Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Manly Clothing thread

Rudy

• Site Supporter
34 minutes ago, MickyD said:

I’m not convinced that 1k coat is better value than 10 x £100 coats.

Depends what you want I suppose. Wouldn't touch a £1000 coat, and to be honest apart from a couple of goretex walking coats, wouldnt pay £100 for something just to knock around in. Work wear may be different depending upon requirements. 

10 coats you would imagine would last longer than 1, but if its not what you want what does it matter?

Pay what you want if you can afford it.

Certainly wouldnt don anything expensive for the football- be too bothered about getting someone's ale/bovril/ or some such on it from the seats etc!

• Site Supporter

Slim fit Levi's for jeans. Usually pick them up cheap from Macy's every few years and was supposed to be going this year but that's fucked off now.

Adidas trainers usually and I like Hugo Boss, Fred Perry and Lacoste polo's but also have plenty no name cheap polos for every day wear.

I am a tight cunt obviously, I have never paid more than 100 quid on one item of clothing ever (not counting suits)

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, gonzo said:

You can buy 10 nissan micras for the price of an audi saloon.

If each Micra lasted a couple of years that’d be 20 years of driving. No more than half a dozen from the Audi? 

A car takes me from a to b. Audi, Nissan, makes no odds to me.

• Members
4 minutes ago, MickyD said:

If each Micra lasted a couple of years that’d be 20 years of driving. No more than half a dozen from the Audi? 

Each to their own and all that, but a car has to be right for me, especially if I’m driving it everyday 

20 minutes ago, MickyD said:

But you understand why people might want a nicer model?

3 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

I own 4 pairs, all Levi's, but rarely wear them as not been out in ages

Find that the boot cut ones tend to wear and rip to the rear and look tatty

Might just start tucking them in

Get them tailored. All my jeans before I wear them round to the tailor have them taken up to exactly the right length. Stops all the chewed back plus  makes them look better. Ten quid a pair and worth every penny 

I spent a lot more on clothes 15 years ago than I do now. 

I like the odd nice piece but the days of spending £400- £500 on a jumper are long gone 

In general slightly more expensive clothes do last IMO. Keep shape better etc. Label or not

Some mid range are pap tho; Hugo Boss suits and smart shoes last about 3 wears so fuck them off no matter the cost. Utter shite 

Edited by jules_darby

• Site Supporter
53 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Each to their own and all that, but a car has to be right for me, especially if I’m driving it everyday 

42 minutes ago, gonzo said:

But you understand why people might want a nicer model?

I get all of that and if business travel was my day’s work I’d want the Audi or BMW, etc but my point stands, you can get an item for your cash or many items for your cash. That isn’t to say shop at Poundworld and Primark though.

3 minutes ago, MickyD said:

I get all of that and if business travel was my day’s work I’d want the Audi or BMW, etc but my point stands, you can get an item for your cash or many items for your cash. That isn’t to say shop at Poundworld and Primark though.

I drive a nice car, wear nice clothes and shop at lidl, home bargains, Poundland etc. 

4 hours ago, jules_darby said:

I bought that same one in grey last year for a cheap(ish) work coat. I really like it 👍🏻

Doesn’t all have to be swanky brands 

This is me being a swanky bugger. If you can spend a grand on yourself and your clothes, good luck to you but its way out of my wage, and indeed what I want to spend any spare cash on. I'm lucky, loads of decent shops, away from the obvious labels, that sell decent clothes in London. 

• Members
5 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Apprentice cone collector haven’t seen many of them advertised😀

Technically he’s a graduate in sports science rehabilitation. He’s a gobshite so he’s known as the apprentice 

16 hours ago, frank_spencer said:

Edwin, preferably the Made in Japan ones if i can get em at a decent price.

Treating my self to a pair of Hebtroco ones for Christmas, made in Hebden Bridge from Italian denim.

I've been eyeing up their moleskin efforts but I fear their idea of straight leg is akin to massive flares