Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Burton A

radcliffe white

• Site Supporter
13 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

A miss from six yards out with half the goal gaping wide open is always going to attract more attention, though

It shouldn’t, because Charles was hesitant, indecisive, had a poor first touch and completely fluffed his chance from… 8 yards.

If both chances receive equal criticism then fine.

Even better, both chances are passed away as strikers being in the right place at the right time but, today, they didn’t put them away - but that’s probably asking too much. 

• Site Supporter
18 minutes ago, Rizlar said:

It’s going to be a long season 

It's going to be about the same length as every other season over the last 150 years. If you expect us to win every game, then you're either watching the wrong sport or following the wrong team.

Im also one of the ones happy with a point after the first half debacle where we tried to gift them 2 goals and only Williams shot tipped round the post to speak of .

Much better and enjoyable second half, tense end to end stuff . Could have wone could have lost. 

Baxters distribution and positioning still shocking but a great shotstopper so Im overall happy with him .

Iredale worse than last week , utter calamity and he can play in the Bteam for a month for me.

Jones anonymous and isnt working with Cogley like he was with Bradley.

Forrester mom , didnt put a foot wrong when he came on and was unlucky with the deflection that led to the goal , brilliant afterwards. 

Again Gomes cant get up to speed fast enough for me. 

the boy George had a good game but stupid booking as always. 

Charles worked his knackers off ala always.

Not the right game for dad-bod to come on , he would have been booted stupid. 

Paris better as the game went on , there is a player in there somewhere. 

Everyone else ho-hum. 

Prob deserved a draw in the end but definitely nothing more than that.

Slow start & bullied by a more energetic team.

We deservedly went behind and we all know you don’t win many away games when that happens.

Not the reaction I expected after last week.

Let’s see how good we really are next week.

The pressure is on.

5 minutes ago, Cheese said:

It's going to be about the same length as every other season over the last 150 years. If you expect us to win every game, then you're either watching the wrong sport or following the wrong team.

Go and have a word with yourself !

• Site Supporter

Not sure I expected a stellar performance. Last week may well sting for a while, especially after Evatt's comments that he didn't think they were in the right frame of mind. 

Not been a happy hunting ground, and lost Santos, so after going a goal down, I'm taking it as a small positive- we may have lost it last season.

Was worried we might lose beforehand, so hopefully it's a step back to regaining confidence.

Disappointing but didn’t see any of it

Preseason I’d have been happy with W3 D1 L1 given our opponents

Always expect a loss against Wigan and given our history with Burton I can see why some folk would be happy with a point but they were down at the bottom of the league and we should have reversed the trend, but like I say I didn’t see the game

• Site Supporter
13 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Not sure I expected a stellar performance. Last week may well sting for a while, especially after Evatt's comments that he didn't think they were in the right frame of mind. 

Not been a happy hunting ground, and lost Santos, so after going a goal down, I'm taking it as a small positive- we may have lost it last season.

Was worried we might lose beforehand, so hopefully it's a step back to regaining confidence.

Far too much of a rational, sensible and considered opinion.

Agree with every word 👍

3 hours ago, bwfc87 said:

The ref cracked down on time wasting all game then lets them get away with it last 10 minutes. Work that one out. 

He’d backed himself in to a corner when he booked the keeper so early. He might as well have stuck his fingers in his ears after that as if anything it was far worse than when he’d actually booked him. Similarly he was giving free kicks for players being touched by a feather and then letting players get away with wrestling moves (from both sides, I might add). So frustrating. 

3 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Which is weird given the subs he made.

Only one defensive midfielder, and 2 strikers still on.

Had a few decent deliveries in to the box and they were just stood underneath them watching them come in. Nobody smart enough to time their run to attack it; all very reactionary.

Victor’s miss was an absolute shocker and nobody will convince me otherwise. Not least because I backed us to win at 11/2 at one down  

• Site Supporter
27 minutes ago, desperado said:

Far too much of a rational, sensible and considered opinion.

Agree with every word 👍

It's a positive spin, but I'm not overly enthused. 

I'm not convinced by the "should be beating a bottom team" argument, as we were only 4 games in at the start

However, if we have genuine promotion ambitions, then we will have to win a lot of these games.

Two away games this season, and 4 points isn't bad though, especially when they yielded just one point last.

An improvement on last week, if not hugely.

• Site Supporter
15 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

Keeps the happy clappers going I guess

12 minutes ago, captainmed said:

Do not dare criticise BWFC on here.

You know that. 

Bit harsh I think on those of us who are trying to remain positive/realistic.

At the moment Oxford and Exeter are in front of us - that’s a fact.

Everybody else is behind us - fact

We were shocking last week and got a point against a lowly team where we’ve never won - fact

Derby were supposedly swapping their manager for Darren Moore last week. 

So if we are poor, so is everybody else (apart from Oxford/Exeter).

All to play for. 

7 minutes ago, desperado said:

Bit harsh I think on those of us who are trying to remain positive/realistic.

At the moment Oxford and Exeter are in front of us - that’s a fact.

Everybody else is behind us - fact

We were shocking last week and got a point against a lowly team where we’ve never won - fact

Derby were supposedly swapping their manager for Darren Moore last week. 

So if we are poor, so is everybody else (apart from Oxford/Exeter).

All to play for. 

Come on mate that was poor again!

Well, not a game for the purist was it.

Happy that we didnt get bullied and stood up, also happy that Forrester came on and looked like a defender, we will be a better team with toal Santos forrester .  

Not happy with iredale being selected nor the fact he needs to practice that difficult 3 yard pass!  Wtf was he doing, also not happy that randell high seems to have lost that 2 game form he showed. 

Could of won, could of lost, will take a point and hope for a couple of 1st team signings in the next couple of days.