Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Why couldn’t they just wait until Sunday? Out of interest?

I think they’ve lost patience and can deliver to the continent (and more importantly get their invoices in) without wondering if their driver will have to pack a tent.

It is what it is.

Winners and losers.

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Why couldn’t they just wait until Sunday? Out of interest?

Or read the eu statement today, and the UK suggestions mentioned yesterday. 

Both parties looking at changes to allow movement of goods from next year and the possibility of a 'freeze' or ''adjustment period" after deal or no deal agreed.

Don't understand why any company would refuse to deliver- are they unsure of payment, or is there a specific reason for not doing?

Considering loads of companies are ordering extra in preparation this seems against the trend.

• Site Supporter
Just now, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Both parties looking at changes to allow movement of goods from next year and the possibility of a 'freeze' or ''adjustment period" after deal or no deal agreed.

Don't understand why any company would refuse to deliver- are they unsure of payment, or is there a specific reason for not doing?

Considering loads of companies are ordering extra in preparation this seems against the trend.

I know you mean well

But I honestly can’t be arsed explaining the situation.

Its not worth it for them, even with the offer of paying a bit extra.

I may be the only one experiencing this on here, but a pump manufacturer I deal with is having a similar issue with the Italians.

They can sell their goods. It’s not their fault getting them to the UK is suddenly hugely uncertain.

I can tell you that our glorious leader is viewed as an utter gobshite by the europeans.

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Aye, why don't they just trust the word of a foreign government that's spewed constant lies for 4 years? It just doesn't make sense. 

15 minutes ago, Spider said:

I think they’ve lost patience and can deliver to the continent (and more importantly get their invoices in) without wondering if their driver will have to pack a tent.

It is what it is.

Winners and losers.

A load of our European customers this week have pulled all their January requests forward to this month,as they're not willing to risk anything fucking up in January. It means we get a bumper month this month though, which is a good thing for us.

Sorry to here things aren't that great from your side Spider

Or the EU that has said similar?

Weird.

The EU have been spewing out lies for a very long time, using our money to fund.

One day, our mentalists will wake up. Or maybe they won’t 

• Site Supporter
17 minutes ago, Spider said:

I know you mean well

But I honestly can’t be arsed explaining the situation.

Its not worth it for them, even with the offer of paying a bit extra.

I may be the only one experiencing this on here, but a pump manufacturer I deal with is having a similar issue with the Italians.

They can sell their goods. It’s not their fault getting them to the UK is suddenly hugely uncertain.

I can tell you that our glorious leader is viewed as an utter gobshite by the europeans.

I can understand them being unsure about the time it may take for delivery, but the sooner they send them the better surely.

You get them when they come and they get paid.

Can't see the logic of holding stuff back, irrespective of the obvious time concerns.

I'm assuming we're talking metal products and nothing with a short shelf life.

Just seems the complete opposite of the approach of so many others.

26 minutes ago, Spider said:

Czech supplier has pulled our delivery.

They can’t wait for a deal to be struck on New Year’s Eve.

Merry Christmas everybody.

Your Czech supplier isn’t based in Lutin by any chance? That’s where our factory (the one where Sainsbury’s now stands) was relocated to. 250 jobs lost in Bolton, 125 created in Moravia.

I got my redundancy cheque on the 24th December 1999. 

Despite all that, I still voted remain. Unfortunately more people didn’t.

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Sweep said:

And people on here say we shouldn't trust the EU......

Why wouldn't the EU release their proposals to help their nations' businesses?

Its in their interests remember; and Spider's supplier is one of them.

As its in our interests for our lot to offer up solutions. 

Which in the end becomes mutual assistance. 

Not really a matter of trust as such, just the bleeding obvious assistance. 

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Boby Brno said:

Your Czech supplier isn’t based in Lutin by any chance? That’s where our factory (the one where Sainsbury’s now stands) was relocated to. 250 jobs lost in Bolton, 125 created in Moravia.

I got my redundancy cheque on the 24th December 1999. 

Despite all that, I still voted remain. Unfortunately more people didn’t.

It’s a double barrelled name , need to check the czech on that.

We cannot have the gear shipped before Xmas because of their order fulfilment obligations elsewhere.

Europeans aren’t going to just let customers across the continent down just because the Brits have pulled the trigger.

The arrogance is alarming.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Spider said:

It’s a double barrelled name , need to check the czech on that.

We cannot have the gear shipped before Xmas because of their order fulfilment obligations elsewhere.

Europeans aren’t going to just let customers across the continent down just because the Brits have pulled the trigger.

Right, so being honest, its not purely about delivery concerns to the UK.

Its about speed of getting stuff out of their own door. Which is all fair enough. Unless they've redirected your products elsewhere, which is a risky manoeuvre. 

• Site Supporter

Right, so being honest, its not purely about delivery concerns to the UK.

Its about speed of getting stuff out of their own door. Which is all fair enough. Unless they've redirected your products elsewhere, which is a risky manoeuvre. 

Thing is, order levels have been high due to Covid and general demand due to a push into renewable energies.

We’ve been getting our share but they have to look after customers beyond us.

We have suddenly become trickier to deal with (potentially).

They've taken a decision that suits their business best and I don’t blame them at all. I’d do the same.

Again, a deal or something like an extension would be sensible.

Since both sides couldn’t sort this sooner, both sides need to evaluate where we are and take everything into consideration, including a pandemic that has obliterated normal trading conditions.

A gung ho approach is asking for trouble.

• Site Supporter
11 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Or the EU that has said similar?

Weird.

The EU is beholden to 27 countries, the Czech Republic being one of them. Nor did they agree a Treaty, only to then retrospectively try to insert clauses that could result in them breaking International Law. It's all well and good behaving like a bunch of cunts to please your swivel-eyed followers, but the reputation of the nation suffers in the long run.

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, Spider said:

A gung ho approach is asking for trouble.

To be fair to the dollop of shite, I wouldn't even accuse bozo of that

But theres some folk on here who are treating it as a game

I find it all a bit shit

But hey, I'm alright jacques

2 minutes ago, Spider said:

@Mounts Kipper

Europeans aren’t going to just let customers across the continent down just because the Brits have pulled the trigger.

Don't they realise who they're not dealing with????

6 minutes ago, Spider said:

@Mounts Kipper

Europeans aren’t going to just let customers across the continent down just because the Brits have pulled the trigger.

Could you not of ordered earlier? 

Edited by Mounts Kipper