Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

9 hours ago, Sluffy said:

I kept saying 'we' as a reference to those of us of a certain age, or older.  No doubt one day you will take a moment out to wonder on the changes you've seen during your lifetime and reflect on the things that are now commonplace that hadn't been around when you were growing up.  The point I was really trying to make though was that society too as also changed and moved on in that time and what was considered the 'right thing to do' back then is often no longer how society works today and thus some of us (myself included) have values that may well have become outdated and even ridiculed by todays generation but still mean much to us.

I like to think in the main I can accept it, my world as been changed to one that has been shaped by what my children's generation wanted, and in turn their children is changing yet again as they come of age and influence and adapt it.

I would like to think I've not played any part in Howard withdrawing from the site but I can understand why Chris was concerned about the detail of some of the things he read from H, as the devil is contained within it, or so the saying goes.

Maybe, probably, social media is not suited to the discussion of such minutiae - indeed places like Twitter and FB is often full of 'whoppers' that are told which people seemingly believe without question.  Similarly social media doesn't seem to deal well with people who disagree with the general consensus  - they are often blocked, abused, threatened (rape and even death threats made - as per the lady who started the Stop Brexit Petition), - and all over something someone said on the ether.

Chris was probably best to flag up his concern about some of the detail said by H, and left it at that.  Maybe H over reacted a bit and simply should have ignored or blocked him (and anyone else he was running out of patience with), maybe too many harsh words have been posted about Chris since H seemingly walked away, and certainly several unnecessary, embarrassing  and petulant posts from Chris since then, should probably not have been sent - which as cheapened his virtuous aim of simply seeking to bottom out the facts of the matter.

I don't think anyone wins over this spat.

If he doesn't return then I'd very much like to thank H for his input over the last two weeks, certainly educational, informative and for me at least, highly entertaining and enthralling .  As for Chris I do continue to have a great deal of respect for him and his intent to seek out a clear understanding of things but perhaps for him (and myself) our day is past and the norm of today is to accept things at face value and not to question to much what social media 'influencers' say?

I do hope, think, believe that H has been right all along (in the most part anyway) but maybe some/Chris simply wanted absolute certainty of it?

Was that really such a bad thing to want?

Boby Brno - fwiw it seems clear to me that Chris isn't defending KA per se but defending the honour and integrity of the accountants/auditors and their honesty and professionalism, in the compiling and certifying of the books at the club.

Sorry if I've let you down, Sluffy,  for not ignoring Howard in accusing me of being straight-laced or Darrener coming on WW and talking about a round of golf whilst accusing me of being a boring prick. When you've had chance to think about the summary I've sent you, I'd be interested to know your thoughts on Peter Reid.

When Howard mentioned he was in PR I thought..

*Anderson uses PR a heck of a lot

*Anderson has consistently shown that he is sensitive to stuff written about him on social media 

*Anderson likes to control the narrative

*Wouldn't it be just like Anderson to instruct his PR guy to get involved in local social media and take control of what's being said?

Sure we can all be skeptical and suspicious, but the reality is we simply don't know what is happening behind closed doors, so we shouldn't get too hung up on what people write in forums and there's no point in making it personal because nobody really knows who we are talking to or what they're about. It's like shouting at the car when it won't start - pointless.

12 hours ago, Spider said:

Are we just going to let this slip by unnoticed??

i know there’s a load of lurkers about who’ve suddenly realised twitter and Facebook are asylums, but surely we can’t simply allow “mistry” go unchallenged?

whats happened round here?

Oh you must have thought I meant mystery.. no the new bidder is called mr mistry ,he’s got a curry house in farnworth...thought you would have known that,seeing how your quick to pick up on things..

• Site Supporter
55 minutes ago, Chris Custodiet said:

Sorry if I've let you down, Sluffy,  for not ignoring Howard in accusing me of being straight-laced or Darrener coming on WW and talking about a round of golf whilst accusing me of being a boring prick. When you've had chance to think about the summary I've sent you, I'd be interested to know your thoughts on Peter Reid.

Yaaaaaawwwwwwwnnnnnnnn

27 minutes ago, Hoppy510 said:

When Howard mentioned he was in PR I thought..

*Anderson uses PR a heck of a lot

*Anderson has consistently shown that he is sensitive to stuff written about him on social media 

*Anderson likes to control the narrative

*Wouldn't it be just like Anderson to instruct his PR guy to get involved in local social media and take control of what's being said?

Sure we can all be skeptical and suspicious, but the reality is we simply don't know what is happening behind closed doors, so we shouldn't get too hung up on what people write in forums and there's no point in making it personal because nobody really knows who we are talking to or what they're about. It's like shouting at the car when it won't start - pointless.

So you think Howard painted KA in a positive light ?(bearing in mind how thin skinned ken is)

Last paragraph fair comment.

33 minutes ago, Take Hunt Off said:

So you think Howard painted KA in a positive light ?(bearing in mind how thin skinned ken is)

Last paragraph fair comment.

If Howard had come on and said the sun shines out of Anderson's ass nobody would have believed a word of it would they? Equally, he didn't exactly assassinate Anderson either. What he did achieve was to provide a narrative that basically said "don't worry" which has had the effect of minimising anti-Anderson vitriole which otherwise might well have kicked off.

PR job done.

But no - on balance I don't believe he is Anderson's man although it is a possibility. I just used it as an example to illustrate the point.

It's a fair point as Anderson's press releases have been increasingly bordering on the desperately paranoid recently - compared to the lengthy self-serving drivel he was doshing up about a year ago. Any as I said, I only used it as an example of how little we really know and therefore why we shouldn't get too wound up about it.

• Site Supporter
12 minutes ago, HR said:

Thought Mr Holliday was given such tasks. 

11 minutes ago, Chris Custodiet said:

Exactamundo.

Isn't that the advantage of a user name? Howard may not actually be called Howard.

I love the fact people think a man worth £9m with business interests all over the gaff and is currently trying broker a multi million pound deal would go to the trouble of trying to influence a couple of hundred whoppers on a football forum whilst sat on his balcony overlooking the Monaco harbour. 

Jesus wept.

Last few pages of this.

Howard doesn't like being questioned, spits dummy out and takes ball home. Won't share any info with the majority due to the actions of a few.

The few still remain and continue to chat shit like the rest of us do.

So many people clamouring to kiss Howard's arse.

Whilst I'm thankful for any reasoned and structured input from people, H made it clear from the start he had an agenda by visiting us on what was always going to be temporary basis. Perhaps the recent questioning of his statements have provided him with a definable exit point or perhaps the acceptance of this last bid was his get-out anyway.

The site will continue with or without and there'll be some form of silver lining somewhere if he stays away.

• Site Supporter
14 minutes ago, Chris Custodiet said:

If he was called Paul and employed by Ken he's not likely to be briefing against Ken, is he?

That's the thing; anonymity means you know nothing at about him; name, real occupation, employer, nothing. You can guess but you won't even know if your guesses are correct unless he tells you. I'm going to guess he won't.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Hoppy510 said:

If Howard had come on and said the sun shines out of Anderson's ass nobody would have believed a word of it would they? Equally, he didn't exactly assassinate Anderson either. What he did achieve was to provide a narrative that basically said "don't worry" which has had the effect of minimising anti-Anderson vitriole which otherwise might well have kicked off.

PR job done.

But no - on balance I don't believe he is Anderson's man although it is a possibility. I just used it as an example to illustrate the point.

You've missed the point by 180 degrees