Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Worst Score Lines You Have Ever Witnessed.

leigh white

the 2-2 at stoke , needed a win and a miracle, got the miracle with aguero , knew we'd fuck up our end of the results. 

terrible , hate that result more than the 0-5 ; and most others ; coz theres usually time to turn it round. 

bobbins

Thing is we didnt need a miracle - we just needed to beat a team already on there holidays as it was a given that City would beat QPR, even if it did take them until the 98th minute to do it

Will never forget a corner in the last minute with the Ginger One looking at Coyle asking if he should go up, and the useless one ignoring him

2 hours ago, e2e4 said:

the 2-2 at stoke , needed a win and a miracle, got the miracle with aguero , knew we'd fuck up our end of the results. 

terrible , hate that result more than the 0-5 ; and most others ; coz theres usually time to turn it round. 

bobbins

West Brom at home before that 2 up & drew 

coyle is just a scrawny jock cnut 

Aye west Brom 2 2 was a massive Coyle cock up.  

Notts county 6 bolton 1 in 1984 league cup at meadow lane was pathetic.  We conceded 5 goals in 7 mins . It may have been all 6 . It was utter shambolic ...decent midweek following too on the wooden terraces of now jimmy sirrel stand .

We've seen some shite watching Lennon , Coyle and Parkinson.  

Burton away 3 0 was a modern day nightmare  

• Site Supporter
3 hours ago, e2e4 said:

bobbins

I'm convinced that QPR were able to take their foot off the pedal once we'd only drawn. Their game still had six or seven minutes left.

• Site Supporter
14 minutes ago, MickyD said:

I'm convinced that QPR were able to take their foot off the pedal once we'd only drawn. Their game still had six or seven minutes left.

Probably right, but we were our own worst enemy that day. Just assume city would win and do our bit. We had chances to do so but weren't quite at it enough. Real shame.

2 hours ago, MickyD said:

Definitely heard accounts of QPR fans celebrating the final whistle at Stoke just after City equalised.
Pretty sure the Aguero goal never happens had that not been the case and we’d won, which would’ve meant us going down on GD even if we had won at Stoke. 

The WBA draw the game before goes down as the one of our worst in history, given everything that’s happened since. 

2-0 up and safe for the season. On comes CYL at 2-1 for his first appearance in a year. Coyle is such a wanker. 

2 hours ago, MickyD said:

cant really remember, seemed like we were out of it for only about 40 seconds, too much going on. 

remember the walk home being not good, though  . 

10 hours ago, e2e4 said:

cant really remember, seemed like we were out of it for only about 40 seconds, too much going on. 

remember the walk home being not good, though  . 

I was watching at home, and pretty certain it was almost simoltaneous; my daughter celebrating their winner a moment after our whistle went

Chelsea game last game of the season in the 97/98 was horrible, Chelsea fans wanting us to score to relegate Everton but end up scoring right the end themselves to win 2-0 & relegate us on goal difference. We got robbed on the first game at Reebok with the ball crossing the line against Everton & the ref not giving it.

1 hour ago, Okocha10 said:

Chelsea game last game of the season in the 97/98 was horrible, Chelsea fans wanting us to score to relegate Everton but end up scoring right the end themselves to win 2-0 & relegate us on goal difference. We got robbed on the first game at Reebok with the ball crossing the line against Everton & the ref not giving it.

That had been removed from my memory ha. I’m unsure whether to thank you or not hehe

The relegations at Chelsea & Stoke were both horrible because it felt as though we had a good chance to escape both times, but never put up a proper fight.

The final chop of other relegations have been fairly painless because we've already been resigned to them. ( I can't remember the ins & outs of Aldershot, but i don't think it was that big a shock )