Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Scummy food that hits the spot

bolton_blondie

They donated loads to a foodbank at the 1st lockdown...

So many they couldn't store them all so flogged some instead, £5er for a big box, volunteers had first refusal.

My mate bought some and couldn't store them all so gave me a few dozen, they're still in ziplocs in my big standup American freezer, I'll let you have them if I commit another murder and need the freezer empty.

they changed the recipe from salt and fat and changed it to modified soy and insect chitin . 

impossibug burger. 

like that eighties horror film about that pop made from alien honey or piss or whatever it were. 

forgot its name (it was about a ice cream style pudding). but theyre not even hiding it now

the black guy from 2 broke girls that talks to the deaf were in it. 

"coke zero. all the taste , 100% more metal salts discovered by accident in a old tin mine to replace that unhealthy sugar... it totally wont give you cancer, even though we only discovered it four days ago"

Edited by e2e4
typos

• Site Supporter
12 hours ago, Rudy said:

Had a plant based whopper from burger king yesterday. Was surprisingly good. 

It’s the future Jerry 

A friend of mine and MrsD’s owns and runs a plant-based vegan food delivery/takeaway kitchen based at Bradshaw Cricket Club. We occasionally eat there; burgers, hot dogs, calamari, chilli con carne, etc.

Two things:

Why do vegans like to dress their plant based food to look like the animal based stuff?

Why does it taste so bloody good? Seriously, try some sometime, you may be pleasantly surprised. 

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, MickyD said:

A friend of mine and MrsD’s owns and runs a plant-based vegan food delivery/takeaway kitchen based at Bradshaw Cricket Club. We occasionally eat there; burgers, hot dogs, calamari, chilli con carne, etc.

Two things:

Why do vegans like to dress their plant based food to look like the animal based stuff?

Why does it taste so bloody good? Seriously, try some sometime, you may be pleasantly surprised. 

I generally think that's for converts or folk dabbling, sort of like transitional 

No self respecting vegan would go to burger king or kfc  

When in Japan we stayed at a Buddhist temple for a couple of nights, vegan food all the way, and it was all fairly bland and dull in it's presentation and flavour, they'd do well to get some vegan sausage rolls in from gregs

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Zico said:

I generally think that's for converts or folk dabbling, sort of like transitional 

No self respecting vegan would go to burger king or kfc  

Lynda McCartney’s range is all about sausages and slices of bacon.

Regards to vegans going to KFC or BK, I agree. At least this friend of mine has a vegan kitchen which doesn’t suddenly become a cooking establishment for meaty stuff.

• Moderators
1 minute ago, MickyD said:

Lynda McCartney’s range is all about sausages and slices of bacon.

Aye, someone who's always eaten meat may be more likely to try eating healthier if it's a passed of as bacon rather than a carrot

Not that meat eaters have a monopoly on sausage content like

You could call meatballs something like 'meat sprouts' if you wanted 

We get plant shwarma kebab, vegan Donner meat in, very nice it is too (but no substitute for the real thing when pissed)

• Members
3 minutes ago, MickyD said:

I love the glib response I once heard, ‘salad is what my food eats!’

Love a old school salad. Iceberg lettuce (not the fancy stuff) toms, red onion, cucumber, sliced egg, beetroot, coleslaw, new potatos, ham/chicken and a slice of pork pie with salad cream. 90% of meals in summer when I lived at home. 

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, bolton_blondie said:

Love a old school salad. Iceberg lettuce (not the fancy stuff) toms, red onion, cucumber, sliced egg, beetroot, coleslaw, new potatos, ham/chicken and a slice of pork pie with salad cream. 90% of meals in summer when I lived at home. 

Note you haven’t listed radish or cress. What is the point in either?

• Members
37 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Two things:

I think it’s to appeal to people to get them to try it. I’m only a veggie doubt I would ever become vegan, can’t beat real leather s&m gear. 
 It tastes great because it’s has its flavour is packed  with spices and flavourings. That’s what made me turn veggie, it’s never the taste of the meat I like it’s the sauce or spices that goes with it that I like. But yeah no vegan is going to Burger King or KFC because they don’t agree with their practices 

• Members
44 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Two things:

How do you do vegan calamari? It's just onion rings isn't it? 🤣

Many vegetarians/vegans etc like the taste of meat, but don't eat it on moral grounds.

So to have something that looks like and tastes a little bit what they actually like to eat is a bonus, hence the amount of non-meat version of the real thing.

In fairness, although both shite, a Quorn nugget tastes better than a McDonalds one.