Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Harvester

little whitt

1 hour ago, victor meldrew said:

Unless they’ve just bought it, it’s owned by emerson

Nope it's always been owned by Premier Inn , not sure if they still own the Harvester . My information is correct as my late  Mrs,   was manageress  of all 3 , she was employed by Premier Inn

Edited by embankment
Spelling mistake

1 minute ago, embankment said:

Nope it's always been owned by Premier Inn , not sure if they still own the Harvester . My information is correct as my late  Mrs,   was manageress  of all 3 , she was employed by Premier Inn

Am guessing the premier inn have some connection to harvester as thats where breakfast is when you book a room at that particular premier inn hotel.   

Premier Inn is Owned by Whitbread, but and they tend to own their own property, rather than lease, and don't franchise.

Harvester is Mitchells & Butler.

Then again, there is a premier inn at the Beehive, but the Beehive is a Greene King Property.

Stonegate (Slug and Lettuce) own the Missoula brand, and also Scotts.

Not sure what any of that means other than Premier inns generally don't do food, (some do have a breakfast room, I stayed in one recently) but will position themselves next to a pub serving food. They maybe do own the whole site, and are landlords to the Harvester (and Missoula, where the lease probably ran out after 25 years)

Didn’t bother once with the hotel last year. A few I go with weren’t happy with the price increases. Tried to get in once after the game and it was a right faff. Someone on here tried kindly to help.

Nam Ploy much better for me now. Also have a few other ideas for home games next season as part of our pint in every pub of Bolton tour.

22 minutes ago, tomski said:

Didn’t bother once with the hotel last year. A few I go with weren’t happy with the price increases. Tried to get in once after the game and it was a right faff. Someone on here tried kindly to help.

Nam Ploy much better for me now. Also have a few other ideas for home games next season as part of our pint in every pub of Bolton tour.

Where you up to with it?

41 minutes ago, tomski said:

Nam ploy have tapped into it very well very impressed with the service

on a price point I’d say it’s dearer than the hotel 

23 minutes ago, wackerchackers said:

Where you up to with it?

We have ticked off all of the east side of Bolton, town, farnworth (just railway to close as it was shut) 

Bolton castle as well as closed off. Only 1 shit pub so far. Been really good.

6 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

Nam ploy have tapped into it very well very impressed with the service

on a price point I’d say it’s dearer than the hotel 

Wouldn’t be surprised mate. I’d pay a bit more for a nicer pint if I’m honest.

7 minutes ago, tomski said:

We have ticked off all of the east side of Bolton, town, farnworth (just railway to close as it was shut) 

Bolton castle as well as closed off. Only 1 shit pub so far. Been really good.

Have you done The Bob Inn? One of the very few I haven't frequented.

1 minute ago, kent_white said:

Do you feet still stick to the floor near the salad bar at Harvester?

It was always exciting wondering if the grease was going to tear the shoe from your foot.

I got barred from there back in the day for going on one of the tills and ordering 6 pints to our table. I could work the till as it was the same as where I worked at the time :D