Football Ventures

Mounts Kipper

• Site Supporter
14 minutes ago, Zico said:

All time PL table has us 19th 

For those who like their football pre 1992 we're 13th in the all time table 

And that's with us yo-yo-ing from top to bottom  

Currently on the way back up 

Absolutely no reason to think we won't be back in the top flight within 10 years 

Yes, definitely the occasional promotion charge. Our top-half finish Premier League years weren't "natural". They were down to Eddie Davies' spunk.

Edited by Cheese

• Site Supporter
10 minutes ago, Zico said:

All time PL table has us 19th 

For those who like their football pre 1992 we're 13th in the all time table 

And that's with us yo-yo-ing from top to bottom  

Currently on the way back up 

Absolutely no reason to think we won't be back in the top flight within 10 years 

Agree with the last bit, but I think those historical figures are just that and perhaps a bit outdated.

Prem clubs now are tending towards ground extensions and huge capacities.

Can't help feeling that with the sky money or not, we would struggle against such gate receipts.

The likes of Brighton, Coventry, Derby all have bigger capacities, albeit not massively so, but purely on max attendances then we'd be quite some way down the list.

Which is why the likes of Brentford give hope- a well run club can compete at the top level. Which gives belief that FV could go beyond the championship. It might take a while-building gradually as we are now- but it would be a joy to be part of.

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Agree with the last bit, but I think those historical figures are just that and perhaps a bit outdated.

Can't help feeling that with the sky money or not, we would struggle against such gate receipts.

The likes of Brighton, Coventry, Derby all have bigger capacities, albeit not massively so, but purely on max attendances then we'd be quite some way down the list.

Which is why the likes of Brentford give hope- a well run club can compete at the top level. Which gives belief that FV could go beyond the championship. It might take a while-building gradually as we are now- but it would be a joy to be part of.

I look at the pl and see nothing we can't compete with right now bar rich owners spunking cash

Burnley

Luton

Sheff Utd 

Forest 

Palace 

Bournemouth 

Brentford 

Fulham

Brighton

Same goes for most the championship 

Don't get me wrong 

I don't think we're better than them or deserve to be above them

But football is cyclical and for clubs like us we have good spells and shit spells 

They'll all be in the championship again soon enough

7 minutes ago, Zico said:

I look at the pl and see nothing we can't compete with right now bar rich owners spunking cash

Burnley

Luton

Sheff Utd 

Forest 

Palace 

Bournemouth 

Brentford 

Fulham

Brighton

Don't get me wrong 

But football is cyclical and for clubs like us we have good spells and shit spells 

Stop telling us we are full of history. We prefer the narrative of we are lucky to exist and punching in division 3😂

• Site Supporter
13 hours ago, Zico said:

Burnley

Luton

Sheff Utd 

Forest 

Palace 

Bournemouth 

Brentford 

Fulham

Brighton

Don't get me wrong 

Yep. 

Now that ffp seems to be being taken more seriously, the effect of rich owners is reduced, which is good.

As the cheddar one says, competence will still count, and maybe more so.

Hopefully fv would stay on if they can see the club continuing to evolve, whilst maintaining a healthy financial state.

On 22/02/2024 at 04:20, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Don't forget they knocked on the door for a few years and sold a striker a year for £50m before they went up. Moved in to a new ground too. Built foundations to succeed and much better placed than the likes of Forest or Luton 

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, Flannel Truscott said:

Don't forget they knocked on the door for a few years and sold a striker a year for £50m before they went up. Moved in to a new ground too. Built foundations to succeed and much better placed than the likes of Forest or Luton 

Exactly as we seem to be doing. 

Might take a while, but it is refreshing.