Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Terror Attacks

Spider

Good Lord, we have had a couple of high profile Mail readers quit the site and now the voice of the educated liberal metropolitan left is threatening to walk. FWIW NIC should still keep fighting the good fight and post on here, it's the different voices and opinions that make this site what it is.

• Members

Good Lord, we have had a couple of high profile Mail readers quit the site and now the voice of the educated liberal metropolitan left is threatening to walk. FWIW NIC should still keep fighting the good fight and post on here, it's the different voices and opinions that make this site what it is.

Not been tempted to read his post but agree wholeheartedly on this. Just because I find his intellectual superiority complex an annoyance it does not necessarily mean that others do. I'll ignore him and would be happy for him to repay the compliment but others might enjoy his contributions.

As I said a couple of weeks ago, if we all agreed on everything this place would be a sterile wasteland.

• Site Supporter

Not been tempted to read his post but agree wholeheartedly on this. Just because I find his intellectual superiority complex an annoyance it does not necessarily mean that others do. I'll ignore him and would be happy for him to repay the compliment but others might enjoy his contributions.

As I said a couple of weeks ago, if we all agreed on everything this place would be a sterile wasteland.

Bolty & Crawley up a tree

K-I-S-S-I-N-G

It wasn't but you crack on - it was a point to show that dear ole Winny being used to simply prop up one point of view, is inherently misguided. I also didn't say he was a centrist, goodness me you don't like half drawing conclusions where there are none to be made. It was to outline that throughout one man's career he had a spectrum of views, and some which dear old Bolts would probably take issue with even in 2017. The demagoguery of Churchill by the far right, does irk me somewhat, as its factually and historically inaccurate. It paints history as one simple linear narrative, which it isn't. 

As for Bolts having me on ignore, I presume one can explain to him the irony of this to the mislead 'champion' of free speech, if I bore him, fine. I know that facts aren't as interesting as firebrands spouting rhetoric you agree with. Maybe its because I made jokes abut his trifle, towel or flip flops that seem to have stuck. I don't know. If it was, apologies Bolts - I was only pulling your (none flip flop wearing) leg. And he's probably right, I probably have more differences than things in common with a man like Bolty, so I'm not sure I'd want to be joshing down the pub with him having top bantz.

I'll be honest though, I don't come on the site as much because trying to make any point that isn't Left or Right and black and white seems to be increasingly difficult - maybe that's a reflection of society as a whole, and some of the rants about gay marriage, terrorism and the ilk steer away from a reasonable discussion too quickly and make for some really fucking ugly reading, rather than the humor that used to make this site great. Or maybe I've just got old and this has all got a bit pointless. Whatever, as I say, if you enjoy it, you crack on.

When the site started, I'd say the UK in particular was a much safer place to be than it is today.

That could apply to Europe as well.

Most trouble in those days was the ME.

I'm not certain, but I think the spud pickers had stopped bombing us then, so we were relatively trouble free.

When it's on our own doorstep, we obviously tend to discuss/argue/rant and rave about it hell of a lot more don't we ?

The same we do with the increased number of migrants whether they're economic or illegals.

But with increased undesirables, today's UK is a much darker place, please excuse the pun and in terms of political correctness, it's an absolute disgrace.

Basically, the more we import, then the more we all will argue. Left will support it, right won't support it.

When the site started, I'd say the UK in particular was a much safer place to be than it is today.

That could apply to Europe as well.

Most trouble in those days was the ME.

I'm not certain, but I think the spud pickers had stopped bombing us then, so we were relatively trouble free.

When it's on our own doorstep, we obviously tend to discuss/argue/rant and rave about it hell of a lot more don't we ?

The same we do with the increased number of migrants whether they're economic or illegals.

But with increased undesirables, today's UK is a much darker place, please excuse the pun and in terms of political correctness, it's an absolute disgrace.

Basically, the more we import, then the more we all will argue. Left will support it, right won't support it.

. . . and having the discussion is perfectly fine.  Up until recently I was very much pro immigration, asylum etc but given the obvious problems it has and will continue to cause has made me consider and reflect on my ideals.

What grates me a tad on here (as mentioned above) is the refusal to discuss or consider opposing views.  

I know it's WWys and not Downing St Ways but fcuk me, if we think we can leave these things up to the politicians and they'll do us proud then we're completely off the delusional charts.

When you're considered (perhaps even labelled?) a nazi or racist for discussing such things I'm not sure whether to be amused, offended or deeply concerned if that's reflective of majority views . . .

. . . and having the discussion is perfectly fine.  Up until recently I was very much pro immigration, asylum etc but given the obvious problems it has and will continue to cause has made me consider and reflect on my ideals.

What grates me a tad on here (as mentioned above) is the refusal to discuss or consider opposing views.  

I know it's WWys and not Downing St Ways but fcuk me, if we think we can leave these things up to the politicians and they'll do us proud then we're completely off the delusional charts.

When you're considered (perhaps even labelled?) a nazi or racist for discussing such things I'm not sure whether to be amused, offended or deeply concerned if that's reflective of majority views . . .

Great post mad hatter.

I went to a march in Bristol on Sunday and we were labelled far right, Nazis etc by the media.

We had Muslim speakers, Jews, Indians, Sikhs all with us, yet the Antifa clowns still spat their venom at us.

Bristol Post had to close their comments section due to 99% of their readers agreeing with our peaceful march.

5 were arrested, not one from our group were.......shows the troublemakers doesn't it ?

Anyway, listen to this guy and his views on it....

Top bloke is Phil.

• Members

Excellent post mate.

We have a Gay Marriage plebiscite going on down here and the bile directed at anyone with reservations about it by what has been labelled down here 'the left wing neo-nazi movement' has been horrendous.

Thankfully, even gay folk have been in the media condemning these horrible bastards for what they are, anti democratic bullies who wish to close down all discussion and eradicate anyone who does not share their views. Sound a bit like IS eh?

The 'racist' and 'homophobe' jibes are their fondest hope of being a mechanism to shut down debate. We must never let it succeed.

Excellent post mate.

We have a Gay Marriage plebiscite going on down here and the bile directed at anyone with reservations about it by what has been labelled down here 'the left wing neo-nazi movement' has been horrendous.

Thankfully, even gay folk have been in the media condemning these horrible bastards for what they are, anti democratic bullies who wish to close down all discussion and eradicate anyone who does not share their views. Sound a bit like IS eh?

The 'racist' and 'homophobe' jibes are their fondest hope of being a mechanism to shut down debate. We must never let it succeed.

Indeed

It's all they've got, which is more than a little sad.

Anyway

Sex with same gender or animals; which is most wrong?

. . . and having the discussion is perfectly fine. Up until recently I was very much pro immigration, asylum etc but given the obvious problems it has and will continue to cause has made me consider and reflect on my ideals.

Think it was you who suggested black folk should be grateful for slavery because of the opportunities their descendants now have.

If not I apologise.

Character assassination with a caveat!

Smooth.

Of course that is just what it is.

Madhatter was saying how just starting a debate gets you labelled.

I am saying that if someone starts a debate suggesting slavery has worked out well in the long run they should expect to get labelled.

I am pretty sure it was him, if not I apologise for saying it was him. The point is they got labelled and deserved to be so.

If someone starts a debate of with 'The trade unions of this country have IMO done significantly more good things for the working class and should be given a stronger voice in the running of the country' they too will and should be labelled.

Edited by Ani