Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

1 minute ago, DazBob said:

"I have virtually isolated for last 9 months, except when lockdown was relaxed and went out couple of times for a Covid distanced meal ... and live with someone who works in a school" 

:D:D:D

The key point being isolated for nine months, had couple of meals in Covid secure restaurants in 6 week holidays and when lock down ended,  went Spain in summer holidays for 2 weeks, isolated before and after, and took test after and before.  I’d like to think common sense in the main would keep you safe, so I don’t need a government to dictate everything to me. 

6 minutes ago, little whitt said:

getting dropped of and picked up by the Daughter 

not in a COVID ridden Raygun Taxi 

have a meal and 10 pints 

who am i arming 

Well, you're not arming any Raygun taxi drivers.

Don't worry, neither you nor Mounts can pick it up or pass it on.  Anyone else? 😄

4 minutes ago, DazBob said:

Well, you're not arming any Raygun taxi drivers.

Don't worry, neither you nor Mounts can pick it up or pass it on.  Anyone else? 😄

I don’t think government should be taking the actions they are, for me it’s about reducing risk advising folk of the dangers and their responsibilities but not shutting all and sundry down and allowing life & businesses to to go on. While I’m bending the rules that the government have put in place I don’t believe I’m breaking any law. 

2 hours ago, Sweep said:

We'll soon find out, I think the 5 day relaxation will send the numbers soaring, and you don't......I hope that you're right and I'm wrong

Let’s see 

Even Uni kids who stay away, I doubt they are observing bubbles living away at Uni, they are likely mixing with many more people than they will do going back home to see their parents for a few days 

1 hour ago, Not in Crawley said:

I think it will as well. My mum and dad are coming down, and that's it - but that's a three family limit. Me and my partner, kids who live with their mum and my parents, still that feels like a bit of a risk. But those that are having xmas day with one set of parents, boxing day with another, the parents spending different days with sibilings - suddenly over the course of five days you could have 8/9 households mixing and still only have two families in the room at any one time.

Surely In that case they are breaking the rules anyway? 

So it doesn’t really matter what the government say the rules are if some are going to do what they want anyway 🤔

2 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

Surely In that case they are breaking the rules anyway? 

So it doesn’t really matter what the government say the rules are if some are going to do what they want anyway 🤔

I know but I don't think people are looking at it that way sadly.

I also think Burnham is coming across like a bit of a whinging sod now

9 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Most are going to follow it on here I would say? 

I doubt anybody is going to admit otherwise......

One of my mates has invited myself and Mrs Sweep round for drinks Xmas Day evening, after some of his family bugger off back home, we won't be going, but some of our other mates are. I think that sort of thing is going to be happening up and down the country, sadly. 

You only need to look further up this thread to see an attitude of "I won't spread it, it's other people, I've kept safe" and then multiply that out by a few thousand other people across the country and you can see how it manages to spread, and why it could lead to an increase in numbers come the first week of January.

If everybody stuck to the rules, then we'd be OK you'd think , but I'm really not sure we're capable of doing that.

There is nothing surer that we'll see footage on the news of massive parties/raves being broken up on Xmas Eve and New Years Eve, even though there are rules in place .

Edited by Sweep

1 minute ago, Sweep said:

I doubt anybody is going to admit otherwise......

One of my mates has invited myself and Mrs Sweep round for drinks Xmas Day evening, after some of his family bugger off back home, we won't be going, but some of our other mates are. I think that sort of thing is going to be happening up and down the country, sadly. Hopefully the British public stick to the rules, but I just can't see it happening.

You only need to look further up this thread to see an attitude of "I won't spread it, it's other people, I've kept safe" and then multiply that out by a few thousand other people across the country and you can see how it manages to spread, and why it could lead to an increase in numbers come the first week of January.

If everybody stuck the the rules, then we'd be OK

I agree the problem is that closing pubs drives people into other peoples homes. To me it’s the biggest mistake we’ve made in the whole thing (and there has been some almighty fuck ups) but this is the biggest or close to it. 

I won’t be breaching the rules over Xmas personally.  Ive just sat down to my last few pints of pub beer this year and I intend to enjoy them. The pub couldn’t be more on top of the rules cleaning etc etc. it’s a travesty 

1 minute ago, Escobarp said:

I agree the problem is that closing pubs drives people into other peoples homes. To me it’s the biggest mistake we’ve made in the whole thing (and there has been some almighty fuck ups) but this is the biggest or close to it. 

I won’t be breaching the rules over Xmas personally.  Ive just sat down to my last few pints of pub beer this year and I intend to enjoy them. The pub couldn’t be more on top of the rules cleaning etc etc. it’s a travesty 

A decent pub that follows the COVID rules has to be a safe environment than Asda, but the Government obviously has decided otherwise.

I'll hopefully, be having my last pint in a pub this year tomorrow afternoon, before we get shoved into T3, as me and a mate are booked into one of the pubs in town, on tables next to each other (because we can't sit with each other) - we'll be indulging in a meal and apparently have 2 hours to get as much ale down our throats as possible 😀. After that, I doubt I'll leave the house again until some time in mid-January, apart from when I take the dog for a walk

8 minutes ago, Sweep said:

A decent pub that follows the COVID rules has to be a safe environment than Asda, but the Government obviously has decided otherwise.

I'll hopefully, be having my last pint in a pub this year tomorrow afternoon, before we get shoved into T3, as me and a mate are booked into one of the pubs in town, on tables next to each other (because we can't sit with each other) - we'll be indulging in a meal and apparently have 2 hours to get as much ale down our throats as possible 😀. After that, I doubt I'll leave the house again until some time in mid-January, apart from when I take the dog for a walk

I'm not sure they have, but they can't shut the supermarkets

3 hours ago, Sweep said:

[B]Who knows, but I guess they can't bend the truth with regards to hospital admissions and deaths (can they?) - and they're still quite high across the country as a whole.[/b]

They would have been better off just saying "We don't want this second wave to continue and the hospitals be overwhelmed, especially when we're trying to roll out a vaccine, I know some won't like it, but that's tough, we're putting everybody in T3 until the New Year, and if there is another spike due to you fucking about during the 5 day relaxation period, then you'll all be in T3 until February you bunch of cunts.....and you can piss and moan as much as you want, you voted us in and asked us to run the country, and if you don't like it, you can vote us out in favour of that other shower of shit in a few years time" 😀

On that front, as of Tuesday there were 18k in hospital with COVID across the country. Up from 16k a week earlier. The April peak was 21k.

It's a good thing they found those treatments as quickly as they did.