Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

What have you done today to make you feel proud?

MickyD

• Site Supporter

Following on from Boogs’ Aldi escapade outside Aldi..fromBoogs

Bit off topic here but you raise a good point. Was driving past Aldi, next to Amir's gym, last year and the security guard was scuffling with some smack head that had been on the rob, he was a fair unit and looked to be getting the better of the security guard. I pulled over and pushed the fucker off him and generally helped him see him off down the road. Turned around and the glass front of Aldi was just full of spectators, most of which had their phones out. Half expected to be on faceache later in the day but thankfully doesn't appear to be the case. 

What the fuck is wrong with folk these days? If I was in the shit like that I would hope someone would help me, which is why I did it. 

I once did similar. We’d gone shopping in Bury in the covered shopping area. Wife had nipped into a shop and I’d stayed outside with my lad (in his pushchair). As the mall drops down towards Bury’s World Famous Market, I could see a security guard chasing a scrote and shouting at people to stop him. All the way up folk were allowing him a free passage, moving out of the way. 
I made sure the brakes were n the pushchair, turned back to the miscreant and barged the fucker into a jewellery shop window. Security guy turned up and explained that he’d stolen an old woman’s handbag.
Wife came out of shop in time for the aftermath of security guy and general public congratulating me on getting involved. Wife wasn’t happy that I left baby alone whilst being a super-hero. In fact, it still comes up in conversation when we’re discussing any and (usually all) of my parental and spouse weak-points.

22 minutes ago, Rudy said:

I’m annoyed that I even have to ask but HBAHT

Theldest or her mate? Her mate was more than ample, reckon she'll have a bad back before the menopause 

Theldest hasn't been as blessed as her mum (36DD)

Edited by Dr Faustus

Saved a spider from the Mrs hoovering on Saturday. She's bought a new Shark hoover, was hoovering up the world. "Look at all the dust I've collected, just from our bedroom".

She was about to use the pipe extension on a large spider, I swooped in, using a letter from the Nationwide as a spider scoop. Saved the little chap from vacuum oblivion, released him onto the decking. 

One life saved.

Good fucking hoover though, its got headlights on it like a DAF truck.

Edited by peelyfeet

Bit behind here but climbed Cat Bells the other day

Two arthritic big toes, a prolapsed L5-S1 disc and 23 weeks of boredom-induced Malbec that piled on nearly two stone

Did it in 2.5 hours. The fucking bastard bitch gym bunny selfish arsehole Mrs Manc only let me have 1 minute breathers. I’ve been clinically dead for the last two days. I’m proud 

8 hours ago, MancWanderer said:

Bit behind here but climbed Cat Bells the other day

Two arthritic big toes, a prolapsed L5-S1 disc and 23 weeks of boredom-induced Malbec that piled on nearly two stone

Did it in 2.5 hours. The fucking bastard bitch gym bunny selfish arsehole Mrs Manc only let me have 1 minute breathers. I’ve been clinically dead for the last two days. I’m proud 

Did Cat Bells a couple of years ago, the rewards at the top of there are especially good but yeah, it is a bit relentless going up. I was quite glad that day that my hound cant be trusted anywhere near sheep so had to keep her on the lead so she helped drag me up , haha.

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, peelyfeet said:

Just made an apple and blackberry crumble with fruit picked whilst walking the hound. If I don't post ever again, it means I've died of food poisoning

Did you soak them first to remove the little maggots?

Got a few to soak myself and also make a crumble after my tea.

Bit daft really as I've got tens of kilos of frozen berries in the freezer.