Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Meanwhile in Israel

wanderer1984

31 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

Sorry to be pedantic but it is a two way responsibility, the Home Sec and the MoL together.

It's not, though

The MOL is the the Police and Crime Commissioner for London and the responsibility for holding the Met to account, as well as the setting of policing priorities, lies with his office

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

It's not, though

The MOL is the the Police and Crime Commissioner for London and the responsibility for holding the Met to account, as well as the setting of policing priorities, lies with his office

From the MET website:

The Commissioner is accountable in law for exercising police powers and to the Mayor’s Office for Policing and Crime (MOPAC) and is held to account for the delivery of policing by the Home Secretary and the Mayor of London. Both have a role in appointing the Commissioner, with the decision taken by the Home Secretary following consultation with the Mayor.

21 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

From the MET website:

The Commissioner is accountable in law for exercising police powers and to the Mayor’s Office for Policing and Crime (MOPAC) and is held to account for the delivery of policing by the Home Secretary and the Mayor of London. Both have a role in appointing the Commissioner, with the decision taken by the Home Secretary following consultation with the Mayor.

Fair enough

But the MOL has a greater, direct role

4 hours ago, Nowack said:

The cenotaph had an exclusion zone set up around it did it not? I know some areas were set aside for counter protesters nearby but the cenotaph was out of bounds. 

Not true the counter protestors were supposedly allowed to go to the cenotaph. 

The counterprotest groups would be permitted to be at the Cenotaph where the pro-Palestine marchers are banned, he added, because the former’s “sole purpose and their intention is to protect the sanctity of the Cenotaph and Remembrance. So I don’t anticipate there will be any disorder from that group.”

25 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Not true the counter protestors were supposedly allowed to go to the cenotaph. 

The counterprotest groups would be permitted to be at the Cenotaph where the pro-Palestine marchers are banned, he added, because the former’s “sole purpose and their intention is to protect the sanctity of the Cenotaph and Remembrance. So I don’t anticipate there will be any disorder from that group.”

Who is that quote from ? 

5 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Strange that they then tried to stop them 

What yesterday showed is that there are knob heads on both sides. But they do not represent the vast majority of people in the country who want a sustainable solution to the conflict and an end to innocents being killed. 

1 minute ago, Ani said:

What yesterday showed is that there are knob heads on both sides. But they do not represent the vast majority of people in the country who want a sustainable solution to the conflict and an end to innocents being killed. 

I agree knob heads boths sides but it’s clear only one side were targeted by the Met. And while both sides are dealt with differently then the anger from that group will continue and most probably lead to more trouble. 

3 hours ago, mickbrown said:

Braverman is a shit stirring arsehole and she got exactly what she wanted yesterday. 

Simple as that chaps. 

Aye

Imagine trying to attack a pro Palestine march & the police ( armed with knuckledusters & knives ) because a Tory told you it was a hate march.

Proper English patriot patriots 😂

Gullible fuckwits.

Now it’s Khan’s fault apparently, Christ.

The Met said before that no serious disruption was planned, they were right. They’ve found a minority of idiots and will likely identify them. Credit where it’s due 👍

Obviously a few lads Twitter feed on a footy forum know better though.

Edited by London Wanderer

15 minutes ago, Ani said:

👏

spot on.

this two tier policing argument is ridiculous.

2 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I agree knob heads boths sides but it’s clear only one side were targeted by the Met. And while both sides are dealt with differently then the anger from that group will continue and most probably lead to more trouble. 

The reality is mate that one side had a very high % of known 'lads'. Bit like on match day if you are in group of lads in Stone Island and Burberry caps you will get 'labelled' . 

You can hardly kettle 250000 people. 

Listening to some of the naive comments from the Palestine side it is pretty clear IMO that for a fair number of the protesters it is just this weeks fashionable protest. 

Based on the build up and rhetoric being spouted beforehand overall I think the policing was pretty ok , no major trouble. 

Gove is a total cunt for just turning up and happening to walk the Palestine protest IMO he knew just what he was doing. ( Me and Nadine Dorries agree on one thing!) 

• Site Supporter

I see the British Transport Police are looking for help identifying several people on both sides for disturbances that happened at various railway and underground stations. In this day and age why folk they think they can say and do anything they like is beyond me, they have been filmed from every angle.

2 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

I see the British Transport Police are looking for help identifying several people on both sides for disturbances that happened at various railway and underground stations. In this day and age why folk they think they can say and do anything they like is beyond me, they have been filmed from every angle.

2 have been named already. 

1 hour ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Agree 100% with this.

When one side has their legally owned homes and land seized by the other, and the world turns a blind eye, it will probably lead to more trouble.

16 minutes ago, ZiggyStardust said:

Agree 100% with this.

When one side has their legally owned homes and land seized by the other, and the world turns a blind eye, it will probably lead to more trouble.

This all reared up because Israel were talking with Saudi about peace and solving this issue. Hamas didn’t like that and murdered 1400 innocent Jews to make sure the peace talks ended… in short hamas prefers israel not to give stolen land back so they can continue to justify murdering Jews. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper