Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

• Members
1 hour ago, Spider said:

We're not far off that time of year when The Express tell us the worst storm in living memory is going to blanket the entire country in 12 feet of snow for the entire winter.

Snow from EU is going to kill you

Would probably be the headline 

• Site Supporter

I’m obviously not saying he’s the messiah or owt like that, and some of his appointments are dogshit, but Rishi has at least managed not to be a total fucking embarrassment thus far.

Not a vote winner, but finally not watching our leader and wondering what colossal horseshit will tumble out of their mouth next.

Thats where we are, but fair play.

39 minutes ago, Spider said:

I’m obviously not saying he’s the messiah or owt like that, and some of his appointments are dogshit, but Rishi has at least managed not to be a total fucking embarrassment thus far.

Not a vote winner, but finally not watching our leader and wondering what colossal horseshit will tumble out of their mouth next.

TBF that is all some of us have been asking for. Because of Truss the situation Sunak has taken over is worse than it would have been in the summer. 
Just a case of seeing how bad the position really is when the numbers are laid out. 

2 hours ago, Spider said:

Agree, but he's still very right of the party, the party is unmanageable and I'm not forgiving the last 12 years. From Brexit to the Pandemic to Truss - fuck off the lot of them.

2 hours ago, Spider said:

Sorry but he has done nothing yet apart from appoint some cabinet members just to garner support rather than on ability (Braverman, Cleverly).  He also nearly didn’t attend the COP summit which would have been appalling judgement. Let’s see how he deals with imminent NHS strikes, NI protocol, energy crisis and Gavin Williamson before giving him any credit.

6 hours ago, Farrelli said:

Sorry but he has done nothing yet apart from appoint some cabinet members just to garner support rather than on ability (Braverman, Cleverly).  He also nearly didn’t attend the COP summit which would have been appalling judgement. Let’s see how he deals with imminent NHS strikes, NI protocol, energy crisis and Gavin Williamson before giving him any credit.

He is better than Truss. 

1 minute ago, Traf said:

Spot on.

Exactly - got rounded on on twitter for saying this is why I've rengaged with Labour (well it was a very polite, left wing rounding on)

Its an age gap thing it appears with those younger wanting more radical direct action, which was ever thus I suppose.

Agree with their sentiments, just not their actions.

Just now, Not in Crawley said:

Exactly - got rounded on on twitter for saying this is why I've rengaged with Labour (well it was a very polite, left wing rounding on)

Its an age gap thing it appears with those younger wanting more radical direct action, which was ever thus I suppose.

We're obviously all reading between the lines, but that did sound like SKS might well empower or even demand that the police no longer just standby whilst these people with too much spare time disrupt the country.

I'm a leftie too and fully support the right to protest, but not at the expense of everyday people trying to go about their business.

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Which is the position of most normal folk.