Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Tommy Robinson

royal white

• Site Supporter
13 hours ago, Widnes Two Hats said:

I'm with you 100% on the stupidity of some of the EDL, pig masks and Allah is a peado were just fucking stupid,  The Birmingham parents, I have a bit of sympathy for, kids being taught LGBT and introducing drag queens to 6 year olds is not for me. Don't think that was about religion, think it's more about concerned parents but the media have turned it into religion

Agree with that. Why teach 6 year olds anything about being straight, LGBT or whatever.

It’s more about saying love is love whoever it is between, teaching tolerance not specifically about sexuality

My daughters knew about LGBTQ from an early age so as it’s not an issue, they have married uncles - they were unaware of and did not care about the sexual aspect of it - as they don’t regarding straight couples at that age.

2 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Agree with that. Why teach 6 year olds anything about being straight, LGBT or whatever.

Lance the boil - get it out in the open.

Year three, compulsory viewings of 'Fistful of Bollards - Anal Extreme #32' and 'Heidi Rides again - Strap-On Lovers Pt. IV'.

On 07/03/2020 at 20:22, Widnes Two Hats said:

Ah OK, don't really take much notice. I thought he was talking about the parents who weren't happy about drag queens strutting about in primary schools, no issues with penguin books but I'm not upto date with anything else happening in Birmingham

Aye I was talking about the protests and harrassment in particular from a sector of the local Muslim community. They were openly arguing that because it was part of their religious belief then the school should remove any eduaction on LGBT equality.

Blatant homophobia and some staff have even had to counselling. Fucking awful really. But at least they have been banned and this time around people aren't shying away from highlighting that it is Muslims protesting. 

On 08/03/2020 at 10:10, Tonge moor green jacket said:

If you want to live in a tolerant society, with low levels of hate crime, then teaching these things (in an age appropriate way) is essential. Relationships have forever been in children's books and films- Cinderella and Prince Charming and all that. All the peugin book is about is demonstrating that some people love people of the same sex and that's okay. 

Edited by London Wanderer

• Site Supporter
46 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

If you want to live in a tolerant society, with low levels of hate crime, then teaching these things (in an age appropriate way) is essential. Relationships have forever been in children's books and films- Cinderella and Prince Charming and all that. All the peugin book is about is demonstrating that some people love people of the same sex and that's okay. 

Nah. Too young.

If a kid asks a question on this area then fine, deal with it in a responsible, sensible way.

I don't remember being 'taught' any thing about relationships etc.

Just learned basics, maths, English etc, played football in the playground.

Just let them be kids for a while.

Bit more to it than just a penguin book.

17 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Nah. Too young.

If a kid asks a question on this area then fine, deal with it in a responsible, sensible way.

Ahh the golden days of Maths, English and football in the playground. That was my whole childhood at St. Maxentius and it was some of the happiest days of my life. We were able to roam the whole grounds up to the woodland but now there is a fuck off fence around half the place, which is shame. 

I think you're misunderstanding the curriculum to be honest. It's not that we sit down with em and say right let's learn about 'relationships' today and teach all the different ones under the sun. That hasn't happened in any school that I've taught in with kids that young. It's about an exposure in children's stories and films that represent the diversity of the society we live in. So young people grow up with an understanding of difference- rather than a fear of it. 

It's no different to Disney having a gay character in Frozen or the character in the new Pixar movie Onward. 

Edited by London Wanderer

6 isn't too young to learn anything.

My 6yr old grandson knows that it's perfectly fine for men to like men and/or women and that it's OK for women to like men and/or women and that it's totally unacceptable for anyone to like Man United (and he lives in trafford)

10 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Nah. Too young.

The point is that in every book I read as a kid all couples were white 1 male 1 female. Having a bit more variety in there so that couples can be same sex or different colour reflects the world and gives the kids a more balanced view of the world. 

12 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Nah. Too young.

World doesn't work like that. Kids at 3 are curious already and asking stuff. Teaching about diversity - you can't start too early. 

• Site Supporter
25 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

World doesn't work like that. Kids at 3 are curious already and asking stuff. Teaching about diversity - you can't start too early. 

Horse shit.

You can't 'teach' certain things very well anyway, especially at three.

If a kid is curious and asks, answer it, and let them go back playing in the sand.

8 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Horse shit.

You can't 'teach' certain things very well anyway, especially at three.

If a kid is curious and asks, answer it, and let them go back playing in the sand.

Kids are taught about all sorts of things at that age, at nursery, via the TV they watch, from friends. They're like sponges. You can't just bury your head in the sand when they're seeing different families or different types of relationships. They want to know. And just as you want to teach them not to fight each other or steal or whatever, you also want to teach them about differences, acceptance and inclusivity. In a sensible way of course. 

11 hours ago, Traf said:

6 isn't too young to learn anything.

My 6yr old grandson knows that it's perfectly fine for men to like men and/or women and that it's OK for women to like men and/or women and that it's totally unacceptable for anyone to like Man United (and he lives in trafford)

Pretty much what I've taught my lad.

He knows I don't care if he loves boys or girls as long as they're not a yoonited fan.

• Site Supporter

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Didn't a 6 year old marry the prophet ? To be fair, he didn't fuck her until she was 9.

Surely she knew what she was doing...

Putting flipant comments aside, kids should naturally learn what's right and wrong. Predominantly from parents and reinforced by schools. Whether that's not nicking things or if it's ok for two people of the same sex to be together. 

Diversity/acceptance or whatever comes about largely from life experiences and society changes, teaching a 3 or a 6 year old it's ok to be whatever they are can be nothing more than a basic statement as at that age there is no physiological/mental maturity to grasp the deeper aspect of an adult relationship.

On that basis, why are overstretched teachers being asked to take on such responsibility. Arse about face for me.

• 2 weeks later...