Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Covid-19

Spider

• Members
25 minutes ago, DazBob said:

Just seen BWFC's tweet from yesterday saying anyone going in the club shop must wear a mask.

Jesus Christ, the replies to it.

A particular favourite was "I'll not be going in then."

Can we get rid of some of our fans. Like ethnic cleansing without the genocide 

• Members
7 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

I must ask those who feel so strong about wearing the mask would you confront someone not wearing one and tell them just  curious

btw I’m not an anti masker myself 

They don’t listen to the government they ain’t going to listen to Dave in the street

• Members
12 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

I must ask those who feel so strong about wearing the mask would you confront someone not wearing one and tell them just  curious

btw I’m not an anti masker myself 

Probably not. It'd be a waste of my time arguing with a retard.

• Site Supporter

People not wearing a mask actively want folk to challenge them I reckon.

They feel a bit special, a bit rebellious, like they have knowledge others don’t (that they read on Facebook).

Leave them to it.

Fortunately it seems a majority of Brits still know how to be team players or, at the very least, are not that desperate for attention.

Its down to poor potty training.

• Members
Just now, Spider said:

People not wearing a mask actively want folk to challenge them I reckon.

They feel a bit special, a bit rebellious, like they have knowledge others don’t (that they read on Facebook).

Leave them to it.

Fortunately it seems a majority of Brits still know how to be team players or, at the very least, are not that desperate for attention.

Its down to poor potty training.

I still wear a nappy. 2 kids innit. 

• Site Supporter
6 hours ago, boltondiver said:

I see mask wearing has helped China

😁

Might have.

5 hours ago, stevieb said:

40k cases a day of delta and we were just cracking on

14 cases of omicron and we're all flapping and bringing back restrictions because the news said so

Clown. World. 

You understand full well the reasoning behind it. At one time there were no cases of the delta variant here.

It's nowt to do with the "news" neither- they are just responding to the decision.

Media response to a lot of things is shocking though at times, and in this case that's no different. They love to overblow things.

13 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Might have.

My point was that it broke out of a highly secure lab, so I wonder how difference they make.

I do trust Van Tam, though.

At the moment they dont believe this omnicron to be a threat in terms of those vaccinated getting seriously ill I don’t believe.  I think that shows by krankies statement today. She has been the one at the forefront of harsher restrictions and has said nothing additional up here at present. If they were worried she would be shutting us down into higher tiers again immediately 

I think their concern is the unvaccinated and whether it makes them ill enough to warrant hospital treatment and thus overcrowds the hospitals due to this thing spreading more quickly . Which if it does as has been pointed out should be a good thing if it’s following the path of other viruses as it will weaken itself. That’s my twopenneth. 

In reality it’s based on nothing concrete whatsoever which to be fair is the same as 99.999% of people despite their protestations. 

• Site Supporter
12 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

My point was that it broke out of a highly secure lab, so I wonder how difference they make.

I do trust Van Tam, though.

Therein is an immediate problem. That isn't accepted as the "cause" by the who and other groups and is only a possibility, with some supporting evidence.

A useful article here, which sheds light onto the whole situation.

https://www.newscientist.com/definition/coronavirus-come-lab/

Edited by Tonge moor green jacket

33 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Might have.

You understand full well the reasoning behind it. At one time there were no cases of the delta variant here.

It's nowt to do with the "news" neither- they are just responding to the decision.

Media response to a lot of things is shocking though at times, and in this case that's no different. They love to overblow things.

We haven't just gone from alpha delta omicron. 

We've had a whole range of variants of concern and variants under observation. Published weekly by PHE. Not a blip from the media. 

Now every man and his dog jumps on omicron. 

Seems legit. 

11 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

I would say 90% plus of those I’ve seen without them on have been <30. The bulk of the remainder >60

Oh I'd say younger people in groups aren't wearing them certainly, but the ones making the big scene are usually middle aged men giving grief to some poor Saturday retail staff.

Having said that, barbers today, I was the only one in a mask. Took it off for the hair cut, fucker nearly took my ear off combing through my earrings!

• Site Supporter
21 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

At the moment they dont believe this omnicron to be a threat in terms of those vaccinated getting seriously ill I don’t believe.  I think that shows by krankies statement today. She has been the one at the forefront of harsher restrictions and has said nothing additional up here at present. If they were worried she would be shutting us down into higher tiers again immediately 

I think their concern is the unvaccinated and whether it makes them ill enough to warrant hospital treatment and thus overcrowds the hospitals due to this thing spreading more quickly . Which if it does as has been pointed out should be a good thing if it’s following the path of other viruses as it will weaken itself. That’s my twopenneth. 

In reality it’s based on nothing concrete whatsoever which to be fair is the same as 99.999% of people despite their protestations. 

Just don’t treat those unvaccinated (medical expeditions aside)

Its dead simple. That means we can lift all the restrictions then and duck it off altogether.

Most antivaxxers are of the opinion that their own immune system is all they need, so they won’t be turning up at the hospital anyway.

Been said before, it’s a pandemic of the unvaxxed now. Fuck ‘em.