Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Glastonbury 2023

Zico

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Smiley said:

It’s definitely a varied offering. Gutted they didn’t cover the Avalon stage last night though. 11.05pm, The Damned, sure there’d be enough folk wanting to watch that! More than fucking FLO! Got to rely on some amateur YouTube footage instead.

You should go one year. It's mind blowing.

1 hour ago, stevieb said:

His tics have become more pronounced since he admitted he's got a problem. 

Same with my Mrs. It's debilitating as fuck for her. The fact he gets on stage at all is to be admired. 

Aye

Great to see the crowd carrying him through. Hope he finds a way to make it work and that things improve for your Mrs.

Think it’s a sign language around mental health is improving, ten years ago and the headlines would have been he’s needing time out after a breakdown .

4 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

Aye

Great to see the crowd carrying him through. Hope he finds a way to make it work and that things improve for your Mrs.

Think it’s a sign language around mental health is improving, ten years ago and the headlines would have been he’s needing time out after a breakdown .

I like him. He's got good bants

We've both been in tears watching him tonight. 

He's banging Glasto... I'd just like her to be able to unscrew a milk carton without spazzing out like the old days. 

1 minute ago, Spider said:

Started at half nine. And on time!

Currently doing a velvet revolver song 🤟🤟🤟🤟

Still watching Rick - How Soon Is Now… can’t quit this - its hitting the best bits!! Not fussed about some of the GNR bits from CD or UYI1&2.

• Moderators
37 minutes ago, Cheese said:

He's already won Glastonbury 2023. The most entertaining yet humble act by A LONG WAY.

Probably Humble because he's a meme  these days and not even a musical act, more a novelty 

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Did you watch him? He was fucking brilliant.

No but I will 

Point was, he would never have got Glastonbury in his prime and now he's more famous for being an internet meme then a singer 

If he was a cunt with it he wouldn't have got an invite 

I know more of his songs than blossoms though to be fair

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, Zico said:

No but I will 

Point was, he would never have got Glastonbury in his prime 

I dunno, but does that not say more about Glasonbury than him

I dunno really, but it feels like its changed to me...id not go if it was free and i got to sleep in my own bed... more folk who have popular rather than 'worthy' no pun intended, music

If im reet, its changed for the better

Imo

I like a bit of Rick. Plays guitar. Plays drums. Sings (and mainly does that very well). Writes his own stuff. Swears. Has banter with the crowd between songs. He’s lived a very good life. (My cousin once had him come around with a tape of his early recordings before he met SAW…. My cousin was into proper old school rock - Deep Purple, etc, etc - so probably didn’t give Rick the time of day).

Edited by Smiley

51 minutes ago, Spider said:

Guns n roses are making Artic Monkeys look like something you see get voted off X Factor

Axl isn’t the force he was, but my oh my Slash is unreal

The band are tight, Slash an incredible guitarist.

Axl Rose is just fucking embarrassing.

3 hours ago, Zico said:

For those who don't know  

Slash is from Stoke

All my Stokie friends tell me that until I point out that he was born in Hampstead but was raised in Stoke until he was 6.

Edited by freds dad