Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

North Korea

gonzo

• Site Supporter

theres no military strike that doesnt end with seoul wrecked

Exactly

Which is why this will remain a stand off until such time the Kim dynasty is toppled from within.

Could take 50 years, but it'll happen.

It happens like clockwork every year, only this time Kim has actually got the upper hand.

not bad for a fat cunt with loose teeth and girls feet.

Nowt's gonna change

Edited by Spider

They (and us) invaded Iraq because they had a couple of air riffles buried under some rocks.

This guy is firing rockets over Japan and building nuclear weaponry for all to see.

Funny how it's different when there's no oil involved :)

Not convinced with the "lack of oil" argument

See http://nypost.com/2017/07/03/north-korea-is-sitting-on-6-trillion-in-mineral-resources/

Probably not steamed in for a number of factors - geopolitical for a start

• Members

Surely no one thinks nuking north Korea is a good idea?

Nuking anything is not a good idea. For a start, there is the fall out to consider which could adversely affect any/all of us, never mind how many innocents would be incinerated. Still, if you hadn't asked the question, we would have been denied yet another classic glib comment.

• Site Supporter

Why is it worrying that someone with power and a voice in this debacle can articulate the situation accurately?

PS Anyone got a link to Randy Newman's "Political Science"?

It's worrying that he's the most sensible leader out there at the minute.

We can do better as a species.

To be fair to Putin, he called it right in Syria by identifying ISIS as the biggest set of twats & taking action against them even if it meant propping up the less horrible Assad........all while Obama/Clinton got it wrong.

I'm not sure writing off sanctions against North Korea is correct though......as has been said, NK would soon be struggling if the oil was cut off.

To be fair to Putin, he called it right in Syria by identifying ISIS as the biggest set of twats & taking action against them even if it meant propping up the less horrible Assad........all while Obama/Clinton got it wrong.

I'm not sure writing off sanctions against North Korea is correct though......as has been said, NK would soon be struggling if the oil was cut off.

Maybe. But this morning BBC's Far East correspondent said the military have ample stocks of oil for their needs - if push comes to shove the populace would go without heating.

Maybe. But this morning BBC's Far East correspondent said the military have ample stocks of oil for their needs - if push comes to shove the populace would go without heating.

Aye, the "enemies" of North Korea have probably got more concern for the general population of NK than their leaders have, NK's leaders will happily spend a large proportion of their budget on armaments whilst there are food shortages.

He's bent as a 9 bob note but is certainly not wet behind the ears.

Agree on this. I think Putin gets painted as a barm pot by the west. Out of May, Putin and Donald I know who has the better leader though!

NK's leaders will happily spend a large proportion of their budget on armaments whilst there are food shortages.

Sadly very true.

I'm currently reading "Nothing to Envy" by Barbara Demick. I'd highly recommend it if you really want to know how sick and dare I say evil their leadership has been over the past few decades. It's accounts from people who have managed to defect to SK from NK. It really is desperate what they've had to endure in times of famine, which have been a lot more common than you might imagine

Sadly very true.

I'm currently reading "Nothing to Envy" by Barbara Demick. I'd highly recommend it if you really want to know how sick and dare I say evil their leadership has been over the past few decades. It's accounts from people who have managed to defect to SK from NK. It really is desperate what they've had to endure in times of famine, which have been a lot more common than you might imagine

they all look happy on them parades

claping like seals

Sadly very true.

And when they Japanese held Korea in the 1930s and 40s it was even worse.

Sadly very true.

Mate of mine used to volunteer with asylum seekers and one of his clients was a fella who'd managed to escape N Korea.  From what small insights I got it certainly sounded horrific.

He'd left some family there as well but knew he could never go back.   I'll nit pick life here but we're very lucky to have what label, or lack of, is on our kids jumper as a problem . . .

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...