Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Terror Attacks

Spider

• Members

Of course that is just what it is.

Madhatter was saying how just starting a debate gets you labelled.

I am saying that if someone starts a debate suggesting slavery has worked out well in the long run they should expect to get labelled.

I am pretty sure it was him, if not I apologise for saying it was him. The point is they got labelled and deserved to be so.

If someone starts a debate of with 'The trade unions of this country have IMO done significantly more good things for the working class and should be given a stronger voice in the running of the country' they too will and should be labelled.

:D  I won't say it pal.

Maintain the rage.

. . . and having the discussion is perfectly fine.  Up until recently I was very much pro immigration, asylum etc but given the obvious problems it has and will continue to cause has made me consider and reflect on my ideals.

What grates me a tad on here (as mentioned above) is the refusal to discuss or consider opposing views.  

I know it's WWys and not Downing St Ways but fcuk me, if we think we can leave these things up to the politicians and they'll do us proud then we're completely off the delusional charts.

When you're considered (perhaps even labelled?) a nazi or racist for discussing such things I'm not sure whether to be amused, offended or deeply concerned if that's reflective of majority views . . .

Works both ways that does mate.

Just saying.

Done them once or twice.

Yield some info, but a good interviewer will get more from a candidate.

Another, non-job administrator's justification tool.

How about aptitude tests or tests that check how you work ?

Maybe attention to detail ? See if people can put info in right place ?

• Site Supporter

How about aptitude tests or tests that check how you work ?

Maybe attention to detail ? See if people can put info in right place ?

You've lost me.

No doubt some of these tests are very useful; especially in certain roles; I once went for a scene of crime officer job and had to do all kinds of analytical stuff. Made sense.

For other roles they're probably completely unnecessary. An application form, qualifications, experience and a good interview, should be fine.

• Site Supporter

And yes, I have noticed I've clicked the wrong thread, just assumed someone would move it!

This can happen, when using a small tablet, wearing reading glasses that are now of insufficient power, and have been mauled by an eleven week old border collie leaving them scratched to fuck. :)

Edited by Tonge moor green jacket

You've lost me.

No doubt some of these tests are very useful; especially in certain roles; I once went for a scene of crime officer job and had to do all kinds of analytical stuff. Made sense.

For other roles they're probably completely unnecessary. An application form, qualifications, experience and a good interview, should be fine.

It was the attention to detail bit and the fact you had put in wrong thread.

When it does we will be told not to be angry and seek revenge as "that is what the terrorists want".

Well it isn't, they want the world to live under a hard line militant Islamic sect.

If you can explain how you are going to target and get revenge on the people who did this I am sure everyone would be supportive.

If you can also target the fuckers financing, encouraging and brainwashing folk again go for it.

No one has come up with a way of doing that which does not end up with hundreds of innocent people all getting fucked.

Great post mad hatter.

I went to a march in Bristol on Sunday and we were labelled far right, Nazis etc by the media.

We had Muslim speakers, Jews, Indians, Sikhs all with us, yet the Antifa clowns still spat their venom at us.

Bristol Post had to close their comments section due to 99% of their readers agreeing with our peaceful march.

5 were arrested, not one from our group were.......shows the troublemakers doesn't it ?

Anyway, listen to this guy and his views on it....

Top bloke is Phil.

Speaks a lot of sense.  Where abouts was the march?

Think it was you who suggested black folk should be grateful for slavery because of the opportunities their descendants now have.

If not I apologise.

Pretty sure I wouldn't have said that as it's clearly mental . . . I have said that British folk today, born in and around the same time as me and regardless of race etc, all 'benefit', if that's the right word, equally.

I said it iirc in relation to the attempts by some to re-right wrongs in the present i.e removal of statues, names of places etc and notions of reparations in the US.

Works both ways that does mate.

Just saying.

Aye

but questioning a pov or offering a different perspective is a lot different than hurling insults or sticking your fingers in your ears and going 'na na na na' ;) 

I also think folk see what they want to see at times.  Ani's post above as an e.g.

Apology accepted, Ani  :thumbsup:

tbf it's easy to misinterpret comments online and sometimes hard to get your point across in a line or two . . .

Of course that is just what it is.

Madhatter was saying how just starting a debate gets you labelled.

I am saying that if someone starts a debate suggesting slavery has worked out well in the long run they should expect to get labelled.

I am pretty sure it was him, if not I apologise for saying it was him. The point is they got labelled and deserved to be so.

If someone starts a debate of with 'The trade unions of this country have IMO done significantly more good things for the working class and should be given a stronger voice in the running of the country' they too will and should be labelled.

Well, on that . . .

I've been teaching about the Romans of late and their invasion of Britain.  Did the slavery hurt or harm us here today? ;)

I jest but slavery (in a myriad of forms) has gone on since humans have been able to bang two rocks together 

What i find a bit distasteful in America (or folks' views of that country re race) is the lack of acknowledgement that pretty soon after it's birth as a nation, one finally free from Imperial tyranny, one of the first things it did was abolish slavery.

I'd say that speaks volumes for the place and it's sad that that rather positive and unprecedented act gets easily forgotten.  It still goes on in many Arab nations and the Barbary wars also add a moral superiority to the yanks history where slavery is concerned.

The slavery itself should never be forgotten either and I'd be the first to call for more statues being built alongside those mentioned recently that reflect that part of US/British history.

Excellent post mate.

We have a Gay Marriage plebiscite going on down here and the bile directed at anyone with reservations about it by what has been labelled down here 'the left wing neo-nazi movement' has been horrendous.

Thankfully, even gay folk have been in the media condemning these horrible bastards for what they are, anti democratic bullies who wish to close down all discussion and eradicate anyone who does not share their views. Sound a bit like IS eh?

The 'racist' and 'homophobe' jibes are their fondest hope of being a mechanism to shut down debate. We must never let it succeed.

I couldn't care less but do find it odd that folk would want to marry into a faith that wont recognise their love?!

Speaks a lot of sense.  Where abouts was the march?

Pretty sure I wouldn't have said that as it's clearly mental . . . I have said that British folk today, born in and around the same time as me and regardless of race etc, all 'benefit', if that's the right word, equally.

I said it iirc in relation to the attempts by some to re-right wrongs in the present i.e removal of statues, names of places etc and notions of reparations in the US.

It was Bristol mate.

Phil and Andy are both sound lads.

Phil the half caste lad is originally from Miles Platting but now in Stockport.

He tore the raging Antifa lesbo a new one in Manchester after the rally there a few months ago.

It's knocking about on YouTube.

Going back to Ani's point, I said it months ago and was knocked by certain folk on here but it's certainly a point all the intelligence services and Muslims I know well do agree with.

Target the Salafist and Wahhabi preachers.

Target the places where they allow them to speak.

They are vile, hateful and need closing down or deporting if they're not British nationals.

It is a hate crime what they preach.