Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Covid-19

Spider

This is what the fkin idiots can’t seem to grasp. “But 98.7% recover” yes you cock end but many of them need hospital beds which could be used for other vulnerable folk, the same folk your previous tweet/Facebook post was about. “What about cancer victims, what about mental health” 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Mr Grey said:

They are Students (16-19 Yr olds) and generally at that age they develop their own views, attend debate societies etc... and tbh the majority are generally well mannered polite kids, some are cunts, but thats general across all age groups in society.

If they were walking the corridors having a fag, would that be ok?

• Site Supporter
50 minutes ago, royal white said:

This is what the fkin idiots can’t seem to grasp. “But 98.7% recover” yes you cock end but many of them need hospital beds which could be used for other vulnerable folk, the same folk your previous tweet/Facebook post was about. “What about cancer victims, what about mental health” 

I’d tip the cunts into the nearest skip

• Members
3 hours ago, Mr Grey said:

They are Students (16-19 Yr olds) and generally at that age they develop their own views, attend debate societies etc... and tbh the majority are generally well mannered polite kids, some are cunts, but thats general across all age groups in society.

Yet,  despite having no real qualifications, they think they know bette than the scientific advice being passed down.

Again, they sound like jumped up little cunts.

Little Sebastian cunts.

• Members
1 minute ago, Mr Grey said:

Wow it seems if people don't agree wit you Daz, they are c***s. Whoah be tide letting young people have their own views.

You almost sound like you're applauding them for ignoring the rules that we are all expected to follow.

• Members
4 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

No smoking inside buildings, you know that, stop being facetious.

But surely, if they've thought about it and have their own opinion and have come to the opinion they should smoke inside the building, then it's fine eh?

Got a light, Sebastian?

11 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Masks in schools/colleges are still a recommendation. 

It's a divisive issue, just be nice, if people want to wear a mask i don't have a problem, if people don't want to wear a mask, i also don't have a problem, hence i don't have a problem with Students who choose one of the other.

Reminder: Smoking is banned in schools, pubs, restaurants, stadiums and other public places, been like that for years.

Stop talking sense

• Site Supporter
28 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

It's a divisive issue, just be nice, if people want to wear a mask i don't have a problem, if people don't want to wear a mask, i also don't have a problem, hence i don't have a problem with Students who choose one of the other.

Reminder: Smoking is banned in schools, pubs, restaurants, stadiums and other public places, been like that for years.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/inews.co.uk/news/health/new-covid-rules-face-masks-in-secondary-schools-in-england-omicron-variant-1324012/amp

Looking at this there is without doubt some confusion. 

One sentence says mandatory, the next says "strongly advised unless exempt"

Well that is frankly stupid. Either the law says you do, or not.

Don't get it.

In all fairness, if folk aren't mandated to, then it is a choice.

If they are, then having their own views becomes irrelevant. 

• Site Supporter
38 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

You have no issue with your students using their mental capacity to question Covid masking rules but expect them to kowtow to smoking-in-buildings rules? 

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Mr Grey said:

I'm pretty sure Students know the smoking rules around College. Standard laws across the whole of the UK last time i looked.

And yes i don't have a problem with anyone wearing a mask or not wearing mask. 

But doesn’t Bojo tell us wearing a mask is “common sense”? 

• Members
9 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

I'm pretty sure Students know the smoking rules around College. Standard laws across the whole of the UK last time i looked.

And yes i don't have a problem with anyone wearing a mask or not wearing mask. 

Good to hear you have no problem with anyone who wants to wear a mask.

Anyway, if it becomes a law that your little Sebastians have to wear masks around the building and, after sitting around and doing some blue sky thinking, they decide they don't want to, will your views on them change?

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

I've seen you and loads of others in Football Grounds this season.

........ and on that basis the conclusion is, none of us have any common sense.

We weren’t discussing me and loads of others standing in a large outdoors area without masks, we’re discussing students, corridors, Covid and smoking.

6 minutes ago, L/H White said:

I'd wear a mask if asked and out of respect for others

Now I'm jabbed up, i'll not wear it by choice

I've also no issues with others if they choose to wear them or not

Selfish bloody NHS workers shirking masks again. 

As I'm now covid recovered I have natural antibodies so can't catch it for a few months. So if I can't catch it I can't transmit it. 

Reckon I'll sack wearing one if I haven't got one to hand. Won't be driving back home from the supermarket to pick one up like last time anyway... 

45 minutes ago, MickyD said:

We weren’t discussing me and loads of others standing in a large outdoors area without masks, we’re discussing students, corridors, Covid and smoking.

These kids are 18 at the oldest. It's been illegal to smoke indoors since they were 4 years old. They've know nowt else.

• Site Supporter
24 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

My views on Students are that they are young people growing up and forming their own opinions, some smell, some are a pain in the ar5*, some are polite etc... 

If the Law changes, that's up to management to enforce and monitor, and for Students to adhere to.

Teachers have definitely changed since I left school. I’m fairly sure back in the day teaching staff would never defend a pupil’s right to be a free thinker.

Maybe that’s where we’re going wrong. Should teachers be telling the ‘free thinkers’ their arguments are flawed or just wrong or should they stick with the current (it seems from the view of someone on the outside) softly softly approach to kids making their own rules up provided they are able to debate it and give a powerful argument. 

After all,  as teachers (and some parents) relaxed the rules at school and home, didn’t we see a rise in knife crime.

I stabbed him but I just meant it as a warning to show him I wasn’t someone to mess with…

Which was pretty much the recent plea against a murder charge from a 15 year old murderer in Great Lever

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Mr Grey said:

I work in a 6th Form College, and I'm hearing it's still a recommendation, we haven't put out any further guidance with regards to wearing masks, hence why management cannot force the issue.

Which is entirely fair enough. 

From the link, it does appear not to be properly mandatory. 

I had a chat with my lad earlier, his 6th form have insisted masks on at all times. Compliance is not an issue. I do think the ethos is set by heads etc, and that will inevitably vary. That's why the measures must be unequivocal if they want consistency.

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

These kids are 18 at the oldest. It's been illegal to smoke indoors since they were 4 years old. They've know nowt else.

I wasn’t arguing for their rights, I was pointing out a teacher perhaps shouldn’t applaud a student’s ability to argue against and ignore school rules if they aren’t allowed to argue against and ignore every single rule. 

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, MickyD said:

I wasn’t arguing for their rights, I was pointing out a teacher perhaps shouldn’t applaud a student’s ability to argue against and ignore school rules if they aren’t allowed to argue against and ignore every single rule. 

You're right, though the issue seems that it might not actually be mandatory at the moment. Until that's cleared up, then some will seek to challenge to measures. Rightly or wrongly.