Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Expectation/ Hopes for next season

Okocha10

What league position would you be happy with for next season? (obviously most people will take just staying up like myself).

A lot will be riding on the new takeover then in July which could be the biggest month in the clubs history.

Do some reckon we could finish mid-table, what do you feel we should be aiming for next season?

Edited by Okocha10

8 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

I’m more bothered if anymore punishment will come our way ( which I think will)

just can’t say until everything is out 

It's a joke the EFL still have not come up with a decision in which what punishment we will receive, how long can they drag it on for. 

Just now, Okocha10 said:

It's a joke the EFL still have not come up with a decision in which what punishment we will receive, how long can they drag it on for. 

Unless they're currently considering submissions from potential new owners or the administrator for suspension or leniency with the penalty and are yet to decide.

More likely it's just because they're tardy and incompetent, but you never know.

7 minutes ago, Okocha10 said:

So frustrating as we all want to move on 

it’s mad when you think survival is our target next season 

you think of happy to stay up being associated to a club going into the premiership not staying in league 1, sad times 

3 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

So frustrating as we all want to move on 

it’s mad when you think survival is our target next season 

you think of happy to stay up being associated to a club going into the premiership not staying in league 1, sad times 

It is horrible the downfall from grace we have had, especially in my lifetime never seen us fall as low as we have, but it is what it is. Going through what we have will make good times even better! I'm quite looking forward to next season as I know it's a new beginning & we are actually as club might be moving forward, when could we say that in the last decade. 

I am not bothered for next season. Target is stay up but i am not going to kick up too much if we don't. starting on at least -12 is gonna make it very tough. 

the key is to  build the experience up and make it fun to go to the match again and then push on from the season after. 

As it stands......no owners, next to no players ( & missing out on the early wheeler dealing for the better players meaning that we'll probably be picking from the dregs that nobody else wants again ), little money for players & wages plus a probable transfer embargo, a shrinking & divided support meaning there'll be little backing for the manager & team, & a 12 point deduction meaning a slow start could see us effectively relegated well before Xmas.  Just staying up would be an achievement.

If we get a further points deduction, we'd have little realistic chance of survival. I think i'd rather start the season in div2 than go through a season with no hope.

23 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

The stadium will still be cold, the pies will still be solid and the ale overpriced piss.

Wouldn't change it for anything, can't beat a pint of piss at the breezeblock queuing up for fucking ages for it

2 hours ago, bolton va va said:

As it stands......no owners, next to no players ( & missing out on the early wheeler dealing for the better players meaning that we'll probably be picking from the dregs that nobody else wants again ), little money for players & wages plus a probable transfer embargo, a shrinking & divided support meaning there'll be little backing for the manager & team, & a 12 point deduction meaning a slow start could see us effectively relegated well before Xmas.  Just staying up would be an achievement.

If we get a further points deduction, we'd have little realistic chance of survival. I think i'd rather start the season in div2 than go through a season with no hope.

Fuck me, its our sense of humour keeps us going !!

15 minutes ago, DomRepWanderer said:

Stick with Parkinson we'll struggle like fuck, get another manager in and I'd be happy to finish 5th bottom.

He will be gone Parkinson soon as this takeover happens, big decision who we get in next 

My hopes are as much to do with the general feel of the club/team/manager/fans than the league position we finish in.  5th bottom would be great but if we get zero points or 100 points I want the fans to feel the buzz again and have a manager to believe in, and just 1 player that the fans can relate to and the kids want to put on the back of their shirts.  If Parky is still manager I would feel flat as a pancake even if we managed to stop up, because it would all start with everyone saying he's worked miracles.

• Site Supporter

Anything upto 15 points deduction and i realistically think we can stay up and perhaps with a little bit to spare too.

That said, with everything that has gone on, i'll take anything next season. If we end up relegated again, so be it - but then the climb back has to start at the 1st attempt

3 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

Anything upto 15 points deduction and i realistically think we can stay up and perhaps with a little bit to spare too.

That said, with everything that has gone on, i'll take anything next season. If we end up relegated again, so be it - but then the climb back has to start at the 1st attempt

Yes clubs who have been through bad times have festered around for a while

1 hour ago, Johnnyrotten said:

My hopes are as much to do with the general feel of the club/team/manager/fans than the league position we finish in.  5th bottom would be great but if we get zero points or 100 points I want the fans to feel the buzz again and have a manager to believe in, and just 1 player that the fans can relate to and the kids want to put on the back of their shirts.  If Parky is still manager I would feel flat as a pancake even if we managed to stop up, because it would all start with everyone saying he's worked miracles.

So you don’t care if we lose every single game as long as Parkinson isn’t there? Very weird. Especially as you don’t seem to care if he managed to keep us up. Football fans certainly aren’t what they used to be these days.

The most important thing as I see it is the fans sticking together, understanding the predicament we are in and being realistic.   As we stand nobody has a clue what’s going to happen, we can only hope that the EFL take it very easy on us considering it was them that gave KA the green light to make a right pigs ear of our club, yet we are the ones paying the price.   Utter shithouses