Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

I don't think they have any additional information and more importantly they don't care, see OBR report. These are ideological decisions and the current climate is completely irrelevant. A reduction in the state, legislation and taxes are fundamental and they will pursue this whatever. 

3 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

See, for me, the amount of cash given out for the public and business seems to have been lost in the wailing. 

I heard suggestions that a bit off vat would have been very helpful, and that does make a lot of sense, but the over riding issue of energy bills was the reason for the hasty "event". May have been some rushed decisions/misinterpretation which could bite them, but only time will tell.

The formal budget later is the one that will hopefully bring it all together. 

How does cutting the top rate of tax help normal folk with energy bills?

3 hours ago, BobyBrno said:

Be careful what you wish for. Labour or whoever will have the same global economic problems to cope with. It’s easy to find fault but as ever, what is the alternative? How do you propose we kick them out? Do you really think Starmer and co. have the ability to form a government that would solve the issues that established governments around  the world are struggling with?

Chances are they might just concentrate on governing rather than behaving like cunts.

4 hours ago, BobyBrno said:

Whereas Johnson, who was voted in by the British public was ousted by Tory MP’s voted in by Tory voters. It’s a strange world politics.

Anyway, I said weeks ago that Johnson should go for all his indiscretions but not at the present time. Some said anyone would be better than Boris. Well we now have Liz Truss and Kwasi Kwateng. 
Always be careful for what you wish for. 

Johnson shouldn't have been anywhere near the job. They couldnt have picked a bloke less suited.

11 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

See, for me, the amount of cash given out for the public and business seems to have been lost in the wailing. 

I heard suggestions that a bit off vat would have been very helpful, and that does make a lot of sense, but the over riding issue of energy bills was the reason for the hasty "event". May have been some rushed decisions/misinterpretation which could bite them, but only time will tell.

The formal budget later is the one that will hopefully bring it all together. 

The 'hasty event' was after the help for energy bills had been announced. IF the event had then explained how that would be funded you may have a point but instead it gave away money from the magic money tree.

You say 'could bite them' in what way ? Beyond what has already happened ? Economically ? (See BOE intervention) Politically ? (See virtually every news report and opinion poll) 

I personally think having a system whereby Bankers can earn massive bonuses by betting against the UK economy are paying less tax and getting even bigger bonuses for doing so is flawed if not immoral. You are happy with this doubt we will ever agree. 

• Site Supporter
7 hours ago, mickbrown said:

How does cutting the top rate of tax help normal folk with energy bills?

Clearly you haven’t been paying attention.

Heres how it works:

The top earners KEEP more of their money.

Then they TRICKLE it down to the lower earners who can then pay their bills and have more tattoos done and buy more blue drinks for their kids.

The top earners drive round their nearest estates TRICKLING money out of their car windows and the low earners run after them picking up the coins.

Are we clear on this now?

1 hour ago, Ani said:

I personally think having a system whereby Bankers can earn massive bonuses by betting against the UK economy are paying less tax and getting even bigger bonuses for doing so is flawed if not immoral. You are happy with this doubt we will ever agree. 

Spot on. They’re basically betting for a living. But knowing the government will bail them out if they get it wrong.

1 hour ago, Ani said:

Spot on and the unwillingness to get the energy companies to contribute more via a windfall tax on their huge profits means that we will all pay more for longer. 

I think that she will cut spending on Public Services. I wish the visionaries had not disappeared from this thread they could reassure us. 

By the way when she say it is right the BOE control interest rates she should also thank Gordon Brown for making that change.

'There have been nearly 2 decades of low growth' - she says- and surely everyone thinks 'and yes we have had a Tory Government for most of that time.' 

6 minutes ago, Nowack said:

No thinking about it, it is a stated aim. 

But she would not admit it in the interview. I read one poster accusing Starmer of avoiding questions recently as a reason he would not get elected. Well well last two Tory PMs are masters of it.