Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Meanwhile in Ukraine

Rudy

• Site Supporter
30 minutes ago, deane koontz said:

See this thread has turned into the "when i was a lad" fantasy faff

By fuckers who spend their time skriking about the "wokes" on a football forum 

Get yourselves signed up to the reservists if you're that concerned, you set of whoppers. 

Well it hasn't actually. Another typical comment. 

Some of us feel a particular way because of our experience and observations. Others don't and that's fair enough.

It is however notable that those that don't seem to struggle to post a cogent response and instead twist the comments of others away from what was actually said, and then post utter bollocks and snide insults.

A regular occurrence though, and maybe that's reflective of the point being made.

Always very black and white, with nothing in between.

We have to sign up do we to have a point?

Can't speak for others, but I won't be alone in this- I've considered doing just that. Not for long admittedly as advice isn't to go unless you're experienced in combat. Be a potential hindrance. 

So I'll do what I can in other ways.

9 minutes ago, BobyBrno said:

The money and assets will be spread across Europe. Switzerland will be freezing bank accounts mainly. Much easier than seizing a football club or a mansion for instance These are the practicalities. No one knows what is going on behind the scenes but some are grabbing at anything to make political points. Again.

I’m not making political points, I just want a strong level of sanctions to be enforced and at present the UK look a bit weak. Hopefully that changes soon because these are vital economic measures.

4 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Well it hasn't actually. Another typical comment. 

Some of us feel a particular way because of our experience and observations. Others don't and that's fair enough.

It is however notable that those that don't seem to struggle to post a cogent response and instead twist the comments of others away from what was actually said, and then post utter bollocks and snide insults.

A regular occurrence though, and maybe that's reflective of the point being made.

Always very black and white, with nothing in between.

We have to sign up do we to have a point?

Can't speak for others, but I won't be alone in this- I've considered doing just that. Not for long admittedly as advice isn't to go unless you're experienced in combat. Be a potential hindrance. 

So I'll do what I can in other ways.

Were you not in the Royal Green Jackets? I had always assumed because of your name that you were.

13 minutes ago, Farrelli said:

I’m not making political points, I just want a strong level of sanctions to be enforced and at present the UK look a bit weak. Hopefully that changes soon because these are vital economic measures.

Until we know the value of those figures, it’s  a meaningless comparison. The figures will also change as the government have said they are still actively looking at more. 
Looking a bit weak is a matter of opinion, not a fact.

• Members

Russian and Belarusian Paralympic athletes are suing the Olympics over not being allowed to compete in the Winter Paralympics

Good luck to the them but personally I don’t think they have a leg to stand on  

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, DaveTheRave said:

It actually isn't utter bollocks.

I have no issue with he/she/them btw.

Won't matter soon anyway because we'll all be dead in a few days when Russia nuke us.

What's the worst thing that happened to you when you referred to someone using the "wrong" pronoun?

Edited by Cheese

Just now, DaveTheRave said:

It actually isn't utter bollocks.

I have no issue with he/she/them btw.

Won't matter soon anyway because we'll all be dead in a few days when Russia nuke us.

apparently though, at least one poster on here is hoping that happens...

Just now, Cheese said:

What's the worst thing that happened to you when you referred to someone using the wrong pronoun?

They got their knickers in a twist.

2 minutes ago, Sweep said:

apparently though, at least one poster on here is hoping that happens...

At least if it happens I won't have to go to work anymore.

So make that two posters.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, DaveTheRave said:

They got their knickers in a twist.

At least if it happens I won't have to go to work anymore.

So make that two posters.

Oh. Then let's hope we all get vaporised so you don't have to suffer such trauma again.

3 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

You're not one of them.

What does that even mean? I have never served in the military - in fact I've detailed on several occasions how I'd have avoided military service by claiming to be gay, running away, taking drugs, saying I'd join the other side and brainwash the other conscripts into joining The Nation of Islam.

So you did see action 70 years ago?

1 minute ago, Cheese said:

Blokes who've spent their entire lives living in peace, calling the younger generations 'wokes' and 'wimps' who should be forced into National Service - all the while knowing they're too old to ever be called up themselves. Sums the state of this country up to a fucking tee.

They would claim to be gay, run away and hide in attics, overdose on their pills for their nerves, then abscond to Scotland, then claim they were gay and had sciatica and gout and were going blind like charlatan Eamonn Holmes - although he did serve in the IRA when younger.

1 hour ago, BobyBrno said:

Until we know the value of those figures, it’s  a meaningless comparison. The figures will also change as the government have said they are still actively looking at more. 
Looking a bit weak is a matter of opinion, not a fact.

Time is of the essence though. We are giving them chance to move assets.