Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

16 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

He didn’t start from the beginning, he inherited what was already there as you’ve already accepted by indicating a “revised” agreement, which is exactly what I said. If Frosty had started from the beginning no way would we have ended up where we are. Sadly Traitor May and her capitulators always intended to keep us as closely tied to the EU as possible which is exactly why we’re in this mess now. Until we are completely free of any links to the EU, Brexit hast not been effected. Hopefully Liz Truss has now realised and accepted that she will never achieve anything sensible from the EU and take steps to scrap the protocol completely and return NI to the U.K. as it should be.

He was chief negotiator of the deal that was agreed. If he didn’t like the protocol why did he sign it ? Blaming Theresa May is frankly ridiculous.

you do realise that if we scrap the protocol unilaterally that is breaking an international agreement and will have serious consequences for the UK.

The people to blame for this are Bozo and his chums who won an election by falsely claiming this to be a great deal😂

1 hour ago, Not in Crawley said:

Its also about Starmer trying to shake his steady eddie image, that he can do the high stakes stuff as well.

I

If he’s absolutely adamant he’s done nothing wrong and rayner also it’s not really a high stakes gamble is it? More so given his background and knowledge of the law. If it’s anything and he believes what’s he’s saying it can only be either a very bad error of judgement/political masterstroke if he’s found to have broke the law and resigns or a very safe play as he always knew he was in the clear. Not sure it’s a high stakes move H. 

15 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

If he’s absolutely adamant he’s done nothing wrong and rayner also it’s not really a high stakes gamble is it? More so given his background and knowledge of the law. If it’s anything and he believes what’s he’s saying it can only be either a very bad error of judgement/political masterstroke if he’s found to have broke the law and resigns or a very safe play as he always knew he was in the clear. Not sure it’s a high stakes move H. 

I've no doubt he's confident that there will be no issue, but offering any resignation is always a gamble when you don't 100% know the outcome.

Also, not everyone in the cabinet thought this was a good idea because if it doesn't come off or is fudged its not good.

24 minutes ago, athywhite1958 said:

It was a sweeping statement, not a thought out political one, I don't care for politics or politicians they all get on my tits

Fair enough, I wouldn't let a few bad apples sour the good ones in the bunch.

You are right politics is a nasty game, and is offputting for many, but there are hard-working decent MPs (across the whole house) who have gone into it for public service rather than personal enhancement.

19 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

If he’s absolutely adamant he’s done nothing wrong and rayner also it’s not really a high stakes gamble is it?

1 minute ago, Not in Crawley said:

I've no doubt he's confident that there will be no issue, but offering any resignation is always a gamble when you don't 100% know the outcome.

Also, not everyone in the cabinet thought this was a good idea because if it doesn't come off or is fudged its not good.

Indeed, Boris was absolutely adamant he'd done nothing wrong, and he proved to be wrong on that point, so the same could happen to Starmer, in theory

1 minute ago, Sweep said:

Indeed, Boris was absolutely adamant he'd done nothing wrong, and he proved to be wrong on that point, so the same could happen to Starmer, in theory

Ha😂The only thing Bozo was adamant about was he was never going to resign. He has since been proved a liar but has still not resigned. Zero integrity.

However, lets be honest here, Starmer didn't really have a choice given his previous attacks on Johnson and his cabinet for not resigning. Moreover, if you are standing as the candidate of honesty against corruption then there is really only one position to take, otherwise your whole postion simply folds.

1 hour ago, Whitesince63 said:

He didn’t start from the beginning, he inherited what was already there as you’ve already accepted by indicating a “revised” agreement, which is exactly what I said. If Frosty had started from the beginning no way would we have ended up where we are. Sadly Traitor May and her capitulators always intended to keep us as closely tied to the EU as possible which is exactly why we’re in this mess now. Until we are completely free of any links to the EU, Brexit hast not been effected. Hopefully Liz Truss has now realised and accepted that she will never achieve anything sensible from the EU and take steps to scrap the protocol completely and return NI to the U.K. as it should be.

Thank god someone understands it.

21 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Starmer could lose out. But labour are in a win win situation here. 

1 hour ago, Whitesince63 said:

Boris was a lead voice of the Leave campaign. FACT.

Boris was a cabinet member throughout the whole process. FACT

Boris got the top job with a promise he had an oven ready deal. FACT 

Boris is PM and it is his deal that we have in place. FACT

It is everybody else's fault. BULLSHIT.

I know the 'he' in the above is Frost but blaming anyone other than the people who negotiated and developed the deal we signed is ridiculous. Hopefully now Sinn Fein are in power the Brexiteers will be happy given Farage is a supporter of the republic army  ? And you call May a traitor. 

19 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Starmer could lose out. But labour are in a win win situation here. 

Not difficult is it mate ? Let's be honest KS is hardly pulling up trees. 
If he is done they have a bloodless leadership change, if he gets off he looks good. 
Best deal since we got £6m for Madine. 

30 minutes ago, Ani said:

I know the 'he' in the above is Frost but blaming anyone other than the people who negotiated and developed the deal we signed is ridiculous. Hopefully now Sinn Fein are in power the Brexiteers will be happy given Farage is a supporter of the republic army  ? And you call May a traitor. 

But a remainer was running the ship as we set sail .... That was the problem, in fact remain factions caused the majority of the problems...  Traitors is a strong word but I can see why it has been used. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

7 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

But a remainer was running the ship as we set sail .... That was the problem, in fact remain factions caused the majority of the problems...  Traitors is a strong word but I can see why it has been used. 

Congratulations.......

7 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

He could, but then on one person is more important than the overall needs of a party. Something Johnson would well do to remember.

Thing with Johnson is its not just him. The party could if they wanted remove him I assume? Or Is not that simple?

• Site Supporter
54 minutes ago, Ani said:

Thank God someone actually understands it.

• Members
1 minute ago, Escobarp said:

Thing with Johnson is its not just him. The party could if they wanted remove him I assume? Or Is not that simple?

15 per cent of the party's MPs are required to submit a letter of no-confidence to the 1922 committee in order to force a no-confidence vote.

15 per cent equates to 54 MPs and it's rumoured about thirty or so already have.

1 minute ago, Escobarp said:

Yes they could, as long as they get the right amount of MPs behind it, but its a messy business replacing a leader and even now there will be factions behind certain other possible candidates.

People are sefl-serving, as soon as it looks like he is a told turn off with voters (not yet happend) then he'll be toast. Or he'll go before then.