Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

5 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Who knows anymore. That we're still waiting on a Brentford decision astounds me.

If both clubs do start the season though what a skewed competition it'll be, only 1 relegation place to avoid for everyone.

2 relegation places this season, 4 teams go down in League One, which makes are job even harder even if it wasn't already

On Bolton - latest issue is with payment plan offered to departed players. 20% of outstanding wages now, rest over next two years. Believe PFA recommending they accept (run risk of nothing if club liquidated). Piece with soon. #bwfc

Daily Mail saying this. That would mean before we exit admin all players owed by club who are no longer here would need to agree to that deal. Ugh. 

Suppose it depends on exactly what "However, concerns do remain and both Clubs are required to provide confirmation to the League’s satisfaction that they can meet all outstanding commitments." means. Gives the EFL a lot of leeway in how to interpret that while at the same time appearing to play hardball....

• Site Supporter

Whilst the EFL are clearly wankers, they seem to be adopting the approach of “put up or shut up” to FV.

They want the game to go ahead and I imagine they’ll get the assurances they need to make it happen.

For once, you can’t blame the EFL for doing something. Their actions for the rest of this shitshow remain callous.

Just now, Spider said:

Whilst the EFL are clearly wankers, they seem to be adopting the approach of “put up or shut up” to FV.

They want the game to go ahead and I imagine they’ll get the assurances they need to make it happen.

For once, you can’t blame the EFL for doing something. Their actions for the rest of this shitshow remain callous.

If it is correct that FV are now asking all the players owed money who have left to take 20% up front and then the rest later how can the assurances be made re Saturday's game? We have to pay all football creditors or have agreements with them. That seems impossible with a load of individuals who want their money and will be asked to accept staggered payments.....

8 minutes ago, Okocha10 said:

2 relegation places this season, 4 teams go down in League One, which makes are job even harder even if it wasn't already

I suppose we could do with Bury at least starting the season.......with them in a worse state than us, they should be taking one of the relegation places which, very slightly, improves our chances of staying up.  As the season goes on, maybe 1 or 2 others will have money troubles...Coventry ??

12 minutes ago, bolton va va said:

I suppose we could do with Bury at least starting the season.......with them in a worse state than us, they should be taking one of the relegation places which, very slightly, improves our chances of staying up.  As the season goes on, maybe 1 or 2 others will have money troubles...Coventry ??

take over happens then our game plan should be get out of relagation zones by 10 -15 games and then saty out. not sure we will do it may be a big asked but with right players 

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, sleepingindian said:

just hope it works and gives them a kick up the ass

from a player point of view, we are either ready to go, or we aren't, can't see much changing in 5 hours in that respect, the fact we're playing some friendlies suggests we planned to be ready

and if we haven't sorted out the business side of things and that is what's needed to start the season, then it's game off surely

Really don't know how I feel about FV asking players to defer 80% of their salary for 24 months. Doesn't bode well, and I can't imagine that will sit right with a lot of our existing playing staff.

We all accept there is a massive rebuilding job on, I just hope they have the resources to pull it off.

Edit: I have just re-read the tweet; it appears the payment is to "departed players". Not sure how that one will wash given they have left. I hope they can come to some form of resolution I really do. 

Edited by Matthew1234

32 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

If it is correct that FV are now asking all the players owed money who have left to take 20% up front and then the rest later how can the assurances be made re Saturday's game? We have to pay all football creditors or have agreements with them. That seems impossible with a load of individuals who want their money and will be asked to accept staggered payments.....

I may have this wrong, however, the players are guaranteed creditors, so get their cash unless we go bump.

PFA are recommending the players accept the offered deal, so why can the PFA not pay the players what is owed and FV pay the PFA back on the agreed deal?

Thought that's part of what the PFA where in place to do?

2 minutes ago, auckland_bwfc said:

Do we know what the balance of salaries is that is owed to the players still lurking around the club? Relatively speaking I can't imagine it being an insane figure?

would probably say a few million max

2 minutes ago, auckland_bwfc said:

Do we know what the balance of salaries is that is owed to the players still lurking around the club? Relatively speaking I can't imagine it being an insane figure?

It's hard to put a number on it when we don't know the exact quantum of players who will stay on, and those that have departed. Obviously we know a handful of departures, such as Ameobi and Connell. We are talking wages since February here though aren't we. Don't think it will be too small a sum, but given the fact this might just be on "departed" players, then that will obviously play a part.

Just now, Mike Hunt said:

I may have this wrong, however, the players are guaranteed creditors, so get their cash unless we go bump.

PFA are recommending the players accept the offered deal, so why can the PFA not pay the players what is owed and FV pay the PFA back on the agreed deal?

The players are "football creditors" and what that means is that before the EFL will allow us to exit admin those creditors must be paid in full or reach agreement. Their wages are not guaranteed or underwritten by the PFA - this is a common misconception. If we were liquidated those players would join the list of unsecured creditors and likely get nothing. They are only protected by EFL rules for clubs in administration. 

1 minute ago, Mike Hunt said:

They are still getting their cash - its just that some of it is deferred. Its not like they are only receiving 20% in totality, as over the period of 24 months they would receive 100%.

If the PFA started loaning even more wages, it sets a dangerous precedent and portrays to football clubs that they could stop paying staff when cashflow is tight as the PFA can then step in. The pressure needed to be applied on FV in my honest opinion. They need this wrapped up, and now is not the time for there to be more helping hands. If they are to take this club and take it forward, they need to start being assertive, make decisions and be accountable.

GMr radio reporting  the FV offer of 20 percent up front and rest over 2 years mentioned before is for all players who have left the club current squad to be paid in full . It’s just getting them to agree 

Edited by Farnywhite
Spelling

2 minutes ago, Bridger said:

Surely if FV had the funds this would be over I wouldn't accept having 80% deferred either

This has been my concern as well. When i first read the deferral of payment I assumed it was for all players. Reading that it is just on players who are no longer with us does give me a warmer feeling. Still not totally comfortable but better nonetheless.

Look -- the club is on a fine wire. I know owe love BWFC, but it doesn't mean that it's an attractive opportunity for a rich buyer. FV have come in and are trying to drive a hard bargain because it will be a small margin that makes this doable. They've accepted that they won't be in the Championship for two seasons, and may even end up in League 2. It's critical to ensure that they can derive as much value from the deal as possible.