Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Amateur Surgery...

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, little whitt said:

it was up there with the pain i felt 

when i tride to put a SPARKLER out in my MOUTH twice cause it didn't go out first time nor the Second 

that Fucking Hurt Too let me tell you 

Did you grow up in a circus?

Super glued my thumb onto a plastic trim when working aloft in the rain. I was well stuck and had to use my Stanley knife to slice the skin off. There's a bit of me up on that roof 🙂

Edited by Dimron

• Members
35 minutes ago, little whitt said:

it was up there with the pain i felt 

when i tride to put a SPARKLER out in my MOUTH twice cause it didn't go out first time nor the Second 

that Fucking Hurt Too let me tell you 

Did you never have Nelephant come into school before bommy night to tell you never to touch the hot end of sparklers and to put your rockets in a quality street tin?! 🤣🤣🤣

1 minute ago, bolton_blondie said:

So anyway talking about medical stuff, had a fella 'accidentally' fall onto a large item and tore his anus that bad it was stitched back together. Referal came through and not one of us believed the dirty bugger. 

Had you met @little whittbefore that point? 

Dug in under a tooth and popped an abscess with the pin bit of a name badge. Ended up infected obviously but stopped the pain. 

Had a nightmare of an ingrowing hair on the top of my leg, swelled up like a fucker. Sliced the lump with a Stanley knife so all puss could ooze out then had to burrow in for the offending hair with some tweezers. 

• Site Supporter
3 hours ago, MickyD said:

A whole new subject

Things you've said to a professional which was funny as fuck in your head...

While seeing medical staff for a pre- operation chat prior to my vasectomy they asked if i wanted a general.  Quick as  a flash I replied I'd rather have a surgeon. 

Tumbleweed 

Broke and dislocated a finger , the nurse putting in a splint told me it would be out of shape a little when set but fully useable 

asked her “ will I be able to play the piano when this splint comes off ? “

Oh yes she said , no problem 

I replied, that’s funny, I can’t now ...

I thought I was funny as fuck, she smiled a little but mainly gave me a “ shut the fuck up nob head” sort of look. 

1 hour ago, Dimron said:

I've always fancied having a go at doing a filling, you can buy all the kit on the internet.

Trouble is I'll get carried away and drill on until I come out of the top of the head

i have a filling i need doing 

where do i get such a kit

1 hour ago, Dimron said:

I've always fancied having a go at doing a filling, you can buy all the kit on the internet.

Trouble is I'll get carried away and drill on until I come out of the top of the head

5 minutes ago, little whitt said:

Dimron, here’s your chance 

Got a mate to try to remove a wart on my elbow in primary school by hitting a sharpened pencil into it with a book. Ended up running out of the classroom crying my eyes out and you can still see a bit of snapped off lead under the skin years later.

46 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Dug in under a tooth and popped an abscess with the pin bit of a name badge. Ended up infected obviously but stopped the pain. 

Had a nightmare of an ingrowing hair on the top of my leg, swelled up like a fucker. Sliced the lump with a Stanley knife so all puss could ooze out then had to burrow in for the offending hair with some tweezers. 

Had an ingrowing hair on my Adam's apple - thought I was a gonner. It was huge. I'm writing my will and trying to make amends. It popped in shock. What a tit.

1 hour ago, Traf said:

Dimron, here’s your chance 

1 hour ago, gonzo said:

As long as Gonzo can be my dental nurse... sounds like a team

1 hour ago, little whitt said:

Buy some lignocaine to knock out the nerve, drill out the crumbly bits with a dremil and re-point with some two pack

Jobs a good un

2 hours ago, little whitt said:

its just a big hole 

just needs filling with something 

Decorators Caulk might do it

that should be more than adequate for the job, but I think using a bit of "no nails" would be better, as it's a lot stronger, and will dry quicker

Not amateur surgery but an amateur surgeon. I had been really ill for a few days in Iraq with a sore arse (ended up being a perianal abscess). Got flown to the main hospital in Baghdad, lads all around me with war wounds and I had a sore arse 🤦‍♂️ Anyway at this stage I’m going in and out of consciousness, the Drs had no idea what was wrong with me so decided to take my appendix out, just Incase it was that. Which it wasn’t, and which then became infected. It’s was another 24hrs before they found the abscess. They’re not much fun!