Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Covid-19

Spider

• Site Supporter
11 hours ago, Zico said:

That link doesn't make any reference to pangolins once 

I suspect they're part of the whole initial cover up suggestion as to how this got into circulation 

Am open minded on the whole thing but as said, that investigative journalist certainly seems to have put some serious effort into figuring it out. 

The mers in Saudi probably came from bats too, regardless of it was via a lab

I wasn't referring to your link, just the general opinions shared by experts of possible routes for the virus coming from bats to people. 

• Site Supporter
12 hours ago, Dimron said:

I think we need to realise we cannot ignore the public health of third world countries in our new world of mass air travel and globalisation, I recall Gordon Brown was making the point few weeks ago,

It isn't being ignored.

The very nature of these countries means access to people isn't as easy as driving down the m6 in a refrigerated lorry. Difficulties illustrated only recently on appeal by msf. The requirement for cold storage (Pfizer in particular) makes the process slow. Then factor in human nature- how many will take it?

Mustn't be easy convincing folk with little or no understanding of the illness- can't do that with swathes here, who should know better.

• Moderators
12 hours ago, Dimron said:

I think we need to realise we cannot ignore the public health of third world countries in our new world of mass air travel and globalisation, I recall Gordon Brown was making the point few weeks ago,

Bill Gates is on the case 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CXlFEvBoDie/?utm_medium=copy_link

13 hours ago, Dimron said:

Gordon Brown ....its my turn to be PM now now now now 

was a waste of space he was 

he spent more money then a BIRD at a NEXT sale 

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Rudy said:

I was there this week I’d say it was 50/50 on the underground who was wearing a mask so that stat doesn’t surprise me 

Really? We was there earlier this month and I would say 80%+ was wearing one.

No surprise it spreads like fuck in London though with every fucker crammed on tubes and buses.

36 minutes ago, Rudy said:

God Bless the whites

Exactly why is it good? Firstly, I know Mounts has only just heard thus but this has been a huge campaign since the start of vaccinations to get ethnic minority groups in London to take up the vaccine as it is a big problem. And the main reason it is is that many of these groups have a huge distrust of the government and therefore reject being told by them to do anything, and whilst I don't agree in this case, I don't blame them inherently for not trusting our political parties or authorities which have, in many cases, historically let them down. 

So yes, it's a huge problem but it's again not as simple as Mpunts makes out