made one up like the lee Sharpe one about Cantona doing the rounds on twitter and FB

Or tell the one about the time he got subbed at half time in his own testimonial

• 3 weeks later...
  • Site Supporter

Pablo's mates don't seem very happy

Yet another club who'd rather get relegated playing "nice" football than one that gets results.

Personally, I hope they don't win another game all season and Walrus Chops strolls off into the distance with £5million for it.

• Moderators

He did a sportsmans dinner for me when he was Bolton manager and it was a great night

Sat on top table with him all night. Next day I bumped into him at the game, also seen him when he was back at the reebok with sky.

Both times i’ve thought arrogant prick

Talked sense on sky on MNF