Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Barnsley (H) - Play-Off 1st Leg

Cheese

• The topic was unpinned

As mentioned, the atmosphere was the best I can remember it. Really pleased everyone brought their A game in that respect.

Can’t help but think the heat stifled us a little. It was fucking hot just stood watching in ESL, so doing 10k plus in it must’ve been difficult. Especially for someone like Bradley with the high energy sprints. I feel the game was calling for MJ over Morley just before they scored, we needed more bite in midfield. 

All to play for on Friday. Our away form the back end of the season has been excellent and we seem to play better against teams that try to play us at our own game rather than sit back. 

Regardless of what happens though… what a season. It’s been some ride. 

• Site Supporter
11 minutes ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

I created a diversion by telling them you were at the cinema 😁

You fool! I WAS at the cinema, OBVIOUSLY! I wondered why all those fat old red-faced blokes invaded screen 2 in the middle of Guardians of the Galaxy 3. Thank fuck I was wearing my C3P0 mask.

Edited by Cheese

6 hours ago, Le Howfen said:

Can’t help but think the heat stifled us a little. It was fucking hot just stood watching in ESL, so doing 10k plus in it must’ve been difficult

Did my usual trick of sitting in front of some irritating dickhead. Slagged the team off loudly all match. Shouting ‘For Christ’s sake!’ at any slight mistake. Then it was ‘Look at them! They’re drinking! They’ve only been out 20 minutes!’ Apoplectic, he was.

When I eventually lost my rag with the prick and turned round to have ‘a word’ he was a chubby gobshite who’d never run 20’ in his life, let alone 20 minutes in heat.

Edited by fishbulb

• Site Supporter
53 minutes ago, fishbulb said:

Did my usual trick of sitting in front of some irritating dickhead. Slagged the team off loudly all match. Shouting ‘For Christ’s sake!’ at any slight mistake. Then it was ‘Look at them! They’re drinking! They’ve only been out 20 minutes!’ Apoplectic, he was.

When I eventually list my rag with the prick and turned round to have ‘a word’ he was a chubby gobshite who’d never run 20’ in his life, let alone 20 minutes in heat.

I had a similar experience. 

A pissed up chap adjacent, full of criticism who proceeded to (inadvertently in fairness) phlob all over the woman in front when we scored. She was in tears.

He was apologetic, but just unable to control his faculties. 

2 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I had a similar experience. 

A pissed up chap adjacent, full of criticism who proceeded to (inadvertently in fairness) phlob all over the woman in front when we scored. She was in tears.

He was apologetic, but just unable to control his faculties. 

to your left or your right?

• Moderators
On 14/05/2023 at 09:17, kent_white said:

If we play like we can play - we'll tonk Barnsley of Friday. If we dont, we won't.

Simple as that really. We didn't turn up at all yesterday. Still fancy us on Friday though. 

They'll say the thing after some of their home wins this season 

Tight nervy affair or end to end goal fest

Something will have to give at some point